What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

Dragons4me

Juniors
I really like Hunt at 9 and McInnes at 13. Both players are contributing more in defence and attack.

Hunt still turns the ball back looking for a runner too many times for my liking. It's too predictable given we're not a team of hole runners. At times we fall back into the bash and barge for 5 and kick on the 6th but when we do give the ball some air (I think that's Clune's influence there) it looks pretty. But Hunt's inclusion at lock compliments our spine so at least that's promising.

possm

Coach
Hunt still turns the ball back looking for a runner too many times for my liking. It's too predictable given we're not a team of hole runners. At times we fall back into the bash and barge for 5 and kick on the 6th but when we do give the ball some air (I think that's Clune's influence there) it looks pretty. But Hunt's inclusion at lock compliments our spine so at least that's promising.
I like Hunt's inclusion at hooker and McInnes at lock. Even if De Belin is able to return, I'd be inclined to slot him in with Vaughan as our run-on props with Merrin and Kerr on the bench in our prop rotation.

Dragon David

First Grade
Unfortunately for us we will be without our skipper for several weeks and it will be up to our players to regroup now that we have lost Hunt to injury and Bird being suspended, luckily only for a week.

A new captain needs to be picked who can lead the players on the field and I guess that can be McCullough.

In any given year we know that many players get injured either on the field or in training - McInnes for example.

Roosters will be without Keary and the list goes on every weekend for all other clubs so it is the survival of the fittest and having the right reserves to come in. Luckily in the case of Bird for that week we have Williame or one of the Feagai boys and for Hunt we have Clune and a little later maybe, Bud so we have some cover I guess. But losing Hunt and Bird so early in this comp will hurt.

Spazer

Juniors
Big blow, looks like a lot of clubs are suffering injuries right now. At least Bradman Best is out for newcastle next week and they are weak defensively on that left side without him, I would have Norman attacking there with lomax.

TruSaint

Referee
Unfortunately for us we will be without our skipper for several weeks and it will be up to our players to regroup now that we have lost Hunt to injury and Bird being suspended, luckily only for a week.

A new captain needs to be picked who can lead the players on the field and I guess that can be McCullough.

In any given year we know that many players get injured either on the field or in training - McInnes for example.

Roosters will be without Keary and the list goes on every weekend for all other clubs so it is the survival of the fittest and having the right reserves to come in. Luckily in the case of Bird for that week we have Williame or one of the Feagai boys and for Hunt we have Clune and a little later maybe, Bud so we have some cover I guess. But losing Hunt and Bird so early in this comp will hurt.

Im pissed off at the injury but am also curious to see how we go without Ben.
His form was great, but i still think we may surprise a few.

Anyway, speedy recovery please and lets see where we are in 4-6 weeks.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Jeez...Hunts broken leg is a nasty surprise....just when there was some joy in the camp.....still the game is so fast now and the 6 again rule is not doing any players any favours, sadly theres going to be a lot lot more Im afraid.....its always been a heavy contact sport but add the xtra stress on the body from repeat sets and it takes its toll

TruSaint

Referee
Jeez...Hunts broken leg is a nasty surprise....just when there was some joy in the camp.....still the game is so fast now and the 6 again rule is not doing any players any favours, sadly theres going to be a lot lot more Im afraid.....its always been a heavy contact sport but add the xtra stress on the body from repeat sets and it takes its toll

EG, Keary from last nite bro.