What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Fifita

qld redvee

Juniors
If we are going to pick fifita up then we need to finalise and announce it sooner than later. I like the idea of him coming off the bench as an impact player I think that would suit him with his knees Imagine him on the charge with tiring players whilst giving our other props a break . i reckon hook is smart enough to manage him and get the best out of him .. If we are after him finalise the deal so we can get his large frame in the red vee and unleash him on the opposition !!!!!!!!!

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
He’s been smoking the leaves of the Illawarra flame tree..

Helps to uncloud mind from the toxins which come from the waters around the Georges river which pollute the mind & make them think foolish thoughts & have delusions of superiority..

Hey, Muzby, I haven't heard you comment on your skills in perceiving aspects of a poster's biography from the posts he writes! Anyway well done! I spent the first 20 years of my life in a house overlooking the Georges River. It was of course on the north (St. George) bank. And now I am in the 7th year of my residence in Wollongong. Initially I could see WIN Stadium from my balcony but unit development has now obscured that view. I am happy to say I have a foot in each camp of the joint venture so I will never support moves to subvert it. Far too painful for me!

possm

Coach
If we are going to pick fifita up then we need to finalise and announce it sooner than later. I like the idea of him coming off the bench as an impact player I think that would suit him with his knees Imagine him on the charge with tiring players whilst giving our other props a break . i reckon hook is smart enough to manage him and get the best out of him .. If we are after him finalise the deal so we can get his large frame in the red vee and unleash him on the opposition !!!!!!!!!
Yes I'd love to seem him in the big red V ASAP and definately for the ANZAC Day Game.

George Sancti

Juniors
I would be happy to see Andrew Fifita in our ranks for season 2021. As for subsequent years, an option in the club's favour, as was suggested earlier by Gareth67, should be our position. I am concerned that if we do sign him for 2022 at say $600,000, it may impact our chances of securing a player of the standard of a Jaydn Su'A or Kurt Capewell.

Dragon David

First Grade
The Dragons will make a recruitment announcement, When and who are the big questions. They like to give us a surprise.

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth Widdop announcement in 2012 came from nowhere.
Pity his time with us was with Price and Mary.

There was initially a hint that he would be returning to England which was denied by the club , however as we now know he already had his bags packed - where there’s smoke there’s . . .

possm

Coach
There was initially a hint that he would be returning to England which was denied by the club , however as we now know he already had his bags packed - where there’s smoke there’s . . .
Yes, on reflection it would have been much better for Widdop and the Club if he left right away.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The Dragons will make a recruitment announcement, When and who are the big questions. They like to give us a surprise.
Your so right DD as Saints are very secretive these days. We could end up with Sam Burgess for all we know.

If Big Sam was 100% fit I would love him in the Red V. A freak of a player but his days are now gone and can't see him come out of retirement.

mickeylane

Bench
Could be Mickey. I like surprises and I'm sure that whoever comes our way Hook would have done a lot of homework on the bod before an official announcement is made. We know we are getting someone so we just have to wait and see which I think will be soon.

happy to start an all brawl anytime w this pack...
Vaughan
MCCulloch
Fifita
Sims
McGuire
Fuimaono

Gareth67

First Grade
happy to start an all brawl anytime w this pack...
Vaughan
MCCulloch
Fifita
Sims
McGuire
Fuimaono

Mickey , mickey , we require that pack to have enough skill to win footy matches and plenty off them , not fisticuffs my lad .

One too many brawls and they could very well end up like ‘ the mouth of the south ‘ Anthony Mundine - then they would be useless to everyone .

Maddragon99

Juniors
I think if Josh McGuire becomes available he’d be a better pickup & probably cheaper. As far as I’m aware Josh is injury free & could be a starter if we pick up a few injuries.

possm

Coach
I think if Josh McGuire becomes available he’d be a better pickup & probably cheaper. As far as I’m aware Josh is injury free & could be a starter if we pick up a few injuries.
If we signed McGuire, I believe hook would play him on the edge and return Kerr to the prop rotation. This would mean we would still not have a tough prop in our prop rotation.

So, McGuire this season plus Fifita next season is an affordable solution. That would give Griffin a full pre-season with both players leading into 2022 and take care of the Frizell replacement problem for 2021.

Maddragon99

Juniors
If we signed McGuire, I believe hook would play him on the edge and return Kerr to the prop rotation. This would mean we would still not have a tough prop in our prop rotation.

So, McGuire this season plus Fifita next season is an affordable solution. That would give Griffin a full pre-season with both players leading into 2022 and take care of the Frizell replacement problem for 2021.
The problem I have with Fifita mid season signing is his broken body. He’s reported to be on $800k even if Cronulla pick up half he’s still potentially a $400k bust.