What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R5 Fri - Penrith 30-10 Canberra @ BlueBet

Round 5: Penrith v Canberra

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
We're still clinging to 2019 rules, where forwards reign supreme. We'll occupy the 4th-8th window until the balance between forwards and backs is addressed. Injuries just compound this issue.

I think forwards are still important but I also think we are way too slow out wide

Obviously we are very dumb too. Hudson Young does some absolutely moronical things to go with all the good he does. I am singling him out a bit here but it just came to mind.

skeepe

Immortal
Honestly thinking about it the panthers probably could have exploited the Croker/Whitehead edge more. Strange that they didnt. Possibly saved his from being the first team in the 50 point thread

When they ran at them, Croker and Whitehead actually handled it really well. A couple of deft kicks in behind, keep turning them around and I think they would have really been caught out badly.

soc123_au

Staff member
Not quite that, but the impact of losing a fullback and shoehoring Rapana who was shot after 20 minutes of playiing there, least of all Whitehead having to match pace for very athletic and speedy backs for penrith and that impact

penrith are a better team than us right now, absolutely no question about that
the gap isnt as wide as this scoreline indicates if we play 1-17 all game

Rapana did a few good things while at fullback, but you are right, the poor prick was barely able to stand with 20 to go. But to play devils advocate it was somewhat negated by us having Critta stinking it up at the back. Replace him with Edwards & it could have been another clean sheet. Api is also better than Kenny, but he is doing a great job filling in. I can't see him being with us next contract, he would walk into quite a few other teams. Not flashy, but provides bloody good service.

Hopefully next meeting both sides are full strength & there are no in game injuries.

Bazal

Post Whore
Rapana did a few good things while at fullback, but you are right, the poor prick was barely able to stand with 20 to go. But to play devils advocate it was somewhat negated by us having Critta stinking it up at the back..

This is an incorrect comparison because Crichton appears to at least have a rudimentary brain

skeepe

Immortal
Oh f**k off. Cleary complaining about not getting enough set restarts for “spoilage in the rucks.”

You won the restart count 6-2 and I doubt a neutral fan would think there was that much difference between what both teams did there.

He really is a prize wanker.

GAZF

First Grade
I think forwards are still important but I also think we are way too slow out wide

Obviously we are very dumb too. Hudson Young does some absolutely moronical things to go with all the good he does. I am singling him out a bit here but it just came to mind.
We're obscenely stacked from 8-13, but only one of our back line players would crack most teams in the top four.

Despite the recent success, there is still a significant amount of femtobrain in the squad. Players like Whitehead seem to keep it under control, but Young (hopefully working on it) and Rapana (no excuses) hold the torch up high.

soc123_au

Staff member
This is an incorrect comparison because Crichton appears to at least have a rudimentary brain
I don't know about that. He does some dumb shit. I think our real advantage out of that whole deal was us having Burton at centre as opposed to Whitehead.

soc123_au

Staff member
Oh f**k off. Cleary complaining about not getting enough set restarts for “spoilage in the rucks.”

You won the restart count 6-2 and I doubt a neutral fan would think there was that much difference between what both teams did there.

He really is a prize wanker.
tenor.gif

Pete Cash

Post Whore
We're obscenely stacked from 8-13, but only one of our back line players would crack most teams in the top four.

Despite the recent success, there is still a significant amount of femtobrain in the squad. Players like Whitehead seem to keep it under control, but Young (hopefully working on it) and Rapana (no excuses) hold the torch up high.

Tapine seems to have improved his stupidity

no name

Coach
The style of play the Panthers play is awesome to watch.
Very entertaining.
I try not to buy into people saying players/teams are cocky and arrogant and haven’t really seen the Panthers go over the top with this, but the display from Crichton on Tapine was pretty low.
Especially as Crichton had an absolute Carige of a first half.

Watching teams celebrate is great, but disrespecting opposition players is a bit shit.

mongoose

Coach
Rapana did a few good things while at fullback, but you are right, the poor prick was barely able to stand with 20 to go. But to play devils advocate it was somewhat negated by us having Critta stinking it up at the back. Replace him with Edwards & it could have been another clean sheet. Api is also better than Kenny, but he is doing a great job filling in. I can't see him being with us next contract, he would walk into quite a few other teams. Not flashy, but provides bloody good service.

Hopefully next meeting both sides are full strength & there are no in game injuries.

I think Rapa has had a brilliant year so far, he's got brain snaps in him but he's been one of our best. I thought his career was done at the end of last year.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Oh Noes!!!!

And how could anyone forget, you even had the Storm logo in your avatar Lolzzzzzzzzzz, And now you have the hide to tell real fans thry have no right to criticise your team......... Fairwether softcock bandwagoner.

It doesn't matter what theatrics may occur on a virtual forum (it's not real life). I have only ever followed Penrith since 1988 and the Storm has never been my team. I only admired them (before the cheating), to be honest mostly because they pissed off most of League Unlimited. If Penrith keep pissing people like you off on this site off for the next couple of years, I know things will be going well and we'll probably have won a comp.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade

Hard to argue. No one in our back 5 instill any fear in the opposition.

nick87

Coach

'
Lot of variables. I dont think this was our best 17, but yeah you guys were missing some people, but i dont think that impacts things as much as losing a key spine player in game

As a raiders fan i look at this game and think the panthers are clearly better than us, and if both teams played their best, the panthers would win. But i dont think we're out of our depth. I saw enough in this game to think we're capable of an upset, and that's what it would be, an upset, in the finals if we met again there

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I think Rapa has had a brilliant year so far, he's got brain snaps in him but he's been one of our best. I thought his career was done at the end of last year.

His yardage has been really outstanding. The guy is all effort

I just worry about his speed with finishing tries at this point in his career. Wingers are still judged on being able to nail those 50/50 tries and he isnt getting them at the rate he used to.

But the metres he makes out of our end are top notch

Pete Cash

Post Whore
'
Lot of variables. I dont think this was our best 17, but yeah you guys were missing some people, but i dont think that impacts things as much as losing a key spine player in game

As a raiders fan i look at this game and think the panthers are clearly better than us, and if both teams played their best, the panthers would win. But i dont think we're out of our depth. I saw enough in this game to think we're capable of an upset, and that's what it would be, an upset, in the finals if we met again there

Its kinda like this for me

We need everything to go our way to beat the panthers. This did not happen tonight and in fact we had a few things go against us like the CNK head knock

Hopefully if we meet again this year everything goes our way lol