What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks veteran sends warning over coach’s contract uncertainty

txta2

Bench
A few wins and all these commentators/journos back the coach. A few losses the knives are out , and they create the rumours. f**k them, I'm glad the club is holding back.

Stake Removed

First Grade
But he is the one sending out instructions he is the one coaching them it falls in him always has they are now 2 and 3.
Yet to win a back to back game this season, just blew a 14 point lead in 25 minutes to lose by 8.
They need to win 3 of next 4 or he can go.
That's gets them 5 from 9

shadowboxer

First Grade
But he is the one sending out instructions he is the one coaching them it falls in him always has they are now 2 and 3.
Yet to win a back to back game this season, just blew a 14 point lead in 25 minutes to lose by 8.
They need to win 3 of next 4 or he can go.
That's gets them 5 from 9
Bring
Back
Raper
Agree the loss is not acceptable but who replaces Morris??

Eion

First Grade
For f**k sake. Let's sack him and get an unknown, untested Merkin. f**k off merkin. We had a crack. We lost.
To be fair to stakey, I think the board have a point. Bomber seems to me a quite good coach, but is he a top 4, premiership winning coach in the next 2-3 years?

DJDL

Bench
Yep, I hate to say it Eion, but I think the writing is on the wall for Bomber.

That was a complete and utter capitulation.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Last week against a weak team we go on with it.
This week against a decent team we fold at first point when we were under pressure

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Two missed tackles away from a win. Ronnie f**ked up badly on Tupou and Chad should have done better on Walker. Not Bomber's fault. I don't think we should sign him up tomorrow, but we are a much better team than last year. He has improved us.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Two missed tackles away from a win. Ronnie f**ked up badly on Tupou and Chad should have done better on Walker. Not Bomber's fault. I don't think we should sign him up tomorrow, but we are a much better team than last year. He has improved us.
There will be no improvement we will be lucky too win 2 of next 4, then still under 50 per cent.
He can't coach in pressure games.
It became evident 2019 finals vs manly they had so many out and he didn't get team ready, and since that game it hasn't changed.

Bomber looks to be a coach if U want 7-10th that's him

Jimmy O

Juniors
There will be no improvement we will be lucky too win 2 of next 4, then still under 50 per cent.
He can't coach in pressure games.
It became evident 2019 finals vs manly they had so many out and he didn't get team ready, and since that game it hasn't changed.

Bomber looks to be a coach if U want 7-10th that's him

Agree, not enough has changed. I think he did well to get us by, but at this stage he can’t seem to get them up to a top 4 level. It may be individuals who slack off, but this is NRL. Grit and determination should be played to the last minute. We need a bellyache or a flano to kick some esky lids at them, to make them fearful of walking back to that shed empty handed.

1990 sharkie

Juniors
I don't get why you guys are talking about top 4? Go through the top 5 teams and compare those teams against ours. 1 to 13 out players would rank 5th or 6th in every position. If Johnson was healthy he'd crack top 3 in his position but that's it.

We are not a top 4 team or even a top 6 team. We are 7 to 10 and that's been clear as day for a few years.

If you want top 4 we need a new coach and new players and if the reports are true then coach has to go to get the players

Chimp

Juniors
Just on Brent Read - A few weeks ago on Triple M, he threw Seibolds name up and said the Sharks were looking at him as a replacement for Morris. Paul Kent called him out on it, and Read went to pieces and basically said ‘no, it’s not come from the club, but he’s available, and I think they should be looking at him’ - but his original words were that we WERE looking at him.
I’m no Paul Kent fan, but he did calm him out for trying to look after his mate Seibs

Eion

First Grade
I don't get why you guys are talking about top 4? Go through the top 5 teams and compare those teams against ours. 1 to 13 out players would rank 5th or 6th in every position. If Johnson was healthy he'd crack top 3 in his position but that's it.

We are not a top 4 team or even a top 6 team. We are 7 to 10 and that's been clear as day for a few years.

If you want top 4 we need a new coach and new players and if the reports are true then coach has to go to get the players
The only way this current squad is top 4, is if the full team is on deck...very few injuries.

The point on top 4 and premierships is if we feel bomber is the one to take us there? It’s crystal ball stuff for everyone, including bomber and the board. I’m not putting a line through him, but I’m leaning more and more towards ‘no’.

southland

Juniors
Cameron Ciraldo would be my pick. Under Bellamy ideal:grinning:. Awkward timing but the world has sped up

Bomber was brought into a First Grade job where the club was in a very trying situation. The Flange f**ked us over again, over inflated salaries that made our cap lop-sided, not to mention the cap fine which happened under his (Flange) watch.
Morris had only just started as a first grade assistant coach, one year maybe two? How many current 1st grade coaches have only had a year or two under their belt as being assistants? I know Sticky was one but he had Gus guiding him and once Gus left the situation Ricky got a bit found out in his limitations.
Bomber had a bit of success in the U20's but that to me has always been a bit of a worry as to what happened in that team. They were streets ahead of all the other teams until the finals where they went out in straight sets. It's like a warning shot as to what is going on in Firsts now.
I think he has the making of a very good coach, but I've said it all along, he was coming in three years too early without fulfilling a real apprenticeship. I blame that on the club as they took the cheapest option in getting him in.
I get where the club is coming from in demanding continuous success, its what we, as supporters, want as well.
My other worry in all this is that the last time the club was behaving like this was back in 2001 when they went after, and got, Anderson, thinking that Johnny Lang couldn't bring them the success that was craved. History shows that Langy went on to win a Premiership with the Panthers and Anderson tore the heart out of the club that wouldn't be truly fixed for over 10 years.