What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Defence of Queenslanders Only

Vee

First Grade
I don't watch it and haven't seen more than occasional bits of the show but I do enjoy the vitriol aimed at it by sad NSWhingers who can't take a joke.

I enjoy the ads immensely but it's obvious they're extracting the urine, even to the point of taking ownership of one of NSW' greatest beefs, "That's in Queensland". I can just imagine the steam coming from the ears of outraged cockroaches as they launch into keyboard warrior mode to storm the wall.

After decades of putting up with Sydney-centric media coverage smiling through gritted teeth as they acknowledge Qld's superiority at Origin level, I think it's great. I couldn't be bothered taking it seriously but have to laugh at those who do.

It reminds me of an old joke my Dutch uncle told whilst sitting on the verandah on those hot summer nights :

Queenslanders neuken hun eigen zussen.

Geez we would laugh. Not because it was funny, but because it was true.

mozza91

Coach
Just a bunch of slack jawed cousin f**kers spouting the most banal and pointless shit imaginable. I'd rather listen to Paul Kent talk himself up and Rugby League down than watch that shit.

Actually no I wouldn't. f**k Fox League.

Life's Good

Coach
I don't watch it and haven't seen more than occasional bits of the show but I do enjoy the vitriol aimed at it by sad NSWhingers who can't take a joke.

I enjoy the ads immensely but it's obvious they're extracting the urine, even to the point of taking ownership of one of NSW' greatest beefs, "That's in Queensland". I can just imagine the steam coming from the ears of outraged cockroaches as they launch into keyboard warrior mode to storm the wall.

After decades of putting up with Sydney-centric media coverage smiling through gritted teeth as they acknowledge Qld's superiority at Origin level, I think it's great. I couldn't be bothered taking it seriously but have to laugh at those who do.
Is that you Crash??

RazorRam0n

Juniors
I'm a die hard blue and I love it.. Haven't missed an episode. Hodges is the only one who I think is completely One eyed. Billy more and Walters are alot like sterlo they are intelligent enough to be humble

The only issue I have with the show is meninga in his capacity as test coach talking up qld for origin... Massive conflict

no name

Coach
I'm a die hard blue and I love it.. Haven't missed an episode. Hodges is the only one who I think is completely One eyed. Billy more and Walters are alot like sterlo they are intelligent enough to be humble

The only issue I have with the show is meninga in his capacity as test coach talking up qld for origin... Massive conflict
I stopped reading at Billy Moore being intelligent.....

As for the show itself, I know it's aimed at getting more Qld Foxtel customers, but I don't think you need a show pulling each other off hosted by someone with minimal RL knowledge to manufacture a rivalry that already exists.
I don't think you'll find many NSW people with 'steam coming out there ears' over this show.
Most people are able to see through the faux outrage they are trying to create.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Maybe some on here can now understand the feeling most qlders have had over the past 40 odd yrs listening to rugby league commentary. If you don't like listening to it, don't listen to it. Simples.

Hawkins

Juniors
I watched a little a few weeks back.

Do you think they know the set makes them look like Hill Billies.

I mean sure Queensland pride and all that crap but the show is clearly produced by someone who thinks they are all hicks.

There was too much Cowboys and Titans talk on the show. The ratings were shown to dip when the Broncos talk was over and they couldn't have a show about just the Broncos because we already have a show and it's called Friday Night Football.

Reactions: gUt

Big Pete

Referee
It was quietly replaced by the Matty Johns podcast.

It was the last show the station needed, another magazine show where they cover the exact same talking points that were brought up in all their other programs. It was like they received a lot of feedback about the Sydney-centric coverage so they came up with this half-assed show.

If you just had to have another magazine show about Queensland, it should have covered Queensland Rugby League from all angles and even been shot up there to given it a different feel. It shouldn't have focused primarily on the Queensland team or the Broncos either, if anything they should have focused more on the Cowboys and the Titans who were struggling for exposure around that time. However you could also do a spotlight on all the QCup teams as well and help promote those games.

The whole network as it stands is a real missed opportunity.

It was quietly replaced by the Matty Johns podcast.

It was the last show the station needed, another magazine show where they cover the exact same talking points that were brought up in all their other programs. It was like they received a lot of feedback about the Sydney-centric coverage so they came up with this half-assed show.

If you just had to have another magazine show about Queensland, it should have covered Queensland Rugby League from all angles and even been shot up there to given it a different feel. It shouldn't have focused primarily on the Queensland team or the Broncos either, if anything they should have focused more on the Cowboys and the Titans who were struggling for exposure around that time. However you could also do a spotlight on all the QCup teams as well and help promote those games.

The whole network as it stands is a real missed opportunity.
It could have interviewed former BRL players and shown highlights from the old BRL. "On this day in 1983, ________ beat ______ to achieve _______. We speak to one of their players who was involved in the game."

no name

Coach
Lol, as if Fox would ever devote one minute of discussion to anything but NRL.
The channel should be Fox NRL because they are not interested in any other form of the game at all.

roofromoz

First Grade
It could have interviewed former BRL players and shown highlights from the old BRL. "On this day in 1983, ________ beat ______ to achieve _______. We speak to one of their players who was involved in the game."

There is a BRL podcast which may have already been released, called BRL Moments In Time. I am a born lifelong Sydneysider but a big fan of RL history and will give it a listen.