What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

Gareth67

First Grade
When it rains , it pours . Agree with with Dragon David - McCullough to take over the captaincy role and Clune to replace Hunt at half . A big spanned thrown in the works at this early stage , more so that the boys were just finding their feet , however I am sure that Griffin will not panic and will have a few ideas up his sleeve .

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Bird at 5/8, Williame at centre, Feagai in bench is my prediction. Bird looked very comfortable in the halves on Friday.

epDragon62

First Grade
For our next game against Newcastle:
  • Bird suspended.
  • Clune and Norman in the halves.
  • McCullough as captain while Hunt is recovering.
  • Max Feagai to left centre.
  • Williame to remain on the bench.
I think Williame might start but otherwise agree.

Illusion

Bench
Cant believe im saying it but yes. Norman with the Captaincy. Time for him to run the show whilst Ben recovers.
Well mate you would think and hope that Norman will be the man man to control our plays...... On the big money to do so .... Hook has a very high opinion of him so I think and hope that he responds to the faith that Hook has in him ...... Norman its time to justify your time here with the Saints ......

TruSaint

Referee
Well mate you would think and hope that Norman will be the man man to control our plays...... On the big money to do so .... Hook has a very high opinion of him so I think and hope that he responds to the faith that Hook has in him ...... Norman its time to justify your time here with the Saints ......

Yeah, I think that's why Griffin will give him the honour.
Its up to Norman, as you say, to respond. I think he will.

Dragon David

First Grade
Every week in this "new" form of rugby league there will be so many ups and downs - wins/losses/injuries/suspensions. No one can predict what can happen in any game and somehow if your team has good balance of players covering the engine room and the backend, you have a very good chance to come out a winner under the new rules.

I am of the belief that Griffin has got the players to give us this good balance and I feel that he will be able to get all of the players working in sync without Hunt and luckily a short period without Birdy.

We have some depth and these setbacks of not having Hunt and Bird will allow the coaches to see what they can do in managing the squad to maintaining competitiveness so all will not be lost.

Illusion

Bench
Every week in this "new" form of rugby league there will be so many ups and downs - wins/losses/injuries/suspensions. No one can predict what can happen in any game and somehow if your team has good balance of players covering the engine room and the backend, you have a very good chance to come out a winner under the new rules.

I am of the belief that Griffin has got the players to give us this good balance and I feel that he will be able to get all of the players working in sync without Hunt and luckily a short period without Birdy.

We have some depth and these setbacks of not having Hunt and Bird will allow the coaches to see what they can do in managing the squad to maintaining competitiveness so all will not be lost.
Like you say a balanced team , and its not that Hunt has been the man for the past 3 years or so .... He has been only good for the last 3 games .... So in a way its probably better if it had to happen and he is out , that its now ..... I think we will be ok , because of the coach ......