What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 V Newcastle

kit66

Bench
A fast start would help us, an early try or two because Pearce doesn't seem to play well when behind, get's a bit panicky and tries too hard, we've seen it many times - SOO for example.

I guess Hook will give Williame a shot at Birds' centre spot - poor guy has never really had an opportunity to play in a good side, he has the terrible record of just 6 wins from the 37 first grade games he's played - that must be a record. For all that he still knows how to find the line. Good luck to him.
Clune in for Hunt but I'm not sure who gets promoted to the bench, Hook might go for a utility back. Periera bagged a hat trick yesterday and I believe Runciman has been playing really well in the 2nd row so would make a handy bench utility as well, previously played centre.
Edit : Actually I'm not sure Runciman is eligible, so maybe Max Feagai or Ford. I'd pick Bud but he's had no game time.

Walpole

Juniors
This will be a good test of where we stand. There's probably 6 teams who will definitely make the top 8 (Panthers, Storm. Souths, Roosters, Parra and Canberra) but then a group chasing those final two spots. Knights are in that group and fingers crossed, we are too. Sharks are as well and we lost that one but hopefully the two wins has given the team a bit more confidence. It's good to be looking forward to a game with some genuine hope. Thanks Hook.

George Dragon

Juniors
Out of the two forwards, who would you play George? Will Eddie make it?

I think Ford gets the bench because at a pinch he can cover centre, Hook prefers (Wiliame because he can cover back row)
Eddie will have no match fitness, Kaide may play as Merrin had HIA for second week on a row. He was only cleared to play on Thursday and may have to sit out this week.

So depth is already a problem.
Why dont we have more than 21 available.
I know one jdb.
They are still hanging their hat on him playing again.

No Cam or JDB
That leaves 26
Bird suspended
Ben leg
Bud hammy 2 more weeks
Billy ongoing HIA and has not been playing.
Matt MCL
21 players left

jeffdragon

Bench
I think Ford gets the bench because at a pinch he can cover centre, Hook prefers (Wiliame because he can cover back row)
Eddie will have no match fitness, Kaide may play as Merrin had HIA for second week on a row. He was only cleared to play on Thursday and may have to sit out this week.

No Cam or JDB
That leaves 26
Bird suspended
Ben leg
Bud hammy 2 more weeks
Billy ongoing HIA and has not been playing.
Matt MCL
21 players left
An extra two signings have come in handy
Especially in the pack.
I don't agree with not signing two more.
A few more injuries and where stuffed.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Some stats from the KOE Cup game yesterday for those who could replace Bird and Hunt.

Stats are listed as:
Name - runs/m - PCM - LB - TA - TB - Offloads - TE % - T - MT - Errors

Max F - 14/161 - 48 - 1 - 0 - 4 - 0 - 84.6 - 11 - 1 - 2

Williame - 5/52 - 22 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 94.1 - 16 - 1 - 0

JP - 19/199 - 58 - 3 - 0 - 8 - 2 - 40 - 2 - 2 - 2

Ford - 15/174 - 74 - 1 - 0 - 7 - 0 - 93.5 - 43 - 2 - 4

Clune - 6/79 - 31 - 0 - 4 - 1 - 1 - 100 - 16 - 0 - 0

Ellis - 16/174 - 65 - 0 - 0 - 3 - 2 - 96.7 - 29 - 1 -0

Obvious Clune in for Hunt, but does Williame come into the starting or stay on the bench? Who come onto the bench or starting centre?

Tez

Juniors
Some stats from the KOE Cup game yesterday for those who could replace Bird and Hunt.

Stats are listed as:

Obvious Clune in for Hunt, but does Williame come into the starting or stay on the bench? Who come onto the bench or starting centre?
JP onto bench or starting centre?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

Stats are listed as:

Imo Wiliame will start, he’s obviously ahead in the pecking order having earned the bench spot. I’d have Ford on the bench due to his versatility. In a way this injury could end up having some positives in forcing Norman to run the team, and hopefully Ford can grab his spot and make an impact possibly forcing the coaches hand. It will also be good for Clune to get more experience should we need him later in the season.

SnowDragon

Juniors
I’m assuming Williame will get the centre spot, and based on last few weeks I think it’s ok, though I’d prefer Max got another game tbh. Stats from the weekend look superior too.

bud may be back and healthy, and I want to see more of him. Clune is solid though so maybe the right choice.

I assumed Williame was cover for bird, and played in part as capable of working in the pack if needed. I’d prefer Ford for that role, even if he isn’t really doing all we expected atm

Crush

Coach
I’m confident we can win this.
I watched the knights vs tigers game and we beat both those sides.
Dragons by 18

thebigredv

First Grade
Doesn't get much more 50/50 than this. Slight advantage to the Knights at home but both teams have unavailable key players so no excuse there. Mary would have already been using that one to account for the loss but under Griffin I give us a good chance in an important match.

Discipline. Defence. Go forward hard and strong. Win lose or draw that will be sufficient.

thebigredv

First Grade
Something tells me we may miss Bird just as much as we miss Hunt. His physicality has been one of the bonuses this year so far. Would prefer Max F gets his spot, fingers crossed.

Should give Friz one on the nose for disloyalty.

He could at least have waited until he was sacked by Hook.

Long way to go, but I see a lot more in your game these days.

I still like Hunt, wonderful player, but not on a $1m a season. You’d be firing with Douhie and a few marquee.