What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs the Raiders

Girds89

Bench
After seeing Crittas right handed gidley flick I wouldn’t mind seeing critta at right centre and momo on the left when Dylan is back if critta doesn’t get back into form at left centre. He looked real natural attacking to the right, he can keep his left arm free for a fend and carry the ball in his right and unleash Staines like he did.

Critta can try the right. Burton can stay left. He's played been our best centre so far this year easily

Girds89

Bench
Touch would we can remain injury free.
Going to be some serious competition for spots.

Burton has to be in 17 so someone is going to be unlucky

Girds89

Bench
I love mitch Kenny, absolutely incredible back up player. Has a huge motor, good for 50+ tackles a game and never stops but one thing that was evident Tonight was the brilliance of Josh hodgson. He was single handedly keeping raiders in it. I thought he was incredibly dangerous with the ball in hand and he just creates so much indecisiveness for defenders.

No offence to mitch but he doesn't have that in his game. Boy, once api comes back we really will be dangerous. There was 6-10 times tonight Canberra were shot at marker and if api was there he'd have darted and either made a break or got the set restart.

Again, no disrespect to mitch, man he has been good. But when api is back I can see this team going to a whole new level.

No need to change much, api can just pick his moments when blokes are fatigued.

Girds89

Bench
One other thing, not sure if others have noticed but how nice is it seeing a centre just hit the ball at speed, genuine full tilt on to the ball. No stepping or jinking, just hitting the line at pace.

Burton has been a breathe of fresh air at centre. At times momo amd critta this year have really stalled the attack with there jinky running style. God its been good seeing a centre just crash onto the ball.

That try Burton scored off luai was brilliance by both. Critta or momo hasn't run on to a pass like that all year.

GoldCoastPather

Juniors
Crichton isn’t a fullback. He can’t read the play to position himself and can’t read a ball off the boot. He should be moved, but so should have Whare long before he was, so Ivan has form with letting players prove over and over again they’re not a fullback.

If we were to be injury free and brutally honest Crichton wouldn’t make our 17.
Give him time. When he hits his straps we will be repaid in full for our patience.

Jane Murray

Bench
One other thing, not sure if others have noticed but how nice is it seeing a centre just hit the ball at speed, genuine full tilt on to the ball. No stepping or jinking, just hitting the line at pace.

Burton has been a breathe of fresh air at centre. At times momo amd critta this year have really stalled the attack with there jinky running style. God its been good seeing a centre just crash onto the ball.

That try Burton scored off luai was brilliance by both. Critta or momo hasn't run on to a pass like that all year.
Judging by his body language, Burton does not want to leave.

snickers007

Juniors
Given our upcoming draw before Edwards returns, I'm expecting Critta to stay at Fullback, but I really don't like it.

He lacks urgency close to the line, is afraid to put his body on the line, and has dicks for hands.

His opening 20mins was horrendous, failing to put himself between Wighton and the tryline for points, followed by him watching Croker dive on the rolling ball (which should have been for points), and then immediately followed up with a bad knock on in our danger zone.

We probably should have been down 18-0 if the Raiders could execute.

Yeah his flick pass to Staines was nice, but I'd expect a center to be able to do that.

He also seems like a bit of a dickhead. There was no need for him to grab Tapine after the second Staines try. Just reeks of poor sportsmanship. And he's very lucky, cause if Tapine wanted any part of that interaction he would eat Critta alive.

I don't want to death ride the guy, but when he's held the club to ransom on his contract renewal, and then turned in the kind of performances that he has, I think it's fair to expect more. All things being even, Critta would be in NSW Cup once Edwards returns, and for a guy on $650k - $750k a season that's not good enough.

I'm getting Waqa Blake vibes, and not in a good way.

Great to get the victory though, especially when we were far from our best. Undefeated in all senior grades so far is very impressive. We should be looking at 9 or 10 wins from the first 10 rounds, even if he have a few injuries here and there. Might even be an idea to rest some players too if they need it.

mxlegend99

Referee
Move Critta to right centre when Edwards returns. Burton has made a real go of left centre and that edge is destroying teams.

Critta wasn't doing anything. So as hard as it woild be to drop Momorovski, i would to slide Critta into right centre. Purely because of last season he gets the nod. On this years form he's the one who should miss out. Both Critta and Momorovski have 10 errors each to their names so it's fitting they battle for the same spot.

1. Edwards
2. Too
3. Burton
4. Critta / Momorovski
5. Staines
6. Luai
7. Cleary

I can't see us lining up better than that this season. Burton is our best centre almost immediately and we wasted all of 2020 not giving him a go. We only have him for this year so I hope we keep him to hopefully win a competition before he leaves.

Jane Murray

Bench
Move Critta to right centre when Edwards returns. Burton has made a real go of left centre and that edge is destroying teams.

Critta wasn't doing anything. So as hard as it woild be to drop Momorovski, i would to slide Critta into right centre. Purely because of last season he gets the nod. On this years form he's the one who should miss out. Both Critta and Momorovski have 10 errors each to their names so it's fitting they battle for the same spot.

1. Edwards
2. Too
3. Burton
4. Critta / Momorovski
5. Staines
6. Luai
7. Cleary

I can't see us lining up better than that this season. Burton is our best centre almost immediately and we wasted all of 2020 not giving him a go. We only have him for this year so I hope we keep him to hopefully win a competition before he leaves.
Judging by his reaction, after he scored his try, if Burton tries to break his contract. His body language tells me that he does not want to leave.

betcats

Referee
Critta will be fine he has a ton of talent and he works hard off the field. Look at Rapana last night he was cooked with 20 minutes left cause he had to play fullback, Crittas fitness has been fine playing back there, he’s just down on form. It doesn’t matter how much someone is earning form slumps happen especially when they are young I wouldn’t rush to any judgement.

Re Tapine, they were hugging and laughing post game like they know each other. We go over the top sometimes but we earn the right to do it, there was plenty of feeling out there and critta is not our worst offender. Canberra were giving us plenty when they had they chance. Even Kiks was running over to their winger and patting him on the head after luai’s try.

Panfa

Juniors
Burton is good at centre but would be even better at fullback.Imagine a spine of 1.burton 6.luai 7.cleary 9.Koroisau it's the best in the comp bar storm.Burton has the all round game good under high ball speed defence ball skills and ( URGENCY).

betcats

Referee
Critta can try the right. Burton can stay left. He's played been our best centre so far this year easily

Ive got no problem with that I just don’t think it will happen. Still a few weeks till we need to make the call.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a different fullback at some stage next week against the broncos, perfect time to give Staines or Burton a little run there.

betcats

Referee
If I was going with critta and burton in the centres I’d leave Burton at left centre and put critta on the right. It’s going to be very tough, critta is in the worst form but he’s got a lot more potential than momo he showed that last year and we just invested heavily in him. Burton is the best all round player out all of them. f**k having to make that call tbh. At the end of the day we are stacked with Edwards to come back in and Naden still outside the top 17.

franklin2323

Immortal
Bench should be

May
Martin
Leinu
Burton

Solves that issue of moved guys into strange positions

Lets be realistic here. If Crichton was centre he scores the 2 tries Burton has the last 2 weeks.

The right is finally looking effective why change that too

More importantly it goes not far after Edwards is back into SOO. You would move the side for a few weeks then move stuff back when we lost the halves again

Last edited: