What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

however I am sure that Griffin will not panic and will have a few ideas up his sleeve .

tenor.gif

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Well mate you would think and hope that Norman will be the man man to control our plays...... On the big money to do so .... Hook has a very high opinion of him so I think and hope that he responds to the faith that Hook has in him ...... Norman its time to justify your time here with the Saints ......
and to a lesser extent Clune. Money aside, he’s been groomed nicely for just this occasion. Mark Shulman and Ross Strudwick often used to step up if Billy Smith was injured in the seventies and still get MOM awards. He’s going to get good service from McCullough and a team playing with greater confidence. Wish him all the best!

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
and

and to a lesser extent Clune. Money aside, he’s been groomed nicely for just this occasion. Mark Shulman and Ross Strudwick often used to step up if Billy Smith was injured in the seventies and still get MOM awards. He’s going to get good service from McCullough and a team playing with greater confidence. Wish him all the best!
I'm thinking Norman to half and Clune to five eighth. Norman killed it as the half at the Eels when he was in "form" and he will be more involved with the plays with Clune being able to rove and give his deft passes to the outside men.

I did think that McCullough for captain but now I'm thinking Norman instead. He needs this responsibility to keep him motivated in the game and has the ability to challenge on field decisions I think moreso than McCullough. I don't think that Sims would want the captaincy.

Who knows ..... maybe losing Bird one week like this is better than being busted long term with something else. Before the season if someone suggested 3 weeks in, 1 weeks rest to start the month it wouldn’t have sounded so ridiculous. Maybe a blessing for the lad :shrug:♂️

Have to say .... credit to Hunt. Tough little bugger our Benny. To come off smiling at the end and laughing. Trying to imagine running around for any length of time with a broken leg, getting tackled by blokes and kicking footballs around ..... can’t say my departure would have been quite as graceful

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I'm thinking Norman to half and Clune to five eighth. Norman killed it as the half at the Eels when he was in "form" and he will be more involved with the plays with Clune being able to rove and give his deft passes to the outside men.

I did think that McCullough for captain but now I'm thinking Norman instead. He needs this responsibility to keep him motivated in the game and has the ability to challenge on field decisions I think moreso than McCullough. I don't think that Sims would want the captaincy.
Yeh, i also always thought he played best at half too, yet ironically never played a game for us in that position. Not sure i’d change positions now though, yet agree with you Captaincy thoughts Dragon David.

possm

Coach
Clune wil play OK however, we will miss Hunt with his new found attidude.

ALSGI

Bench
Clune wil play OK however, we will miss Hunt with his new found attidude.
Yep Hunt will be missed on current form, great opportunity for others with Hunt and Bird out. Small window of opportunity for Bird’s replacement but the halves is a great opportunity.

Also great opportunity for coaches to roll the dice and for the team to rally, stand up and show strength.

slippery5

Juniors
Wondering if this injury happened before this game because I'm sure a saw a training photo with him having the calf strapped & I thought then he must have a calf strain or something???

SEAT 1A

Bench
Sims captain, Clune to seven and hopefully Norman to play that will leave the club no option other to offer him a new contract.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Not withstanding we’ve lost our captain but halfback is a spot we have depth in. Clune will stand up :thumbsup:

Fingers crossed and from what I saw last year, Clune will do more than just filling in until Benny returns.

I'm looking forward to see were we are on Ben's return as a club.

6AGAIN

Juniors
Having had a number of leg breaks / fractures and knee recons, 4-6 weeks is around the norm for a fibula brake.
With Hunt being a fit person, he may heal sooner but the repercussions of an early return may outweigh the benefits of getting him back sooner rather than later.
Its a catch 22. Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't.

I'm expecting a correction in the ladder over the next month.
Its a long season, we'll pick it up again, thereafter.