What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 V Newcastle

Gareth67

First Grade
I only got to see the last 20 minutes of the game , but it was all Red&White .

As I said earlier they had the commitment and also the ability to make a tiring Newcastle defense pay for any mistakes and that is how many try’s are scored - the opponent merely cannot compete against an attack that is still firing on all cylinders in the latter stages of the match .

And what about Simns charge down , the big bloke flew like he was 20 years of age and that big smile on his mug was worth the price of admission alone .

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
a lot of wasted years we had there. Sad to see
To be fair, in previous seasons we have been leading the comp early but after Origin fallen in a heap.
That was a great effort and the emotion is high but our halves really didn't control that game very well at all. A decent set of halves would have smelled blood and put that side away. With all the injuries we should have flogged them tonight. If we keep playing like this I believe it will burn us out by seasons end. We need to get our halves firing a bit more before next week. We aren't going to be this fortunate with injuries every week.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Had to go out today so just watched the reply.....am so proud of the boys.....cant believe we had no set restarts and they had more than they were entitled to and on top of that we had so much bad luck with feint touches off blokes hands etc.....and ill throw in Lomax kick that went over and was disallowed.....seriously the NRL really need to get their shit together with the bunker...they use them when they shouldnt and dont use them when they should.....well done boys feel 10 feet tall after that pure guts effort

jeffdragon

Bench
To be fair, in previous seasons we have been leading the comp early but after Origin fallen in a heap.
That was a great effort and the emotion is high but our halves really didn't control that game very well at all. A decent set of halves would have smelled blood and put that side away. With all the injuries we should have flogged them tonight. If we keep playing like this I believe it will burn us out by seasons end. We need to get our halves firing a bit more before next week. We aren't going to be this fortunate with injuries every week.
Clune wont grab any game by the scruff off the neck.
Hes not that type of player.
We haven't played like we did today esp when Mary was coach.
I honestly don't care today.
The ft score is more important.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Clune wont grab any game by the scruff off the neck.
Hes not that type of player.
We haven't played like we did today when Mary was coach.
I honestly don't care today.
The ft score is more important.
Norman also, he had some nice touches but he also just did a lot of shovelling on. I would have like to have seen a few more sets where we played for the line dropout and really ground them out of the game. We could have come home and pumped them in the final 20. Either way our very poorly rated pack has comprehensively outplayed one of the comps best packs. So the positives far outweigh the negatives but you can just see we are missing that clinical skill that the top 4 sides have. Ben Hunt was looking good though and if we can grind out a few wins like this while he is out it will serve us well. It will give the current halves time to really get their game in order to compliment Hunt when he is back.