What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TruSaint

Referee
We should at least see how Clune goes in the next few weeks under Hook, Elliott and Gentle. If our team has basically improved overall by winning the last two games, Clune's "improvement" will also be seen and from that he might stay with us, I hope.

This.

I know he's mid twenties but he needs to be given more than a dozen games or so. He seemed "ultra " cautious under our previous coach. Many did.

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
It would be sad to see clune go but for him I’d like him to go if he’d be guaranteed a starting spot at NQL, he deserves it. It would make sense for him personally

Not really. Theres still a possibility of them signing Reynolds, and where would that leave him? Basically the same situation he is in now butm8les away from home, his studies and future business.

If we're really going down the road of player swap with Maguire then why not BB? Or force the Pamthers hand and offer Blacker to the Cows

BIG RIG

Juniors
Paul Crawley has put out an article confirming that St George are after both Andrew Fifita and Josh McGuire as mid yr signings

The article stated that both Andrew Fifita and Josh McGuire created first contact with Hook to show their desire to play at St George

Only thing in the way of potential deals is money but according the Crawley St George have sufficient funds to fit both and it looks likely it will occur soon

Paul Crawley has put out an article confirming that St George are after both Andrew Fifita and Josh McGuire as mid yr signings

The article stated that both Andrew Fifita and Josh McGuire created first contact with Hook to show their desire to play at St George

Only thing in the way of potential deals is money but according the Crawley St George have sufficient funds to fit both and it looks likely it will occur soon
I'm happy with this I'm just worried about the length of contract .Two years with maybe a third in our favor maybe.

qld redvee

Juniors
brett read on triple m said that the mcguire deal will happen AFTER hunt is back . that allows clune to replace hunt for the duration and then a swap . Im not sure that mcguire is a good signing given the dollars he is on i suppose cowboys might put some money in to sweeten the deal
I would like us to announce fifita signing on monday so we can get the big fella into the squad asap

Maddragon99

Juniors
brett read on triple m said that the mcguire deal will happen AFTER hunt is back . that allows clune to replace hunt for the duration and then a swap . Im not sure that mcguire is a good signing given the dollars he is on i suppose cowboys might put some money in to sweeten the deal
I would like us to announce fifita signing on monday so we can get the big fella into the squad asap
If McGuire is coming the it makes the Fifita signing mute. We don’t need them both & McGuire is in much better shape & presents value. Would be sorry to see Clune go but we do have depth in the halves.

Dragsters

First Grade
There has been a bit made of the link Clune has with Bird. Being mates and teammates from a young age.
I may be over cautious on this but I wouldn’t want Clune being moved on unsettling Bird.

I see it as a opportunity for Clune to cement a regular first grade spot and hopefully he sees it that way too.

The cows halves are ordinary and Clune would easily be first selected imo...

Maddragon99

Juniors
There has been a bit made of the link Clune has with Bird. Being mates and teammates from a young age.
I may be over cautious on this but I wouldn’t want Clune being moved on unsettling Bird.
I wouldn’t read much into this, if there’s an opportunity for Clune to play regular first grade & potentially earn more money then Bird would be happy for his mate. Any loyalty to Clune didn’t stop Jack from leaving years ago, it’s just professional sport.

TruSaint

Referee
I see it as a opportunity for Clune to cement a regular first grade spot and hopefully he sees it that way too.

The cows halves are ordinary and Clune would easily be first selected imo...

They could do with him right now.
FMD... What a half.

Latest posts