What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Vee

First Grade
I really really really hope the Cowboys don't sign Brooks. We need a half back that can take us to the finals, and he ain't it.

Adam Reynolds, on the other hand...
Agree on both counts. Similar to Brooks on Dearden and Moses, wouldn't want either of them. The only reservation I have about Reynolds is his ability to play well away from the Bunnies, he's always had a big dominant pack in front of him, he won't get that up here.

On the face of it, Reynolds organising and kicking and Morgo running would seem an ideal combination.

Vee

First Grade
Agree on both counts. Similar to Brooks on Dearden and Moses, wouldn't want either of them. The only reservation I have about Reynolds is his ability to play well away from the Bunnies, he's always had a big dominant pack in front of him, he won't get that up here.

On the face of it, Reynolds organising and kicking and Morgo running would seem an ideal combination.
And Reynolds on a 2 year deal wouldn't cost any more than the alternatives.

Vee

First Grade
I have faith in Payten to turn us around, he has swung the axe for this week and it'll be interesting to see how Hampton goes in the 7 and how Hess responds to being dropped to the bench (if he doesn't run hard and tackle everything that moves when he gets on the field, drop him altogether).
Hampton's best position is 14, he's not good enough anywhere to nail down a FG spot.

Mark B

Juniors
Bennett wanted another winger to do the heavy metres out of the back, just has to teach him to catch the ball first
I guess it comes down to what Mansour is earning. If it’s a contract that is a bargain and could work out OK, not convinced though. Kinda reminds of Eric GrothenSnr towards the twilight of his career. He was very slow to turn and chase either players who had made break or kicks. This was all due to his knees being shot.

blaza88z

Coach

I can't see them signing Reynolds unless Morgan medically retires

mistertaylor

Juniors
I can't see them signing Reynolds unless Morgan medically retires
Agreed, I think Cowboys are sweating on Morgo being medically retired to free up the coin to chase Reynolds.

If we miss out on Reynolds, resign Drinkwater as a 6 and look for an organising half-back that isn't named Moses or Brooks.

MugaB

Coach
Agreed, I think Cowboys are sweating on Morgo being medically retired to free up the coin to chase Reynolds.

If we miss out on Reynolds, resign Drinkwater as a 6 and look for an organising half-back that isn't named Moses or Brooks.
You're better off sticking with Drinkwater as a halfback, and finding a 5/8th to complement him, he was Australian schoolboy halfback, and Nathan Cleary was his 5/8th, since he started at Melbourne, he has been shuffled from fullback to 5/8th to bench ultility, and barely got to play halfback.
5/8's are probably easier to shop around for, as they are often livewires, and ex-centre's or ex-fullbacks look at jack wighton, cameron munster, dylan walker, cody walker, corey norman, darren lockyer, brad fittler, luke lewis, all generally started from other positions and became 5/8ths, a genuine halfback is very hard to find, and can take years to become NRL grade, luke brooks is still average

shear_joy9

Coach
Reynolds > cowboys 3years@$3mill

lol@cows if that happens. Finally get some luck to be rid of that horrendous albatross contract for Morgan then overpay big time for Reynolds

Vee

First Grade

lol@cows if that happens. Finally get some luck to be rid of that horrendous albatross contract for Morgan then overpay big time for Reynolds
Our own silly fault if we do that. I'd be willing to go 2 years @ $700k/yr.

Vee

First Grade

And we're allowing Maguire to move because we have such quality elsewhere in our pack and coming through. Having lost Molo and about to lose Grieg.

MugaB

Coach
So who will be in for the Mbye stakes? Surely the whole comp will be putting out feelers :cool:
You'd think Cowboys is first choice for him, as payten needs an Mbop, and being a qlder, wouldn't hurt, its more about the price i think, otherwise the new franchise might be a grear place for Mbye, Munster and Capewell when they come off contract

Latest posts