What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 other games...

coolumsharkie

Referee
Shouldn’t rate the knights win by the drags at all. The knights let in 16 against the dogs round 1. Let that be a gauge for how shit they are.

They are going to struggle with no halves for the next month or so. Ponga might be forced back into 5/8.

Tiger Shark

Bench
The Knights were probably put off when they went into their shed before kick off and were handed West Tigers jerseys.

Yeah have to agree with Shadow here. That commentary team piling praise on the quality of the game was pure BS.

The knights 70 plus minutes of one out, one out and one out made the fat stains forwards job of defending a lot easier.

There was a kick from Brailey and Gould is like excellent kick, amazing!

It then rolls dead and 7 tackle set for the Dragons.

“uh well the kick was on , just poor execution “

Fugg me.

Craigshark

First Grade
Don’t really rate either of these teams. Parramatta are just flat track bullies. They won’t stand a chance against Penrith, Melbourne or Souths on their day.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Parramatta are easily the most fraudulent team in the comp. Flat track bully mercenaries.
And still rated possible premiers after 2 performances - ludicrous. To top that off ever year another false dawn and the agro out west escalates. Worse thing to happen to parra was our GF win in 2016 - now they have the longest stretch without a gf win. Must be tough

Frenzy.

Immortal
Surely not? Why does it have to be HIA's? It's to minimise further injuries due to players having to do excess minutes I thought.

No cools. Was always only going to be about HIAs

Or so we thought

The rule now lets you use the 18th man if you lose a player to foul play but ONLY if the foul play leads to a sin bin or send off!! That's a bit Mickey Mouse as no one gets sent off and very few get binned. What happens if you lose a player and the refs and bunker don't see the offence as a SO of SB?

This is also where the rorting will come in I'm sure

Also, 18th doesn't have to be an emerging player now. Has to be one of the top 30

Quigs

Immortal
How good is this going to be. Old Creepin'Jesus Bennett has already announced that this season is his last at Souffs and he intends to reside in Brissie.

He has now thrown a few of cards down on the table for the attention of those that might be interested in his services.

1. He still thinks he has a lot to offer coaching wise and he still enjoys doing it.

2. He stated he is not interested in going back to the Donkeys.

3. He would be very keen to take the helm of the new Qld 17th club in the NRL in 2022.

- - - - - - -

That alone must be sending shivers through the basket case Donkeys club.

I for one are looking forward to all this as it unfolds. Don't know might even have a new 2nd best team. I've already thought of a name for the new franchise. It should be Karma Brisbane.

coolumsharkie

Referee
How good is this going to be. Old Creepin'Jesus Bennett has already announced that this season is his last at Souffs and he intends to reside in Brissie.

He has now thrown a few of cards down on the table for the attention of those that might be interested in his services.

1. He still thinks he has a lot to offer coaching wise and he still enjoys doing it.

3. He would be very keen to take the helm of the new Qld 17th club in the NRL in 2022.

- - - - - - -

I for one are looking forward to all this as it unfolds. Don't know might even have a new 2nd best team. I've already thought of a name for the new franchise. It should be Karma Brisbane.

Would you support a Central Qld team Quigs? I would get on board a Sunny Coast team as a 2nd team. I think they need to mark territory not just have another Brisbane 2 side. Won't work.

Stake Removed

First Grade

- - - - - - -

You and me it's going to be like animals eating there young

Stake Removed

First Grade
Would you support a Central Qld team Quigs? I would get on board a Sunny Coast team as a 2nd team. I think they need to mark territory not just have another Brisbane 2 side. Won't work.
A sunny coast team would be interesting, do you think it could work though, I know it's different to Gold Coast, it would be first of the major codes to try it.
The 2nd Brisbane team it depends who it is let's say it's Redcliffe are they are only going to get there fans and let's say northside of river, would someone who is a wynnum fan support them.
I know they have done there ground up to play low drawing teams, and would play teams like Broncs at suncorp

coolumsharkie

Referee
A sunny coast team would be interesting, do you think it could work though, I know it's different to Gold Coast, it would be first of the major codes to try it.
The 2nd Brisbane team it depends who it is let's say it's Redcliffe are they are only going to get there fans and let's say northside of river, would someone who is a wynnum fan support them.
I know they have done there ground up to play low drawing teams, and would play teams like Broncs at suncorp

No I don't think we're ready population wise even though we're one the fastest growing places in Australia. Most are from Vicco anyway. I'm just being hypothetical. Agree with you, Redcliff would be a mistake, you need to assign the teams into a larger specific territory Outer Brisbane or Nth Brisbane Sunshine Coast, something like that. Our Sport is territorial, people need it to identify and be proud of their area so to speak.

Quigs

Immortal
IN REPLY TO YOUR QUESTION COOLS.
Would you support a Central Qld team Quigs?

Cools it is a complete joke that CQ (Rockhampton) even think they are worthy of having an NRL side.

The joint has been run by incompetent fools for the 3 decades I have been here. The whole idea is farcical. The Rocky mob can't even run a local A grade comp.

Quite a few years back "the people" aka "the sheep" allegedly all got behind the push led by the local rag and a big name local builder and took over the Brothers Club to make it the HQ for the push. They had pie in the sky dreams that it would be a reality that they would be admitted.

Well the builder went down the gurgler big time, and took a heap of subbies with him. The CQ club went broke and fhark all was achieved. The club doors were shut for years. (A bit like Souths Leagues Club) The club only reopened a couple of years ago with a new name The Rocky Sports Club ( I think that that is the name now)

Mate I have been saying it for years. I have more chance of being appointed Captain Coach of the CQ NRL team and playing halfback as they have of ever getting admitted to the Big Time.

FYI a certain bloke whose surname is Munster is from here and started in the RockyComp progressing at a young age into the CQCapras side. He was too good for them and could not get out of here quick enough. I think they got him to Bris Norths and then through to the Storm

The Question: Would you support a Central Qld team Quigs? ....Ans: No fharkan way in the world.

Latest posts