What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Saab

Dion

Juniors
I must say I watched him play the week before against Souths and he was very unimpressive. I know Damien Cook is quick but he ran down Saab easily after turning around and giving him a head start. Equally unimpressive today. Surprised Manly doesn’t have a better winger on their books than Saab. Plus his travel “excuse” for asking for a release was lame. It seems he’s just as lame as a footballer.
Saab did us a favour insisting on leaving. Found a new club but hasn't improved one iota from his first few games with us.
He is a bit of a cat and way overrated.

boardlumps62

Juniors
This forum does like to go off about players we’ve lost.

Garrick and Saab were on opposite sides of the field, our wingers comfortably outplayed them.

Host, Marsters and Sele can’t get a start for Souths. Looch is stinking the Tigers up with his brother. Herbert is doing ok with the Gold Coast I suppose but he hasn’t exactly set the world on fire. Field is in super league now. Robson isn’t doing anything special for a poor Cows side.

Packer and Dugan, both on huge contracts that their currently clubs are trying to offload. Leeson is doing ok at the Warriors, but again don’t think he was a massive loss. Mann I never rated either.

Friz will end up being a massive loss but other than him, the other guys are meh.
I think Ah Mau was one of the best under McGregor he would have went better under Hook but he would be aging now. Mann was and still is a good player can fill most spots in backline and a handy hooker as well. Only MO.

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
I found the booing tonight petty.

The kid has made a career choice. Good luck to him. I see potential.
I was at the game Friday and the constant booing every time he touched the ball was embarrassing. He's a 20 year old kid ffs. Not a good look. And he played what, half a dozen games for us? It's not like he's Michael O'Connor or something. The booing made us look like a fanbase of dicks

This Year?

Immortal
I was at the game Friday and the constant booing every time he touched the ball was embarrassing. He's a 20 year old kid ffs. Not a good look. And he played what, half a dozen games for us? It's not like he's Michael O'Connor or something. The booing made us look like a fanbase of dicks
It's about as petty using a long drive as a reason for leaving a club. Instead of booing, they should have said vroom.

TruSaint

Referee

Were not the first or last fanbase to "boo" a player who left.
He stuffed around his negotiations for months on end. Its a natural reaction by the fans.

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
If he'd have shut up and let his football speak for him I'd have more sympathy. I think what turned alot of fans stomachs was his constant crapping on in the media. Ive never seen someone who's showed nothing in their limited time in first grade flap their gums like he did.

Poor old Timmy Moltzen was the poster boy for us fans booing, and he actually never played a minute for us.
For me it’s not about the player leaving the Club it’s about the lead up and fall out for how it’s all handled.
Unfortunately for young Saab it wasn’t handled well and I feel he was given poor advice which lead to bad press about the Club. That’s the part that most fans don’t like.
Anyway all the best to the young guy. I’m sure he will like the wooden spoon that can sit along side his silver spoon.

giboz71

First Grade
Were not the first or last fanbase to "boo" a player who left.
He stuffed around his negotiations for months on end. Its a natural reaction by the fans.

Agreed.

I don't want to pile on him too much as he's just a kid, but he's getting poorly advised. Agitating for a release and breaking a contract when you have achieved exactly zero in the game is not a great look.

And the whole long drive excuse when he signed for Manly (just as far away) is about as lame as they come.

He should have just been honest and said, "my manager thinks I might be able to score more money elsewhere", I would have respected him more if he had just come out and told the truth.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

I never wish anything bad on any player. But if the kid is going to break a contract because the distance to training is too far to then move to a club where the distance is further, then surely he would expect booing from the crowd. If he can’t cope, then he shouldn’t be playing footy. What? Just because he’s 20 he needs to be wrapped in cotton wool? f**k him...and good on those supporters for showing some passion for the mighty dragons...this is a good look...it shows we have supporters with heart....again...I don’t wish anything bad upon any player...but seeing that he’s been dropped this week after a shitty performance against us has made my day...