What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R5 Fri - Penrith 30-10 Canberra @ BlueBet

Round 5: Penrith v Canberra

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SDM

First Grade
If the Panthers leave Crichton out of position, and someone explains to Sticky (possibly by drawing a diagram with a crayon) how to exploit this, then the Raiders can get the jump on them early, but will probably still lose.

Exsilium

First Grade
On paper you have two very good sides who should be hard to split but confidence does a lot for a rugby league team and Penrith have plenty of it.

Raiders to push them but still lose.

Game of the round.

SDM

First Grade
On paper you have two very good sides who should be hard to split but confidence does a lot for a rugby league team and Penrith have plenty of it.

Raiders to push them but still lose.

Game of the round.

lol, that is like saying best looking turd at the dog park

pantherz9103

First Grade
Good to have a tough test and a match that if we are not right on our game we could lose. Panthers by 6.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Great that Tarps is back but its stupid carrying both Starling and Havili. Starling played 5 minutes last week and Hodgo didn't even leave the field. Even when he plays more minutes Hodgo usually goes to lock which I'm not a fan of. We can't play against top opposition with a what is basically a 3 man bench. Havili has more value at this stage so hopefully CHN comes in for Starling.

Guler should have been in the extended squad as well. He should be further up the prop pecking order than Lui.

BadnMean

Juniors
Great that Tarps is back but its stupid carrying both Starling and Havili. Starling played 5 minutes last week and Hodgo didn't even leave the field. Even when he plays more minutes Hodgo usually goes to lock which I'm not a fan of. We can't play against top opposition with a what is basically a 3 man bench. Havili has more value at this stage so hopefully CHN comes in for Starling.

Guler should have been in the extended squad as well. He should be further up the prop pecking order than Lui.

Bench does look a bit small & unbalanced with Havilii + Starling.

On the other hand a bench of James, Soliola, Harawera-Naera + Starling/Havilii looks very hard to contain- experience, size & punch + just as much versatility & mobility.

CHN was scoring tries (2), setting up tries, broke 11 tackles & made 3 offloads in NSW cup last week. If we want some impact off the bench, he's jumping up & down with his hand up for a team looking for something extra in attack...

shear_joy9

Coach

Ricky's use of starling last week was ridiculous; it’s like he forgot he was there. Hodgson was brutal as usual in the attacking half and the game was screaming out for the spark from hooker that starling provides.

The_Frog

First Grade
CHN was scoring tries (2), setting up tries, broke 11 tackles & made 3 offloads in NSW cup last week. If we want some impact off the bench, he's jumping up & down with his hand up for a team looking for something extra in attack...
Maybe he's been down on form, I don't know, but its a good side that can leave out CHN at anywhere near his best.

Edit: I just saw that he'd been suspended for DUI.

BadnMean

Juniors
Ricky being off the sideline and coaching from atop Mount Boyce will make it hard to get the interchange right this week

Ricky just won't use the bench. Then he'll hold an angry press conference where he tells the media they all know why he didn't use the bench but he can't say it himself.

roofromoz

First Grade
Maybe he's been down on form, I don't know, but its a good side that can leave out CHN at anywhere near his best.

Edit: I just saw that he'd been suspended for DUI.

Back in the 21, the 2 week suspension has ended. Good enough definitely to be in their 17.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Back in the 21, the 2 week suspension has ended. Good enough definitely to be in their 17.

He is and he should be in the side but I think sticky wants to make him earn it. Also his defence is a bit suspect so maybe Stick just wants to get some miles into his legs.

I would personally have one of Guler or Hors in for Sia and CHN in for Havili

martielang

Bench
He is and he should be in the side but I think sticky wants to make him earn it. Also his defence is a bit suspect so maybe Stick just wants to get some miles into his legs.

I would personally have one of Guler or Hors in for Sia and CHN in for Havili

Gees you've got a stacked forward pack if you've got Guler, Hors & CHN in NSW Cup.

Latest posts