What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can we put a line through the Dogs?

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I don't disagree. It's a cycle, for some clubs anyway.
I'm enjoying seeing Penriths success, after years of pain, for example.

There does seem to be a huge disparity between the top 4 and the bottom 4, for whatever reason, which I don't think we have really seen previously.

This year, to me anyway, the ruck has slowed marginally when compared to last season, which is a good thing to get some sort of re-balancing between bat and ball.

There are realistically 4 teams too many for the talent pool to produce a truly competitive, top class competition every week.

But thats a whole different conversation.

nick87

Coach
Also I needs to be said regarding the bulldogs
This is a tough year for sure, but with Nic Cotric on board for big money and Addo-Carr on his way, the tide is going to turn pretty quickly on the back of these wingers ;)

BadnMean

Juniors
Also I needs to be said regarding the bulldogs
This is a tough year for sure, but with Nic Cotric on board for big money and Addo-Carr on his way, the tide is going to turn pretty quickly on the back of these wingers ;)

Do you reckon Cotric is happy with his choices at the moment?

He's going to lose every extra penny in his new contract & then some by not making origin + kangaroos & he gets to get flogged every week & miss finals footy... Silly lad.

nick87

Coach
Do you reckon Cotric is happy with his choices at the moment?

He's going to lose every extra penny in his new contract & then some by not making origin + kangaroos & he gets to get flogged every week & miss finals footy... Silly lad.

From my understanding of why he left, yeah I think he’s probably happy

not the best career move but we all knew that, probably including himself

Mr Spock!

Referee
There are realistically 4 teams too many for the talent pool to produce a truly competitive, top class competition every week.

But thats a whole different conversation.

Their recruitment is shithouse....

Spending big money on centres and wingers when you don't have any halves is just plain insanity.

The only way those blokes are going to score is from an intercept or at a nightclub.

I think the real question here is whether the race for the spoon is as interesting and competitive as the race for the premiership? There is arguably more teams capable of winning the spoon than winning the comp.
The battle for the spoon was the highlight of 2020. In 30 years time I will remember who finished last in 2020, but I won't care about who won the minor and major premierships.

Reflector

Juniors
I don't get the argument that the state of the current bottom 4 teams is proof that there's too many teams in the NRL/ not enough talent to go around. The state of the bottom four teams is way more to do with terrible management decisions than a so-called lack of playing talent available here or abroad.

Reflector

Juniors
Bulldogs, Manly and Broncos all competing for the wooden spoon.
A glorious time to be alive.

Imagine hopping in the DeLorean, gunning it back to 1995 and telling people that...and telling Raiders fans they still hadn't won another premiership. I am imagining a time in the future where we are talking about the Roosters, Storm and Broncos all competing for the wooden spoon and I have to stop because all the blood is rushing from my big head and flowing to another...