What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs the Raiders

Alintheeast

Juniors
You must have amazing insight to look at a tv and say he is having second thoughts .Can you look at the tv again and give me next weeks lotto numbers
I think Burton’s agent is the person who is definitely having second thoughts he realises that he could have waited and probably got a lot more $$$ based on Matt’s recent performances. He may go back to the dogs and say Matt wants more dough to be happy. Penrith couldn’t afford him anyway.

Girds89

Bench
Manly had to pay though and that counts in their cap. The cost of getting burton a release would be very high even if he went full Aloia. It’s nice to dream though, he was quick to grab that panthers logo on his chest after he scored last night.

Yeah I understand that. As I said straight up, my original post had nothing to do with Burton. Smug said it was nonsense what I said and I was just making the point of how easy players can get out of contracts which has been proven over and over again in recent years. To think otherwise is crazy.

Sure manly had to pay but they wanted him lol.. so at the end of the day he literally got put of his contract because of a dummy spit.

Burton no doubt wants to play 5/8 and knows Penrith could get nowhere near dogs money hence why he is off there. But im sure part of him really wishes or wished he could stay with his mates in our special team we have atm.

Girds89

Bench
Crighton has been charged by the match review committee for grabbing the raider player after the try.Lucky it’s a fine only

Yet fifita can almost take a blokes head off in nsw cup and doesn't get sighted...
I've said it for such a long time to family and mates. The nrl judiciary is the most flawed broken system out there. It just doesn't work. The whole lot of them are completely inept.

It baffles me some of the shit they come up with and they are a deadset blight on the game. Need to hit the refresh button on that. I don't know what the answer is but it cleary does not work atm. Maybe they need an independent board not affiliated with the nrl. Get some retired super league players with no ties to any nrl clubs. I really don't know but the judiciary/match review committee is a joke.

How Munster didn't get even sighted for that hip drop on spencer the other week is beyond me. He was so close to doing an acl or breaking his leg. If it wasn't someone as short, stocky and strong as spencer it wouldve ended much much worse. Than...maybe than after a season ending injury the review committee may have done something. And therein lies the problem. Well the one of many.

Get rid of the lot

The_Frog

First Grade
How Munster didn't get even sighted for that hip drop on spencer the other week is beyond me.
That one was explained by Annesley on the following Monday with slow motion video. At the time Munster put his weight into the tackle, Leniu's leg wasn't under him. It was an accident.

franklin2323

Immortal
Martin and Leniu would be the bench middle forwards I think that would be fine. Burton and May cover the edge forwards. At full strength I wouldn’t mind that bench, but harsh on Huth who has been great but it would be interesting.

The game has changed you don’t 3 big forwards on the bench, Martin is big enough and good enough to play prop and May and burton are big enough to cover the edges imo.

The way I see it we are after maybe 20 mins. Either side of half time to rest Kikau

Martin was 1st used last night. Went well so that likely doesn't change now so if he is mainly prop. Then do we need another 2?
Eisenhuth is a middle only. Burton has size and defend. I don't think he could start there but to come on run a few plays. Make tackles until Kikau rests is fine.

Anyway the likely scenario is that injuries solves that problem anyway

Girds89

Bench
That one was explained by Annesley on the following Monday with slow motion video. At the time Munster put his weight into the tackle, Leniu's leg wasn't under him. It was an accident.

Hahah omg. Seriously?? That's the problem with having a bloke like Annesley explain this shit.

That is a Melbourne storm tackling technique. It's got nothing to do where Spencer's leg is..its the technique of two blokes holding up top and the lower player around the waist sliding rapidly below the hip so players above can bend him over onto his back... it was designed by Bellamy and his wrestling team to gain ruck dominance.

Watch Kenty go to town on Bellamy about it. That is not a tackle that should exist in our game accident or not. Spencer was very very lucky not to be out for the season.

Show me a video of panthers players group tackling like that?? You won't find one!! You know why, because it is not something they are taught.

The whole commentary team on fox including Cooper cronk, a close friend of Munster said it was ugly and he's in trouble... yet the judiciary sees otherwise and all mighty annesley knows all.

Hes an absolute goose.

Girds89

Bench
Players are taught to hold up top and lower player to come in around the legs.

But Munster purposely basically lifted his legs creating a deadweight so they could bend spencer onto his back. That is the definition of a hip drop tackle and again not something I've ever seen panthers players do.

The fact Annesley even had to come out and explain that it didn't deserve a charge or sighting just stinks of how incompetent they are..

When all the commentators and experts who've actually played think it looked terrible than im tipping old mate annesley has nfi.

Jane Murray

Bench
You must have amazing insight to look at a tv and say he is having second thoughts .Can you look at the tv again and give me next weeks lotto numbers
It is called reading the body language. I shall wait for your come back, and others, in which I shall ignore.

Crashtest

Juniors
He lacks urgency close to the line, is afraid to put his body on the line, and has dicks for hands.

His opening 20mins was horrendous, failing to put himself between Wighton and the tryline for points, followed by him watching Croker dive on the rolling ball

He also seems like a bit of a dickhead. There was no need for him to grab Tapine after the second Staines try. Just reeks of poor sportsmanship. And he's very lucky, cause if Tapine wanted any part of that interaction he would eat Critta alive.

I'm getting Waqa Blake vibes, and not in a good way.

i don’t get all the Crichton hate. Last week was his first full game at fullback since high school, so it will take time to perfect the position in first grade. Plus he is only 20 and played only 30 games, so still developing his game and is going to go through form slumps like a lot of young players do.

His talent and potential make it all worth it though, and we just need to show faith and confidence in him so he is soon playing well like last season.

murraymob

Coach
i don’t get all the Crichton hate. Last week was his first full game at fullback since high school, so it will take time to perfect the position in first grade. Plus he is only 20 and played only 30 games, so still developing his game and is going to go through form slumps like a lot of young players do.

His talent and potential make it all worth it though, and we just need to show faith and confidence in him so he is soon playing well like last season.
I agree the fitness levels needed to play fullback is above most positions.He is only a fill in till Edwards return .He will take time ..over the next few weeks he will improve

Crashtest

Juniors
Luai is the best player in the comp

The Panthers are lucky they got him signed up long term before the start of the season. The $700k a year is a bargain compared against the form he has shown in the first 5 games of the season.

I can imagine the crazy dollars the desperate clubs would be throwing at him given his form this season if he was still unsigned.

franklin2323

Immortal
The Panthers are lucky they got him signed up long term before the start of the season. The $700k a year is a bargain compared against the form he has shown in the first 5 games of the season.

I can imagine the crazy dollars the desperate clubs would be throwing at him given his form this season if he was still unsigned.

It will go down as one of the bargain buys if he keeps this going