What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 - time for a scrub

shaggs

Coach
1. William - much safer and was very good in the first half. Second half when we had a chance we were too lateral. And he doesn’t work well with lateral.
2. Hiroti - was ok. Not a first grader. Career squad guy. It shows
3. Duges - solidish
4. Ramien - attack wise when he runs early he looks strong. Defensively he isn’t very smart
5. Ron - Is there someone else available? Something missing for him this year. Mental issues??
6. Matt - defensive was strong again. Attack needs earlier ball
7. The one and only - first half strong. Second half played off the back off dominated forwards. Defensively was dreadful in that last 20
8. BHU - is something missing for this bloke this year??
9. Blayke - did his job. Defended bravely
10. Aaron - we were better when he was on the field
11. Wilton - did enough to keep nikora out, but he will replace wade on the left. (Nikora right edge)
12. Wade - no rating. Dreadful technique. Needs a fortnight off
13. Toby - Brought his energy.
14. Conor. - valuable input
15. Tolman - didn’t notice him being good or bad. So I guess he did his job
16. Williams - was pretty good. Bench edge is his go.
17. Billy - was ok. Maybe a yard too slow for a team like the roosters.

Eion

First Grade
What shat me the most was the drags out to touch. 2 of 3 of those our blokes should have stopped it. Weren’t thinking/ didn’t have the mongrel to win at all cost.

Eion

First Grade
That’s correct. That’s why I said he wasn’t nrl level. A career squad player
He’s a stop gap. May develop over time as seems a confidence player, but wouldn’t be in the side but for injuries

Frenzy.

Immortal
What shat me the most was the drags out to touch. 2 of 3 of those our blokes should have stopped it. Weren’t thinking/ didn’t have the mongrel to win at all cost.

Yes but 2 or 3 of them the blokes were dragged into touch, not held up on their feet and pushed over. Probably should have been penalties to us.

The other leg up the Roosters got was with their back 5 being always allowed to crib 3-4 metres at the ruck. I don't know how a referee missing obvious shit like that

SharkShocked

Bench
That was piss poor.

Geez noodles does some dumb shit, but Chad snoozing as well. Not good enough

Ronnies fault this one. Took a great catch. Took the contact then tried to push off and steal a few more metres when he should have been smart enough to hit the deck. Others were lazy around him but it was inexperience again by Ron.

Eion

First Grade
Yes but 2 or 3 of them the blokes were dragged into touch, not held up on their feet and pushed over. Probably should have been penalties to us.
Maybe. 50/50. But for shits sake, I tell my 7 year old to play for the whistle

Eion

First Grade
Ronnies fault this one. Took a great catch. Took the contact then tried to push off and steal a few more metres when he should have been smart enough to hit the deck. Others were lazy around him but it was inexperience again by Ron.
Don’t know about that, thought he was trying to get to the ground. But the roosters were really trying for the drag out all game. Support should have been awake to it. Chad was standing there appealing to the ref

Craigshark

First Grade
That loss will probably take a bit to get over. They looked like they wanted it pretty bad, for at least the first 60 minutes anyway. That’s the thing that sucks the most about losing that game, the confidence they would have gained. I would have really liked our chances of running up a score against newcastle next week. Now who knows.

Really think some peoples demands on Morris are grossly unfair given the situation he inherited . In saying that next yr Sharks will have cap money and really MUST shore up the weak positions . Morris has never been in position with money to spend and its a different ball game . None of the names thrown up have been in position of being head coach with core of young side and needing to bring in some guns. I don't see any who are less risk than Morris . Only one I can think of (and I expect to be shot down in Flames).......... is Wayne Bennet . 1 year during recruitment phase , bit of mentoring for Morris. Contract with clause of bonus for the teams performance the yr after he leaves. Maybe not feasable but makes as much sense as bringing in Fitzgibbon or even Bellamy who has only really had success with the Storm NRL darlings.

Weaponhead

Coach
That loss will probably take a bit to get over. They looked like they wanted it pretty bad, for at least the first 60 minutes anyway. That’s the thing that sucks the most about losing that game, the confidence they would have gained. I would have really liked our chances of running up a score against newcastle next week. Now who knows.
Exactly.
Its a sliding doors game. Go on with it and the story is about Sharks getting a big scalp. The capitulation creates all the noise about Morris and the Sharks not having it against the big teams.

The last 18 minutes was awful. Defence is what they have said they worked on and it was poor. No point crying about no ball. Concede 4 tries in 18 minutes and you wont have any ball. The 4 one on one misses were just not good enough. They should have been stopped.

There are good improvements in this squad. They are playing with more intensity (apart from that 18 mins). The ball movement and skill level is good. Kennedy has really grown as a player. Brailey is quality.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Uele has now gone backwards.
Morris can't get Fifita to retire, look at difference with Bennett he gets players to medically retire.
He even got James Roberts to forgo his contract

Special K

Coach
I like Bomber but I don't get how he talks about standards etc then picks Chad every week. He had two missed tackles of basically rookie halves for 2 tries with the game on the line. That is ridiculous.

chewsta

First Grade
For The first time this year they looked tired in the back end of the game. Not surprising really, we have been in some pretty full on games over the last few weeks.

Latest posts