What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Crowd Watch

Queanbeyan is part of Raider's territory, and the ground was their former home.In fact their inaugural ground.

Jubilee whatever it is called now, is not ,never has been Shark's home nor its territory.
It's got little to do with the trip.It has to do with that fact, tribalism (where you exist)and the ground is akin to Brookvale on steroids.

The NRL in fact reserves the right to keep teams.They could relocate any club they so choose ,if push comes to shove.
Anycase a club with 53 years under its belt, their fans have some say on its homebase, especially as their home base is being upgraded and revenue lifted and owned by the NRL club(unique that).And on population ratio basis more than match bigger clubs.
When clubs nearly fill their actual home grounds regularly,I'll sit up and take notice of criticisms.Knights at least are to be congratulated, on that aspect.

what an utterly ridiculous attitude
wouldn't matter where the raiders played , if it was 30 minutes away our fans would turn up

Valheru

Coach
you brought up our average .. dope..
however a closer look has the equal most succesful NRL team in the last 20 years , a team from ..

Sydney

Your team

barely averaging any more then the team who has averaged the lowest crowd numbers in the last 10 years & if it wasn't for the ANZAC matches
wouldn't have averaged more ...
wow haha
id say thats an ... Attitude.. problem wouldn't you
bit claytonish from roosters fans

I can analyze the other 8 Sydney clubs too if you'd like
but I thought I'd start with your pathetic mob

You said that canberra fans have a better attitude than Sydney fans. You made the comparison, not me. So bringing up the canberra average is valid in the context of your claim.

I understand you are now embarrassed to learn canberra has the lowest average of all 16 clubs over 10 years but no need to have a sook about it.

You can keep prattling on about the roosters and ANZAC Day as long as you want. You arent the first person to want to remove the highest attended game from the roosters figures whilst not doing the same for other clubs and you won't be the last.

Either way, nothing is going to change how far off the mark you were with your comparison of Canberra V Sydney NRL fans even if you keep trying to make this about the roosters whom are just one of the nine fan bases you were criticising.

You said that canberra fans have a better attitude than Sydney fans. .

hahahaha

they obviously do
every sports fan on the planet does

WE have a reason for our low crowds & in recent years with some success they have improved dramatically, We won't be able to do anything about our horrendous winters tho until we move into an enclosed venue

I'll ask you again

what are the roosters excuses for barely being as popular as us despite their success & their average being inflated by other sydney teams ??

Sydney weather in Canberra our crowds increase 25%
Salary sombrero type success like the Roosters another 25% increase

theres no comparison

taipan

Referee
what an utterly ridiculous attitude
wouldn't matter where the raiders played , if it was 30 minutes away our fans would turn up

When they have played at Seiffert in recent times ,they didn't get the crowds they do at Bruce.And if they played at another team's home ground ,that was made for cricket.
Ask yourself how many memberships would you crack at Queanbeyan compared to Bruce.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Out of interest what would the avg Sydney v Sydney club game away fan attendance be? 10%? 20%? Are there some Sydney clubs that bring a bigger away following than other clubs? It’s not something you hear much mention of.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Out of interest what would the avg Sydney v Sydney club game away fan attendance be? 10%? 20%? Are there some Sydney clubs that bring a bigger away following than other clubs? It’s not something you hear much mention of.
Unless clubs or the NRL release that info, anything like this is a speculative discussion. Hence "not much mention of it"

When they have played at Seiffert in recent times ,they didn't get the crowds they do at Bruce.And if they played at another team's home ground ,that was made for cricket.
Ask yourself how many memberships would you crack at Queanbeyan compared to Bruce.

They don't play there , the point being for years , 1982 to 89 thousands , & I mean thousands travelled to Seiffert in those years , not a guess .. the line of traffic going back to canberra with white & blue plates was proof
And its the reverse nowdays , with thousands of fans travelling from Queanbeyan. It makes no difference to our fans. They could play in Goulburn & they'd turn up.

We'd still crack 20K members on our ear today if we were still playing in Queanbeyan. The Raiders are the new black in this town again ...our fans have always been there tho just waiting... screaming for some consistency & a team worth turning up to see.

How any teams fans could abandon their side because they had to make the difficult decision to relocate to another ground for just 2 bloody years , but just up the road , is beyond me.
Where would sharks fans have wanted them to play exactly ?

Its astounding

having watched ANZAC clashes in recent years , & with functioning eyes I'd say its always around 70/30 when the Dragons host to them & , even when they don't
60/40 to them.
They get the ANZAC clash a lot more as a fan

Perth Red

Post Whore
Unless clubs or the NRL release that info, anything like this is a speculative discussion. Hence "not much mention of it"

in the quest to make game day more fun to attend and fill stadiums I wonder if Sydney stadiums with capacity should have an away fans stand where full members of opposing team can get in for free or heavily discounted? Would add some colour and atmosphere to games. We don’t seem to be benefitting in crowd numbers from the so called tribalism and advantage of having two teams from the same city playing each other meaning crowds should be boosted by two sets of fans compared to one team in a city clubs.

Generalzod

Immortal
bit harsh, all of the sharks fans were there. That’s all they’ve got. (unless it’s a once in a fifty year grand final lol)
I was in favour of Perth team, but your constant attack on the Sharks have made me change my mind f**k the Perth Reds or pirates or whatever you’d want to call them...

Perth Red

Post Whore
I was in favour of Perth team, but your constant attack on the Sharks have made me change my mind f**k the Perth Reds or pirates or whatever you’d want to call them...

like anyone cares what you favour lol
I won’t be losing any sleep and as there isn’t going to be a perth team as long as Vlandys is in charge then your support or lack of means jack sht. You’d be better spending your energy getting your mates to go support the sharks and trying to get a decent Crowd lol

Generalzod

Immortal
like anyone cares what you favour lol
I won’t be losing any sleep and as there isn’t going to be a perth team as long as Vlandys is in charge then your support or lack of means jack sht. You’d be better spending your energy getting your mates to go support the sharks and trying to get a decent Crowd lol
you’ve cared so much to reply..f**k Perth

Perth Red

Post Whore
I wonder if when the new sfs is finished if a Friday night double header a few times a year would work there? Could have Souths, roosters or dragons as home team and schedule a blockbuster for the later game. Nrl could help with promotion and maybe subsidise games there so all ticketed memberships from the 4 clubs playing can get in for free. Might be a way of helping fill the place at least for six or so rounds a year.

They play 15 minutes away and its enough for you not to go. This says everything about why NRL does not get good crowds and why a Sydney team should be relocated and why Cronulla is in the mix for that. They might as well have spent the year in North Sydney or Adelaide.
Yep ridiculous kogarah is 10k from Shark Park.
I was devastated the game wasn’t up here on the Sunshine Coast