What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Gippsy

Bench
Depends on the dollars of course, but I'd take Milford over Norman any day of the week.

The other factor is whether Sullivan finishes this year as an established first grader or not.

Looks like Milford and Adam Reynolds are on the market.
We dont want either of em do we ??
Sign either of them and kiss goodbye to Sullivan staying.

If you could sign a half for 1 year, to buy Sullivan that extra year to be ready for first grade (even though I think hes pretty close now if not ready already), then fine. this is where Norman comes in, not in demand could probably sign him to stay for 300k on a 1 year extension, if another club comes in and offers him more then fine we cut him loose.

Neither Milford nor Reynolds would sign for a year and no where near the 300K mark if they did.

Sullivan is and should be our priority. Coaching staff are doing everything in their power to prioritise him and rightfully so.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Obviously the 'Mole' has been digging around in our forums again.

A lot has changed on the player situation even in the last 24hrs and I notice his report referenced Hunts recent injury (4-6 weeks out isnt it?) delaying the proposed mega swap. Now we have Reynolds and possibly Milford in the mix (for next year).
This all runs into the trial time of DeBelin also.

Why would the Cows let Clifford go now particularly as desperate as they are? If they somehow get Reynolds for next year, it throws a whole new aspect on the swap.

Maybe the mega swap may happen, but with twist imo

possm

Coach
In the news Clune to cowboys.Cliffard to knights. Macgire to dragonsMakes sense to me

Cowboys to let McGuire walk in three player swap

The Cowboys, Dragons and Knights are considering a three-way player swap in a bid to get urgent help with injury crisis’ at all three clubs.

According to WWOS’ The Mole the swap deal proposes Cowboys forward Josh McGuire moving to the Dragons in exchange for St George Illawarra halfback Adam Clune.

That would allow the Cowboys to give halfback Jake Clifford an early release to join the Knights, who he is scheduled to link with in 2022.

Former Origin star McGuire is reportedly out of favour at the Cowboys with he and his management agreeing with the club that he could pursue his options elsewhere.

McGuire has a history with Dragons coach Anthony Griffin from their time at the Broncos and the pair have a good relationship.

NRL 2020: Transfer Whispers, Adam Reynolds, Rabbitohs, Josh McGuire Cowboys, Adam Clune Dragons, Jake Clifford Knights | Fox Sports

It looks like McGuire is not coming until after Hunt is fit to return. I personally would give Sullivan a run at 7 and bring McGuire into the lock position for the ANZAC Day Game. Fuimaono and Sims as our edge forwards and McGuire at lock. Kerr to return to the prop rotation.

8. Laurie
9. McCullough
10. VaughanLawrie
11. Sims
12. Fuimaono
13. McGuire

14. Kerr
15. Alvaro
16. Merrin
17. Ford

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Sign either of them and kiss goodbye to Sullivan staying.

If you could sign a half for 1 year, to buy Sullivan that extra year to be ready for first grade (even though I think hes pretty close now if not ready already), then fine. this is where Norman comes in, not in demand could probably sign him to stay for 300k on a 1 year extension, if another club comes in and offers him more then fine we cut him loose.

Neither Milford nor Reynolds would sign for a year and no where near the 300K mark if they did.

Sullivan is and should be our priority. Coaching staff are doing everything in their power to prioritise him and rightfully so.
We don't need Norman. Sullivan would have Hunt as his halves partner and Bird outside of him at centre. He would a protector in Sims.

I say we should have a Sullivan Norman halves pairing until Hunt comes back and then a Sullivan Hunt halves pairing until Hunts contract is up.

redv13

Bench
Cowboys to let McGuire walk in three player swap
The Cowboys, Dragons and Knights are considering a three-way player swap in a bid to get urgent help with injury crisis’ at all three clubs.

According to WWOS’ The Mole the swap deal proposes Cowboys forward Josh McGuire moving to the Dragons in exchange for St George Illawarra halfback Adam Clune.

That would allow the Cowboys to give halfback Jake Clifford an early release to join the Knights, who he is scheduled to link with in 2022.

Former Origin star McGuire is reportedly out of favour at the Cowboys with he and his management agreeing with the club that he could pursue his options elsewhere.

McGuire has a history with Dragons coach Anthony Griffin from their time at the Broncos and the pair have a good relationship.

NRL 2020: Transfer Whispers, Adam Reynolds, Rabbitohs, Josh McGuire Cowboys, Adam Clune Dragons, Jake Clifford Knights | Fox Sports

It looks like McGuire is not coming until after Hunt is fit to return. I personally would give Sullivan a run at 7 and bring McGuire into the lock position for the ANZAC Day Game. Fuimaono and Sims as our edge forwards and McGuire at lock. Kerr to return to the prop rotation.

8. Laurie
9. McCullough
10. VaughanLawrie
11. Sims
12. Fuimaono
13. McGuire

14. Kerr
15. Alvaro
16. Merrin
17. Ford

Kerr is going well on the edge and punching out 80 mins each week. Why move him??

Latest posts