What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

possm

Coach
I'm sure this will set possm off but I reckon Millward copped a raw deal having to try to attract talent to work under the McNoidea handbrake.

Let's see how these new recruits pan out with an actual coach...
My face is red, my eyes are bulging, my hands are sweaty and all my kids have scatted to their bedrooms, but I won't say a word.

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So as it stands (and all rumoured until confirmed):

Burns swap with Blacker seems done.

Maguire deal on ice until at least after the DeBelin trial.

Fifita deal looking likely soon.

Clune to Cows won't happen. Cows interested in signing Dearden immediately (they already post-marked him for 2022 anyway). Reynolds also in stand-off with Rabbits. So no 'swap deal' involving Maguire and Clune.

Brittain most likely played his last game of football. We are looking at a utility forward/hooker as a replacement.

Maybe some extension of contracts are in the pipeline.

As I say, just rumours or quashed rumours until confirmed by the club or clubs.

Update:

Burns for Blacker completed. Welcome to the Dragons Billy.

Seems Maguire will join us very very soon. No swap with Clune, this was falsely reported, the issue or delay was over $$$.

Fafita doesn't appear to be happening.

Brittain still being assessed for long term concussion injuries.

Currently looking for an edge forward that can play hooker

Player extensions still on the cards.

Interesting week ahead.

Gareth67

First Grade
Update:

Burns for Blacker completed. Welcome to the Dragons Billy.

Seems Maguire will join us very very soon. No swap with Clune, this was falsely reported, the issue or delay was over $$$.

Fafita doesn't appear to be happening.

Brittain still being assessed for long term concussion injuries.

Currently looking for an edge forward that can play hooker

Player extensions still on the cards.

Interesting week ahead.

Good news all round , was against McGuire joining the Dragons , however we do need a hard nut and if he can get rid of his bad habits in regard to foul play then perhaps Griffin will be able to get him playing good football .

More pleased that Clune shall remain with us , as imo he is doing a great job in Hunts absence and between the pair of them will be able to pass on some knowledge to the young halves in waiting .

Dragsters

First Grade
Agree Clune is a solid fill in player but then I see the 18 year old Sam Walker single handedly beat the Sharks with 3 killer blows and I wish for better things for my club.

He's a real talent that Walker.

Shame he is at the rooters.

Also a shame Bud has been injured.

While Clune is doing a good job, if Bud came in to replace Hunt and had a run of games to find his groove, a Sullivan vs Walker match up on Anzac day would have been interesting if Hunt is not back by then...

possm

Coach
Agree Clune is a solid fill in player but then I see the 18 year old Sam Walker single handedly beat the Sharks with 3 killer blows and I wish for better things for my club.
Sullivan is our Sam Walker. There are also many other teams fielding players betwwen the age of 18-20.

Sullivan and the Feagai brothers are in a group of players that should be in reserve grade knocking hard on the first grade door.

getsmarty

Immortal
ORIGIN FORWARD SET FOR IMMEDIATE SWITCH

The Herald also reports representative forward Josh McGuire is about to complete a mid-season switch from North Queensland to St George Illawarra.

McGuire’s release is expected to be confirmed this week, and he will be a Dragons play before their Round 6 game against the Warriors.

If all goes to plan he should be available for selection and could don the Red V on Saturday.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/6acc457ccf1a43fc0a4a02c6f225e03b

ORIGIN FORWARD SET FOR IMMEDIATE SWITCH

The Herald also reports representative forward Josh McGuire is about to complete a mid-season switch from North Queensland to St George Illawarra.

McGuire’s release is expected to be confirmed this week, and he will be a Dragons play before their Round 6 game against the Warriors.

If all goes to plan he should be available for selection and could don the Red V on Saturday.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/6acc457ccf1a43fc0a4a02c6f225e03b
Is he that good that he walks straight into the 17 with barely any training with the team?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So, does Maguire waltz straight into the starting 17?

At this stage he would replace Poasa, with Poasa having shoulder issues, however, I was impressed with Ellis yesterday. Poasa will have to fight his way back into the team via reggies i think.
Some doubt also over Lawrie, at least for the Warriors game.

Long term decision is DeBelin. If cleared, and given his absence from the game to near on 3yrs, he also may see out the majority of the season in reggies, just for match fitness under the new rules. Can't see him replacing Fui at this stage, plus heavily rumoured he would return as a middle forward, not lock or edge.
J. Hunt has been playing reggies, he's only young and needs time, but I think they see more in him than Blacker. Josh Coric is another to keep an eye on also for the future.

getsmarty

Immortal
Update...

Eels five-eighth Dylan Brown is facing a two-week ban after being charged with a crusher tackle offence in his team's loss to the Dragons on Sunday night.

The match review committee issued a grade charge over a 17th-minute tackle on Eels forward Tyrell Fuimaono. An early guilty plea would reduce the suspension to one match.

You would think that the NRL Site would know which clubs players belong to

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/09/round-5-charges-glenn-facing-fine/

Last edited:

Latest posts