What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Parramatta @ Stadium Australia

Who will win? Round 4: Wests Tigers v Parramatta

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WA Tiger

Bench
Nofo tried hard, has gone back to running cross field a bit. Could see he was very frustrated with the way they played today
Nofo has never stopped running across field..Although I don’t remember him doing it today ..prob coz of my lack of sleep

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I don’t know where you get this thing about Walter’s. He’s 28 years old and could not get a run anywhere else. .
I suppose we all have our favourites ..although being biased I think I go by what I see ...I gotta say my prediction success rate is better than average but maybe I’m wrong with Walters ...if things don’t change we may find out week 7,8 and 9..pref at 6 please Madge
No doubt it’ll take an injury even if we lose the next 2-3

Last edited:

Vozzy

Juniors
We lost that game in the first 20min with 3 good chance to score and poor 5th tackle options. Then we couldn't defend any 6 agains the team in defence just relaxes intensity when it matters. In saying that the team did fight hard to get back in the match. That game would have turned into 40-10 in the past that is before they scored the last 2 tries at the end. We just need to do what they were doing well and play like that next week not lower standards. At 24-10 I was so worried about it being 50. They made parra have to score to kill the game at least.

cerberus

Coach
Although I don’t believe they deserved the 6 again call x2... we just don’t ever seem to be able to defend our line. Does my head in every single week going right back to 2011and now my head hurts a little.

in the morden "what else can we do for parra world" its the easiest thing in the world to
weaken defenses with repeat sets . parra don't get to 16 nil without this amoral corruption of the game .

Das Hassler

Bench
in the morden "what else can we do for parra world" its the easiest thing in the world to
weaken defenses with repeat sets . parra don't get to 16 nil without this amoral corruption of the game .

This 6 again and the core reason for it and every other mutilation of the rules to speed the game up has just about done it for me. ..it's becoming more of a ridiculous joke than i ever thought this game could possibly become.

gordsy

Juniors
Go back and watch some of our games from 2005 and now. Look at the quality of the games, I don't mean how much better we were I mean how much better the game was, same with games from the 80s. 90s and early 2000s. This game is the 20/20 version of footy, ruined by arseholes and stupid merkins.

gordsy

Juniors
The face that we had and thought we needed Mybe on the field in the first half says it all really.

Last edited:
Our line speed in defence on our own line is embarrassing ,the tries that were let in were too soft for first grade and unfortunately our attack is too disjointed and clunky to cover that deficiency atm to expect a win.

As for the rub of the green with the refs,Moses rolling himself into touch and being awarded a penalty kind of sums up where we are at with the match officials.

simmo05

Bench
Go back and watch some of our games from 2005 and now. Look at the quality of the games, I don't mean how much better we were I mean how much better the game was, same with games from the 80s. 90s and early 2000s. This game is the 20/20 version of footy, ruined by arseholes and stupid merkins.
The game is shit now. You can blame the cheating purple scum, and the spineless dogs who run the NRL for not stopping the wrestling

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Our line speed in defence on our own line is embarrassing ,the tries that were let in were too soft for first grade and unfortunately our attack is too disjointed and clunky to cover that deficiency atm to expect a win.

As for the rub of the green with the refs,Moses rolling himself into touch and being awarded a penalty kind of sums up where we are at with the match officials.

I agree

5 times in our opp 20
5 tries conceded

Blame your Luke Brooks, Luke Garners or whatever but until we fix our goal line defense we aren’t going anywhere

Tiger05

First Grade
We copped heaps of calls against us. It was BS. Fergo's try summed up our goal line defense though. Kepaoa hit him hard and still couldn't stop him.

I'm not sure what the problem was.

Blaming Brooks or Garner is just showing that people are opinions that facts won't change. Brooks was great. Garner defensively was very very good.

ash411

Bench
Tigers weren’t in the game but Gutherson last try he was offside a metre. Rubbish, They may as well get rid of the bunker some
Of the shit decisions they’ve made

Was he?

oBaIwUF.png

Tiger Ted

Bench
We copped heaps of calls against us. It was BS. Fergo's try summed up our goal line defense though. Kepaoa hit him hard and still couldn't stop him.

Blaming Brooks or Garner is just showing that people are opinions that facts won't change. Brooks was great. Garner defensively was very very good.
Brooks was far from great although he certainly wasn’t why we lost.Our timidity in our red zone is abhorrent & totally unacceptable.We have zero resilience & unless a miracle occurs & suddenly we develop the toughness & awareness re defending on our line to cease giving opponents easy points & a huge leg up then we r well & truly fkd.
I was optimistic b4 the start of comp but after 4 abysmal efforts I’m now convinced nothing has changed & if anything we will continue to regress.I’ve hardly missed a LO game in 40 yrs & I deadset currently couldn’t give a rats anymore.

WA Tiger

Bench

Fair enough. Your right it wasnt just Brooks. The whole defense was so brittle.
All it took was a bit of a sidestep and Kepa missed Fergo. Maybe Kepa closed his eyes or he was beat in his mind before the tackle? And there was one other WT that shot across and completely missed him I dont know who. But yea that was bad

Pezz70

Juniors
Yep take it back to where he hit the ball. He practically gave himself up at the time. Not that it mattered a great deal, but when your scraping the bottom of the barrel it seems the 50/50’s go against you.

ash411

Bench
Yep take it back to where he hit the ball. He practically gave himself up at the time. Not that it mattered a great deal, but when your scraping the bottom of the barrel it seems the 50/50’s go against you.
Are you trying to say that Gutherson slowed down after Ferguson kicked the ball, then sped up again after the ball started moving? or can he teleport back and forth?

Edit to clarify: if Gutherson is behind Ferguson AFTER he has kicked the ball, why (or more importantly, how) would he be in front of him BEFORE he kicks it, making him offside?

Pezz70

Juniors
Are you trying to say that Gutherson slowed down after Ferguson kicked the ball, then sped up again after the ball started moving? or can he teleport back and forth?

Edit to clarify: if Gutherson is behind Ferguson AFTER he has kicked the ball, why (or more importantly, how) would he be in front of him BEFORE he kicks it, making him offside?
From what I remember of it and I haven’t watched since yesterday he did check his run, of no concern now the passion has abated and the score is on the board.

Latest posts