What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redVinme

Bench
Michael Carryianis on the DT reporting in his sports confidential that the Dragons are set to welcome back a favourite son

anyone have access to the article

Is it a player or maybe an old boy on the coaching staff ?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...&memtype=registered&mode=premium#command-form

Mark Gasnier is on the verge of returning to the Dragons.

The premiership winner is part of a constitutional revamp on the St George side of the joint-venture which would enable Gasnier to be appointed to a board position unelected.

The St George District Rugby League Football Club has put a special resolution to its members this week which would enable directors to appoint three additional directors to the board.

As it stands, to sit on the St George District Rugby League Football Club board you must be elected to the St George Leagues Club board. The leagues club board then funnels into the district club who then appoint four members onto the St George Illawarra board. The only election is for a spot on the St George Leagues Club board.

The plan is to freshen up the St George District board with a football focus and help grow rugby league in the St George region.

Gasnier is the first person to be put up should the resolution be passed by 75 per cent of members at the club’s AGM later this month.

Since retiring from the Dragons in 2011, Gasnier has had a host of roles working in sport and legal administration, commentator for Fox Sports and as chief strategic officer for Oztag Australia.

Gasnier said he was excited by the potential role.

“With the way sport is heading there is going to be a lot more responsibility and help needed from local and district clubs,” Gasnier said.

“If I’m elected I hopefully can add some value there.”

Last edited:

BIG RIG

Juniors

The premiership winner is part of a constitutional revamp on the St George side of the joint-venture which would enable Gasnier to be appointed to a board position unelected.

The St George District Rugby League Football Club has put a special resolution to its members this week which would enable directors to appoint three additional directors to the board.

As it stands, to sit on the St George District Rugby League Football Club board you must be elected to the St George Leagues Club board. The leagues club board then funnels into the district club who then appoint four members onto the St George Illawarra board. The only election is for a spot on the St George Leagues Club board.

The plan is to freshen up the St George District board with a football focus and help grow rugby league in the St George region.

Gasnier is the first person to be put up should the resolution be passed by 75 per cent of members at the club’s AGM later this month.

Since retiring from the Dragons in 2011, Gasnier has had a host of roles working in sport and legal administration, commentator for Fox Sports and as chief strategic officer for Oztag Australia.

“With the way sport is heading there is going to be a lot more responsibility and help needed from local and district clubs,” Gasnier said.

Thanks for that appreciate it

Michael Carryianis on the DT reporting in his sports confidential that the Dragons are set to welcome back a favourite son

anyone have access to the article

Is it a player or maybe an old boy on the coaching staff ?

just a thought on this.

clune to cowboys
mcguire to dragons
no fafita
old boy back..gareth widdop

Como Connection

First Grade

Renewed my football club membership today, joined in 1980.
I'll attend the AGM and vote for Gaz.
CC

LINESPEED

Juniors
No. 4 - Widdop back ? Perhaps not now that there are a couple of real exciting halves on their way up .

Well not so sure Gareth:

...not according to the Murdoch lackeys who are stirring the pot & labelling us “the lowly RedV” — potentially in the hunt now for Reynolds:

“Of course Reynolds and Hunt can’t both wear the No.7 but Reynolds’ arrival would push Hunt into the hooker or five-eighth role, with his running game clearly his best attribute and Reynolds’ weakest”

WTF FFS FMD
No chance

What dark space have these fools been hiding in?

There’s going to be some serious humble pie eating & respect adjustment by Fox
& the Establishment Commentariat this year

...as we cement our renaissance :

on field
and at the Taj.

Bring on Gaz
& democracy

Piss off Gordons
& authoritarian parochialism

Willow

Assistant Moderator

Redvinme, can you please post a link for this? It's one of our oldest rules. Cheers.

Crush

Coach
Disappointed with the lack of announcements this week. I was hoping we’d have the pie eater in a RedV jersey by now.

Maddragon99

Juniors
McGuire deal looking dead now that Nth Qld won’t release Clifford until seasons end. Perhaps the Fifita deal might come back to life but I’d prefer we wait until we have a look at Burns & get a final outcome on the JdB decision.

We seem to be travelling ok at the moment no need to rush into anything.

Como Connection

First Grade
McGuire deal looking dead now that Nth Qld won’t release Clifford until seasons end. Perhaps the Fifita deal might come back to life but I’d prefer we wait until we have a look at Burns & get a final outcome on the JdB decision.

We seem to be travelling ok at the moment no need to rush into anything.
I guess that means Saints won't release Clune.
Very good move.
CC