What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Fifita

SnowDragon

Juniors
Still not 100%sold on loosing Blacker. Yes, he needs to develop, but has huge potential.
Just need to get use to trusting the coaching staff again :joy:

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
im having trouble doing the Math

Are we doing a few players swaps or releasing more players?
Blacker and another or two?

Fafita, Burns and McGuire...........all in?
JDB back in if not guilty?

Out Saab, Blacker?

or has JDB and McInnes and Hunt no game payments now free'd up a fair bit of sal cap?

maybe $450k to $600k plus between them for 2021 ?

Como Connection

First Grade

Out Saab, Blacker?

or has JDB and McInnes and Hunt no game payments now free'd up a fair bit of sal cap?

Fizzell, EA and Graham out also.
CC

BIG RIG

Juniors
Well we got money from Tyson Frizell James Graham and Euan Aitken leaving along with Eddie Blacker and Billy Brittain retiring

Billy Burns would only be on about 150K I would say

Andrew Fifita and Josh McGuire will
Both have 6 months of their pay already payed by Cows and Sharks

Fifita to us on around 350 for this yr

McGuire to us on around 400 this yr

And I’m assuming they have saved about money for JDB already considering they have a verbal agreement

Next yr we have McInnes money and half of Norman’s money considering he is rumoured to be taking a 400 000 dollar pay cut on a 1 yr deal

I reckon it all works out

getsmarty

Immortal
Well we got money from Tyson Frizell James Graham and Euan Aitken leaving along with Eddie Blacker and Billy Brittain retiring

And I’m assuming they have saved about money for JDB already considering they have a verbal agreement

Next yr we have McInnes money and half of Norman’s money considering he is rumoured to be taking a 400 000 dollar pay cut on a 1 yr deal

possm

Coach

Out Saab, Blacker?

2021 Squad
In; Bird, McCullough, Fifita, Alvaro, Faamausili, Elis, Burns
Out; Aitken, Lafai, K Sims, Host, Blacker, Saab, Frizell, Graham

Griffin is recruiting well!

possm

Coach

I don't want Norman to stay at any price, he will be a blocker for Sullivan and maybe Dufty. He is still not playing at his best, just does what he has to do to get another contract. Hopefully that will not be with us. He has already cost the club about 2.5m and we have very little to show for it.

possm

Coach
I'll believe these mentioned signings when they actually run on the field for us.....tbh most of it will be managers rumours
I'm really hoping we will have Fifita, McGuire and Burns available for selection for the ANZAC Day game against the Roosters.

If we can win against the Eels and back that up against the Roosters, we are on our way to a top 4 spot. The bookies will want to pay out prior to the end of the season proper; just like they did in 2011.

Shaun_Timmins

Juniors
I'll believe these mentioned signings when they actually run on the field for us.....tbh most of it will be managers rumours

Couldn't agree more. Especially considering there was an article the other week where Hook said he hadn't spoken with Fifita.

With the talk around McGuire, why would we get Fifita as well? Wouldn't there really only be need for one more prop?

Even though I don't like either of them, McGuire is definitely the more sensible option.

We need edge back rowers and maybe one more prop/lock. Not two more...

Which is why the Burns swap was a good idea (for now...)

Slippery Morris

First Grade
McGuire is on 800k for this and next season. Saints are waiting to see what price they can land him. They don't want him for that much from what I hear. If McGuire keeps acting like he is, Saints may get him cheap so the Cows can get him off their books asap for both years not just the one. They can smell a bargain hence the delay.

6 Months ago we thought our roster was not that strong especially in the forwards. Now they can potentially have McGuire, Fifita and JDB within a month or so. Wow what a turnaround.

The boys are really playing well at the moment, I hope if these guys come in, it does not ruin what looks to be a really good close group of guys playing for each other. The morale looks amazing and how much do the boys look like they are loving their footy.

blacksafake

First Grade
McGuire is on 800k for this and next season. Saints are waiting to see what price they can land him. They don't want him for that much from what I hear. If McGuire keeps acting like he is, Saints may get him cheap so the Cows can get him off their books asap for both years not just the one. They can smell a bargain hence the delay.

6 Months ago we thought our roster was not that strong especially in the forwards. Now they can potentially have McGuire, Fifita and JDB within a month or so. Wow what a turnaround.

The boys are really playing well at the moment, I hope if these guys come in, it does not ruin what looks to be a really good close group of guys playing for each other. The morale looks amazing and how much do the boys look like they are loving their footy.
Having Hook in charge & coming into a side playing well should rub off onto them allowing them to buy into the culture.
Fifita is definitely on the nose at the gummies but has apparently been putting in on the field & at training.
McGuire will be busting to play in a winning side.
That’s just my two bobs worth.

possm

Coach

Griffin is in charge and made this happen. I am sure he knows what he is doing and also sure he would not do anything to ruin the progress he has made.

The Dragons will have the confidence to play well if our forwards are on top or at least matching it with the best so, Griffin is trying to make it so and I believe he will succeed.