What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Fifita

redv13

Bench
There are only 2 things wrong with Blocker. 24 years of age and sixty games experience. I have said here on numerous occasions. Front rowers take an age to develop. He is a kid who is learning. Couple more seasons he will be SOO.
Never doubted the kid. He’s one tough hombre. Let’s hope others in here can now see this too and what he adds to our team every single week

BIG RIG

Juniors
I’m just curious if anyone has heard anything extra about this rumour on Fifita

last time I heard was it was close to happening

but are the Sharks after someone in return or is it all just financial based

The calm one

Juniors

Owen has informed me that no one is coming here until the Jack court case is over. Owen had a great Easter, owls can't eat eggs so we shared a :tomato: plant.

Maddragon99

Juniors

Any possible Fifita deal is dead now that McGuire has come into play. Suits me I never liked it, he’s busted & definitely on the downside.

NRLMad

Juniors
There are only 2 things wrong with Blocker. 24 years of age and sixty games experience. I have said here on numerous occasions. Front rowers take an age to develop. He is a kid who is learning. Couple more seasons he will be SOO.
Is he the same age as Fonua-Blake? I like the bloke but he’s just not hard enough.

Payne Haas says hi. As does David Klemmer. Plenty of good props over the years in there early 20’s.
Lawrie has suffered from poor coaching the past few years so yes let’s see if he can keep kicking ass like the past few games. actually think he plays better when he is p!shed off with an opposition player.

Maddragon99

Juniors

We’ve had no input into any rehab Fifita has had, it’s a huge risk to take him on. Hook had a pre-existing relationship with McCullough, I imagine Hook would have called Andrew & said are you right or not? Now McCullough is our captain & playing at origin level. Sure we took on Jack Bird but he had a full preseason with us to get him right. Let’s have a crack at McGuire & he can play a role bashing people.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Payne Haas says hi. As does David Klemmer. Plenty of good props over the years in there early 20’s.
Lawrie has suffered from poor coaching the past few years so yes let’s see if he can keep kicking ass like the past few games. actually think he plays better when he is p!shed off with an opposition player.
One thing Lawrie has is courage, he’s never been afraid of taking a hit up knowing he’s being targeted. But let’s be honest he’s playing for his starting spot Francis Molo is coming next year & possibly Josh McGuire. Would like to think we’ll sign a second rower which puts Kerr back into the rotation. He’ll need to lift to keep his spot.

getsmarty

Immortal
Any possible Fifita deal is dead now that McGuire has come into play. Suits me I never liked it, he’s busted & definitely on the downside.

...McGuire no certainty due to money...same with other deal...lets just see what eventuates over the next week....I trust griffin and co...

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
One thing Lawrie has is courage, he’s never been afraid of taking a hit up knowing he’s being targeted. But let’s be honest he’s playing for his starting spot Francis Molo is coming next year & possibly Josh McGuire. Would like to think we’ll sign a second rower which puts Kerr back into the rotation. He’ll need to lift to keep his spot.

Kerr will be a work-in-progress for 2021, he won't go back into the prop rotation anytime soon. The coaching staff see him as a dangerous edge runner in the Kikau mold. He's got a lot to learn about the position but he is improving week by week.

With Blacker seemingly gone to the Panthers, the possibility of Merrin retiring (although he's starting to hit some form), Faama still in development as a prop but at 25 he's supposed to be near his peak, but not there yet, Ellis well he was signed on a 1yr extension and playing KOE Cup, has to be doubts over any further use after this year.

Basically:
Outs: Blacker, Merrin and Ellis
Ins: Molo, Maguire and Fifita (although Fifita may only be for this year)

Props for next year: Alvaro, Lawrie, Maguire, Vaughan, Faama, Molo, JDB* and Fifita (possibly)
Locks: Fui (if his form maintains) and possibly Maguire can be used at lock.

A lot riding on the DeBelin case.

Competition for starting and bench will become very intense.

Crush

Coach
Forgive me if this has been said already but I wonder if Bird has had anything to do with luring Fafita to SGI?
They must have a special bond from 2016. They both played a huge part in winning that comp.

Old Timer

Coach
Forgive me if this has been said already but I wonder if Bird has had anything to do with luring Fafita to SGI?
They must have a special bond from 2016. They both played a huge part in winning that comp.
No doubt playing reggies would be more than enough motivation for AF to look for the exit door asap and as you say potentially Bird could be the attractant to get him over to us.

Fair to say that probably not a lot of other options for the big fella but if he is coming I would rather he do so willingly rather than begrudgingly.

If what you say is correct then just maybe Hook was able to look this far ahead when he signed Bird.

All hail Hook.

NRLMad

Juniors
Agree astute signings, McCullough has also made a massive difference and really is differentiating himself from McInnes. Kicking from dummy half is a good change up that we missed over the last few years and Norman and hunt are firing because of it