What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL logos on everyday items

TheRam

Coach
Slowly but surely they are getting there while we are going nowhere in Vic and other non traditional States..

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...d/news-story/eda2cb1d64134621dd9c81c31d9b2b6b

AFL BOSS ON NSW MISSION

The AFL continues to march into rugby league heartland in Sydney.

AFL boss Gill McLachlan was in town last week for talks with Premier Gladys Berejiklian and government ministers.

Topping his wish list is more ovals across NSW with four posts instead of two.

Participation numbers — especially among women — are taking off.

“We got a terrific reception — the Premier was great,” McLachlan said, “The agenda for us is community facilities in Sydney. It a huge issue. We have outgrown the space. There are not enough ovals for us. We’ve actually got a waiting list for clubs and players.”

McLachlan says the return of Buddy Franklin for the Swans this weekend will further lift the profile of AFL in Sydney. “Buddy is as big as it gets in our game,” he said. “Him and Dusty (Martin) are the biggest names in my time.”

taipan

Referee
Slowly but surely they are getting there while we are going nowhere in Vic and other non traditional States..

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...d/news-story/eda2cb1d64134621dd9c81c31d9b2b6b

AFL BOSS ON NSW MISSION

AFL boss Gill McLachlan was in town last week for talks with Premier Gladys Berejiklian and government ministers.

“We got a terrific reception — the Premier was great,” McLachlan said, “The agenda for us is community facilities in Sydney. It a huge issue. We have outgrown the space. There are not enough ovals for us. We’ve actually got a waiting list for clubs and players.”

McLachlan says the return of Buddy Franklin for the Swans this weekend will further lift the profile of AFL in Sydney. “Buddy is as big as it gets in our game,” he said. “Him and Dusty (Martin) are the biggest names in my time.”

Agree.
But worth noting ,those who wish for Sydney clubs to be moved or relocated, take note about the AFL wanting more grounds in Sydney.And as a consequence they'd accept disillusioned fans who lose an NRL team and look at the area they left exposed.

colly

Juniors

AFL BOSS ON NSW MISSION

It's the councils that control the 'grounds'. New South government has little power in this. In fact councils usual do the opposite of what the NS Gov wants. Well that's seems to be the case watching the local news.

TheRam

Coach
It's the councils that control the 'grounds'. New South government has little power in this. In fact councils usual do the opposite of what the NS Gov wants. Well that's seems to be the case watching the local news.

Mate, where there is a will there is a way with these fu*kers. We just can't seem to halt their advance and we definitely can't make any inroads into their turf in significant way.

It is only a matter of time unless the NRL finally get a real war plan into action.

TheRam

Coach
I agree with a small percentage of what you say but i don't think afl will ever overtake league in nsw and qld. There is too much history there. I think all it will do is take the space previously filled by union and absorb that base and maybe become like basketball with a decent junior participation rate. I don't even think they'd think they'll be number one in nsw and qld, i think they'd just be aiming for a small slice of the pie (more so at unions expense).

How do you eat a salami mate?

One slice at a time.

Dodgy

Juniors
I was watching the TCR Australia series racing yesterday (Car racing if you don't know). In between races they had a "fun piece" getting drivers to do a handball competition.

It's in Bathurst, one of the drivers wasn't from a footy state, and they do a handball competition! Admittedly it was on &.

Then they interviewed a driver, Aaron Seton. His dad is Well known driver Glenn.

Spent a fair bit of time in Melbourne ins the 90s as Glenn team was based there. But is otherwise form Sydney and both live in Qld.

They asked Aaron what's his team? "Sydney Swans". No mention of his league team.