What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 season

betcats

Referee
We keep talking about the game being sped up but the reality is the new rules are designed to keep the ball in play longer, winding back the rules literally just means there would be more dead ball situations where the players stand around doing nothing or dawdle to scrums. Who really wants to see more of that?

I can remember years we had a lot of injuries and the argument from the media and experts was "well the game is so stop start now and no one is ever tired so they are belting each other at 100 percent for 80 minutes and the bodies cant handle it" and now its being spun around to "oh they are too tired and it is causing injuries" lol fmd. No matter what the rules are anytime there is a rush of injuries the media look to blame something cause it sells a lot more than common sense does. V'landy

franklin2323

Immortal
We keep talking about the game being sped up but the reality is the new rules are designed to keep the ball in play longer, winding back the rules literally just means there would be more dead ball situations where the players stand around doing nothing or dawdle to scrums. Who really wants to see more of that?

I can remember years we had a lot of injuries and the argument from the media and experts was "well the game is so stop start now and no one is ever tired so they are belting each other at 100 percent for 80 minutes and the bodies cant handle it" and now its being spun around to "oh they are too tired and it is causing injuries" lol fmd. No matter what the rules are anytime there is a rush of injuries the media look to blame something cause it sells a lot more than common sense does. V'landy

I had this same argument with someone on the weekend.

Take to no scrum when the ball goes out. you still have to wait until everyone is onside before you can start so we are talking around 30 secs instead of a minute

martielang

Bench
To clarify, no issue with the changes brought in last season, I agree it makes it a better spectacle. But this years changes were completely unnecessarily especially coming off 2020 when there was no NSW Cup which has eroded depth at some clubs. Should've kept it the same for this year & (potentially) explore further changes in a year or two.

Summing up. I am right, you are all wrong.

Alintheeast

Juniors
If you look at Brisbane the coach is the problem, firstly coaches need respect and when you are calling your coach Kevie you have a problem. No one calls Wayne Bennett Wazza or Benno I’ve never heard Trent Robinson, called Trannie or Robbo. I’d be frightened to call Craig Bellamy anything other than Mr Bellamy. Walters’s peers and former teammates can call him Kevie but not players.

betcats

Referee
If you look at Brisbane the coach is the problem, firstly coaches need respect and when you are calling your coach Kevie you have a problem. No one calls Wayne Bennett Wazza or Benno I’ve never heard Trent Robinson, called Trannie or Robbo. I’d be frightened to call Craig Bellamy anything other than Mr Bellamy. Walters’s peers and former teammates can call him Kevie but not players.

Robinson definitely gets called Robbo by his players, he gets called Robbo by everyone.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/ed72caf1fd459d01f027e525865146a3

There are quotes in that link of the 18yo debutant Walker calling him Robbo:

“Robbo is such a terrific coach who has guided me and mentored me through that,” Walker said.

WestyLife

First Grade

Roosters and Storm players say "Robbo" and "Bellyache"

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors

Yeah, nah, not sure this is it .....

ACTPanthers

Bench
Trannie..? In all my years, and the many Trent's I've known, I have NEVER heard anyone refer to a Trent as Trannie...

The_Frog

First Grade
Yep they should be top 8 every year.
Before last year's spoon, the Broncos had missed the finals twice since 1991. 2010, by one win and 2013 by 1.5 wins. The current mediocrity is a very recent phenomenon, which is why the likes of NRL360 are always on about it. They don't like it when things change.

MugaB

Coach
To clarify, no issue with the changes brought in last season, I agree it makes it a better spectacle. But this years changes were completely unnecessarily especially coming off 2020 when there was no NSW Cup which has eroded depth at some clubs. Should've kept it the same for this year & (potentially) explore further changes in a year or two.

Summing up. I am right, you are all wrong.
KATOA WINNNSSSS

Jane Murray

Bench
I don,t mind the changes including '6 again' but I would like to know what they are for, ie ringing a bell or sounding a buzzer tells me nothing.
Did you watch Channel 9? Ben Hunt was complaining majorly about the new rules. He blamed them for the spike in injuries.

panther.mike

Juniors
I don,t agree with Ben Hunt [although he would know better than I ] I think cut down boots cause or allow ankle injuries and wrong length and type of studs cause knee injuries. Shoulders into the chest cause sternum injuries, they are blatant shoulder charges.

panther.mike

Juniors
while I am having a rant, what about these 6 again? a 6 again given on the first or second tackle is not the same as 6 again on the last. So it really is just starting the tackle count again NOT 6 more.

WestyLife

First Grade
Funniest part about all the rule talk is people now argue we wouldn't be good without the new rules and the rebuild would've failed if they were put in sooner. NRL fans are weird.

Latest posts