What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting to look like another one of those seasons

Poss

Juniors
2019 - could have been top 4 had we kicked more goals. What was it, 4 or 5 games we scored more tries but lost on the back of goal kicking?

2020 - a lot of injuries and could not beat a top 8 team. Looked great against bottom 8 sides

2021 - our last 3 losses are games that were winnable but didn’t have the right stuff to close them out. Canberra could not kick a goal. Parra no bench for second half. Roosters 2 HIA in first half, game in our hands and let it slip.

what do we need to do to turn it around and not let 2021 be another season of ‘shoulda, woulda, coulda’? We need to beat Knights and Dogs next 2 weeks obviously, but we need to ice some of these winnable games against the better sides. We’re a pretty decent side and are not far off being up there with the top 6 sides.

Frustrating.

Weaponhead

Coach
2019 - could have been top 4 had we kicked more goals. What was it, 4 or 5 games we scored more tries but lost on the back of goal kicking?

2020 - a lot of injuries and could not beat a top 8 team. Looked great against bottom 8 sides

2021 - our last 3 losses are games that were winnable but didn’t have the right stuff to close them out. Canberra could not kick a goal. Parra no bench for second half. Roosters 2 HIA in first half, game in our hands and let it slip.

what do we need to do to turn it around and not let 2021 be another season of ‘shoulda, woulda, coulda’? We need to beat Knights and Dogs next 2 weeks obviously, but we need to ice some of these winnable games against the better sides. We’re a pretty decent side and are not far off being up there with the top 6 sides.

Frustrating.
They look better this season but need to knock off a good side to show they can do it. They don't nail big moments against good sides yet. I reckon they have it in them, just have to find the belief and get it done.

snout

First Grade

Frustrating.
Knights are struggling but Ponga probably blitzes us such is our MO.

We just dont have the cattle or the elite skill level to mix it with the top 4 or 5.
We give them a helluva game - but thats us. We compete but cant beat.

txta2

Bench
I don't recall one single expert rating the Sharks or making the semis. Lets face it they are only mid field with all the injuries.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
So it's not going to be

No it won’t be. We are playing significantly better football than even last season where we finished 8th. We will do a number on all the shit teams because we’re defensively resilient and we take it to the top 8 sides as seen by tonight’s match as well as the Raiders game. We are missing our most prized attacking player in Shaun Johnson for a few weeks more, and still putting on a decent amount of points every match. Throw in the absence of Nikora, Katoa, Hunt, Talakai and any given player due to a HIA every match and we are still competing until the end.

Once we get these lads back and we play a few games against the shit sides the confidence will be very high and then we can begin to push.

If you even think this season is ANYTHING like the write-off that was 2014 where we won like literally three games then you’re dumber than I thought you were. Go sprout your negativity elsewhere. You’re clueless.

Stake Removed

First Grade
No it won’t be. We are playing significantly better football than even last season where we finished 8th. We will do a number on all the shit teams because we’re defensively resilient and we take it to the top 8 sides as seen by tonight’s match as well as the Raiders game. We are missing our most prized attacking player in Shaun Johnson for a few weeks more, and still putting on a decent amount of points every match. Throw in the absence of Nikora, Katoa, Hunt, Talakai and any given player due to a HIA every match and we are still competing until the end.

Once we get these lads back and we play a few games against the shit sides the confidence will be very high and then we can begin to push.

If you even think this season is ANYTHING like the write-off that was 2014 where we won like literally three games then you’re dumber than I thought you were. Go sprout your negativity elsewhere. You’re clueless.
I will make a deal with you we make the 8 I walk away I don't return under any name, if we don't you do that settles argument.
Failing to make the 8 would be worst performance since 2014.
I have gut feel you won't accept as you won't back anything more just a coward

shadowboxer

First Grade
This will be our worse year since 2014
Crickey your must of had a few hundred last night or your off the stake meds?.
For a start the season is only a few games old, but it has been a truckload better than last year. Think about the Canberra games at the back end of last year and review your comment above.
Also, I agree with your thoughts on Chad, but what can you do - he is golden boy. Just accept it

fizman

Bench
This will be our worse year since 2014

I officially change your name from Stake Removed to Sausage Removed.

There is no way that 2021 will be anywhere near as bad as 2014 you silly sausage.

Let the wise speak (that’s me) - How can you make a bet based on comparisons of 2014 v 2021 and the base line is Top 8 when we only won 6 games you silly sausage.

If the claim is worse since 2014, wouldn’t the bet be based on equal or greater number of wins which would be >6?

You are a sausage removed, but you are OUR sausage removed.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
As an outsider, I will state the sharks are a huge chance to play finals - as long as they stay fit. Injuries and HIAs affect your club a fair bit.
You were the better side for a majority of last night but losing key players against the current crop of top tier teams will almost always equal a loss.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I will make a deal with you we make the 8 I walk away I don't return under any name, if we don't you do that settles argument.
Failing to make the 8 would be worst performance since 2014.
I have gut feel you won't accept as you won't back anything more just a coward

Hahaha

Don't you dare threaten him with a good time Stakey.

Latest posts