What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 V Newcastle

Slippery Morris

First Grade
For the 2 tries (Sharks and Knights) that were controversial, the on field ref and linesman did not call No Try. The Video ref over ruled them so the refs should not cop blame. The ref against Knights did not even look at all like he had an issue with the try. Same with the Sharks from memory. He looked quite comfortable to award the try to Bird.

They say the video ref has 60 or 80 seconds to make a decision after looking at replays. Both were past that time, which shows how much emphasis was placed to "Over rule" the ref. And to overrule the ref you need to be 100%. Plus again, no time added back to the clock. Lomax literally had the ball on the tee before it was over ruled.

I did not watch the Parra game just the last 10 mins. Pretty sure Gutho was in front of Fergo when he kicked the ball. That was more closer to a no try than the Dragons one that is for sure, yet was not over ruled.

The Video refs bring controversy on themselves and the refs by looking so biased against certain teams. The amount of replays we see for some tries and others is a clear indicator. Hardly many replays for the Parra try compared to the 2 Saints ones is clear evidence of that.

Also on the footy show on Fox after the Matty Johns show, I heard Anasta and I think Ennis say that the Saints are playing so much better this year than last year or so having subtle digs at the poor coaching last season. It is so blatantly obvious.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I actually feel sorry for Tyson Frizell. He left the Dragons because he wanted to be at a club with a better coaching regime that would give him a shot at winning a premiership. From what I have seen, his current coach does not handle pressure well and I believe the Dragon's game tactics have generally been superior to those adopted by Newcastle.

I don’t...f**k him

Dragon David

First Grade
It's getting to the stage now that whenever I watch the Dragons play that if they score a try, I'm thinking will every decision be overturned if the ref awards a try. You know, we score and then even though it looks so straight forward, the bunker has his beady eyes trying to find anything that he can to say no try.

Some clubs get more of the rub of the green compared to others. Favouritism in some cases is plain and simply obvious.

Crush

Coach
Sharks forum not happy we have won a few games.
“April premiers”
“How bad were Knights”
“Pretenders”
“False dawn for drags”
“Shit game, both knights and drags terrible”

I love it.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
To be fair I think we all wrote dragons off before the season had kicked off. Well not all of us actually, there were plenty on here who stood firm and said we’d be competitive but many, including me, thought we would definitely struggle and be bottom 4.
I don’t blame the critics for putting us in their bottom 4 before the season started but if they still have us as a bottom 4 team then they are off the mark. We are a different team this year. A huge attitude change.
Hi Mate,

Just bumping this as you claimed 20 mins ago in the Sack Griffin thread you had expectations we would be top 8 this year.

Seems like this post would contradict that statement.

I'm as disappointed as the next fan that we haven't shown the same form since we strung together those 4 great wins, but making misleading statements doesn't give you much credibility I'm sorry.

Crush

Coach
Hi Mate,

Just bumping this as you claimed 20 mins ago in the Sack Griffin thread you had expectations we would be top 8 this year.

Seems like this post would contradict that statement.

I'm as disappointed as the next fan that we haven't shown the same form since we strung together those 4 great wins, but making misleading statements doesn't give you much credibility I'm sorry.
Haha, slow day mate? Sifting through my posts from months ago doesn’t do your credibility much good, it kinda scares me a bit actually, thank goodness for anonymity in these forums.
I’ll rephrase my statement regarding expectations for you.
I believe that this year top 8 is a pass mark for Griffin, especially given our fast start.
Missing the 8 a failure.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Haha, slow day mate? Sifting through my posts from months ago doesn’t do your credibility much good, it kinda scares me a bit actually, thank goodness for anonymity in these forums.
I’ll rephrase my statement regarding expectations for you.
I believe that this year top 8 is a pass mark for Griffin, especially given our fast start.
Missing the 8 a failure.
No worries mate, I was just interested to challenge you on this.

So to summarise, before a ball was kicked you thought we would be bottom 4 as stated in this post from round 4?

After winning 4 in a row your expectations grew to then finals being a pass for Hook this year?

Again I'll challenge you on these newly held expectations of yours to say that increasing them prematurely after 4 wins is on you and not Hook.

Next season maybe wait until half way through or so before going the early crow.

Crush

Coach
No worries mate, I was just interested to challenge you on this.

So to summarise, before a ball was kicked you thought we would be bottom 4 as stated in this post from round 4?

After winning 4 in a row your expectations grew to then finals being a pass for Hook this year?

Again I'll challenge you on these newly held expectations of yours to say that increasing them prematurely after 4 wins is on you and not Hook.

Next season maybe wait until half way through or so before going the early crow.
Correct. Before a ball was kicked I thought bottom 4, pretty sure if you go digging you’ll find me stating a wooden spoon on the cards.
I was pleasantly surprised with the strong start and expectations went through the roof!
I thought, shit we have a team!
Surely we play finals. Since then though unfortunately it’s been a free fall hasn’t it?
And yes now, I would call this season a failure.
I wouldn’t sack Hook though for finishing 9th - 12th, I’d give him next year to try and get us into the 8, if he doesn’t though I’d say goodbye. We didn’t hire Hook to get us finishing outside the eight did we?
Or is it going to take 5 years to build a team to make the eight? 🙄

Illusion

Bench
Correct. Before a ball was kicked I thought bottom 4, pretty sure if you go digging you’ll find me stating a wooden spoon on the cards.
I was pleasantly surprised with the strong start and expectations went through the roof!
I thought, shit we have a team!
Surely we play finals. Since then though unfortunately it’s been a free fall hasn’t it?
And yes now, I would call this season a failure.
I wouldn’t sack Hook though for finishing 9th - 12th, I’d give him next year to try and get us into the 8, if he doesn’t though I’d say goodbye. We didn’t hire Hook to get us finishing outside the eight did we?
Or is it going to take 5 years to build a team to make the eight? 🙄
This .....