What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT Prince Phillip RIP

possm

Coach
I was introduced to and shook hands with Prince Philip, the Hon. Col. of the Australian Cadet Corps, during my time at Victoria Barracks Paddington NSW. He was a good man and did much for the youth of our world. Rest in peace Prince Philip.

Gareth67

First Grade
I was introduced to and shook hands with Prince Philip, the Hon. Col. of the Australian Cadet Corps, during my time at Victoria Barracks Paddington NSW. He was a good man and did much for the youth of our world. Rest in peace Prince Philip.

Little wonder the poor chap took crook . :thinking:

On a more serious note , they have all just about gone to the big Buckingham Palace in the sky now with only Lizzie remaining of the old imperial era . Sad to see as I always liked Prince Phillip , he seemed to be about the only male member of the royal family that had any common sense about him .

R.I.P. Phillip - you have certainly earned it .

Last edited:

merahputih

Juniors
Unlike many royal figures he actually led a full life with many rough edges. His Royal Navy career included service on several warships during WW2 in both the Atlantic and Pacific theatres during which he visited Australia. Even though he was born into the Greek royal family his early life was far from idyllic , being virtually abandoned by his father while his mother suffered from a mental illness. I used to love his politically incorrect statements which you could just about fill a book with.

FlameThrower

Bench
Unlike many royal figures he actually led a full life with many rough edges. His Royal Navy career included service on several warships during WW2 in both the Atlantic and Pacific theatres during which he visited Australia. Even though he was born into the Greek royal family his early life was far from idyllic , being virtually abandoned by his father while his mother suffered from a mental illness. I used to love his politically incorrect statements which you could just about fill a book with.
Great post and he is definitely the last of the line.