What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs the Raiders

hindy111

Post Whore
My take on game.
Critchton was terrible. Made Rookie errors and showed no urgency. Maybe a different game had raiders gone up 12-0.
Too is just a pocket dynamo. When able tonI would give him a rest from time to time.
Staines offers a different style of attack which is great. Mansour was to much a clone of Too.
Momorski has been solid. Cops a hard time on here. He has scored some good tries. But reality is Burton is another level. He has to keep his spot.
Naden and Momorski are talented NRL players but stuck behind better options.

Forwards are lethal. Eisenhuth isn't the impact you could have but he does a good enough job.

When the team starts to roll they are almost impossible to stop.
I see a repeat of last years Grand final.

Abacus

Juniors
Once Edwards & Api are back, I'd have Burton at left centre, Crichton at right centre and Kenny on bench instead of May. Nothing against Mom but I think that gives our strongest side.

Surprised Burton wasn't used in general play kicking given the amount of pressure the Raiders were sending at Cleary.

My take on game.
Critchton was terrible. Made Rookie errors and showed no urgency. Maybe a different game had raiders gone up 12-0.
Too is just a pocket dynamo. When able tonI would give him a rest from time to time.
Staines offers a different style of attack which is great. Mansour was to much a clone of Too.
Momorski has been solid. Cops a hard time on here. He has scored some good tries. But reality is Burton is another level. He has to keep his spot.
Naden and Momorski are talented NRL players but stuck behind better options.

Forwards are lethal. Eisenhuth isn't the impact you could have but he does a good enough job.

When the team starts to roll they are almost impossible to stop.
I see a repeat of last years Grand final.

You can’t see an all Western Sydney affair for this years GF?

hindy111

Post Whore
You can’t see an all Western Sydney affair for this years GF?

Depends if BA changes his style. We do not have the x factor to go with the slick sides like the Storm,Souths or you guys.
But our forwards and big backs can over power anyone. If we played a grinding,slow,patient game that would frustrate sides and not let them roll then certainly a chance. Like the Dogs under Des.
Just unsure if BA can see this.

kyussian

Juniors
my 2 cents with some likely repeated thoughts captured in previous posts
- despite having a horrendous first quarter we still had enough heart to overpower & effectively crush a serious contender. a lot of kudos to our s&c team. there is also a lot of self belief & confidence (something that not associated with our team!) so I can see why outsiders are calling us cocky. we have a lot of energy & love the for the jersey & as long as Ivan et al can channel this we will have a team to give us a strong shot at dominance for years to come!
- we see how much Edwards means to the team now that we're needing to cover for him. his 'off the ball' work is something not given enough credit for. Crichton has so much natural ability which likely comes off as arrogance & lacking urgency because things usually come so easy to him so doesnt have to work hard. Edwards has nowhere the same ability but a lion heart - combining these two players' traits would conceive a beastmode player
- how good is Bizza? such a humble & fun loving spirit but so tough creating so much momentum for us. I'm so happy his persona is shining through. he is trending to be the fan favourite if not already! i know he's short but having him on the wing in Origin is something he's built for imo
- Cleary is running this team wonderfully. his effort plays alongside Luai's x-factor is looking likely to attract Origin attention. good to see his goalkicking has also returned. was looking off for a while there. hopefully he's got that radar back again for good
- Kenny needs some praise for his ability to just come in & play 80m. his first contact is very effective for such a small frame. he's no api but he's doing a great job as backup. this experience will likely make him a target as it's clear he's nrl worthy
- Liam played his best game in a long time. he's looked flat since the back half of last season but he definitely rose to the occasion. if he can replicate that effort then his transition to the middle is looking very convincing indeed
- havent seen the numbers but it looked like the second rowers played longer minutes this week & hopefully was just fatigue which caused Capewell to badly miss those tackles leading to tries. in fact i have noticed both Capewell & Momo fall off tackles here & there so would be interesting to see the missed tackles. not sure if I was looking out for it but definitely caught my attention
- plenty has been made of both Crichton's & Momo's passes leading to tries but it's also good to see passes to quickly shift the ball right at the start of sets to take advantage of space & the rushing defence. I'm sure Staines threw a couple of long passes right after fielding long kicks. another sign of confidence & self belief plus the licence to play eyes up footy
- i agree that we've got a heap of improvement in us with all our unforced errors but it's clear we have the attitude & motivation to put last season behind us to let nothing stop us achieving. hopefully they can pace themselves & we're protected from serious injuries. it's rare feeling confident in our footy team but i'm liking it!!

kinghippo

Juniors
Momorovski won't be getting dropped anytime soon, nor should he.
Ivan would be absolutely over the moon with how he is going.
He had a limited off season with the team, is part of a brand new attacking edge and has improved every game.
He has scored more tries than the centre's on the left and is starting to develop a nice combination with capewell and Staines. He won't be going anywhere except if injured.
I really don't get a few posters biased against him, I don't see any weaknesses in his game at all that can't be explained by being new to the team.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Momorovski won't be getting dropped anytime soon, nor should he.
Ivan would be absolutely over the moon with how he is going.
He had a limited off season with the team, is part of a brand new attacking edge and has improved every game.
He has scored more tries than the centre's on the left and is starting to develop a nice combination with capewell and Staines. He won't be going anywhere except if injured.
I really don't get a few posters biased against him, I don't see any weaknesses in his game at all that can't be explained by being new to the team.

Momo has been great, 1st centre picked at the moment, IMO anyway.
I don’t think he could be doing anymore, his game gets better every week and the boys seem to really like him.

He’s an outstanding addition

WestyLife

First Grade
Did my second watch:

1. Crichton looked a bit better after flick pass to Staines which confirms it's confidence for me.

2. Martin and Lenui were our best forwards by far turning momentum. Maybe Martin has a good future in the middle.

3. To'o is the best winger in the comp.

4. Staines is improving steadily, the Raiders struggled to push him back on the basic hit ups.

5. Cleary is the best player in the game managing tempo and momentum at will.

6. Capewell had a couple of soft missed tackles which was weird.

franklin2323

Immortal
Did my second watch:

1. Crichton looked a bit better after flick pass to Staines which confirms it's confidence for me.

2. Martin and Lenui were our best forwards by far turning momentum. Maybe Martin has a good future in the middle.

3. To'o is the best winger in the comp.

4. Staines is improving steadily, the Raiders struggled to push him back on the basic hit ups.

5. Cleary is the best player in the game managing tempo and momentum at will.

6. Capewell had a couple of soft missed tackles which was weird.

Agree with all except I have Luai the best in the comp

Girds89

Bench
Agree with all except I have Luai the best in the comp

Luai doesn't have the long/mid range kicking game to be the best in the comp.

I think he's right up there, probably behind Munster even though he's playing better than Munster atm.

Cleary has the whole package. Long kicking, short kicking, running, tackling, game play and awareness. He is the best half in the comp.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
F**king hell, I don't actually want him suspended.

Surely our top side has Api/Edwards back with Critta/Momirovski at centre.
Once Edwards & Api are back, I'd have Burton at left centre, Crichton at right centre and Kenny on bench instead of May. Nothing against Mom but I think that gives our strongest side.

Surprised Burton wasn't used in general play kicking given the amount of pressure the Raiders were sending at Cleary.

None of that will happen. May can and does cover most positions except maybe front row. Buron because he's signed elsewhere along with Kenny will drop down to cup.

franklin2323

Immortal
Luai doesn't have the long/mid range kicking game to be the best in the comp.

I think he's right up there, probably behind Munster even though he's playing better than Munster atm.

Cleary has the whole package. Long kicking, short kicking, running, tackling, game play and awareness. He is the best half in the comp.

Cam Smith didn't have the explosive x factor either. Didn't stop him being the best

30 try assists in the last 2 seasons is right up there with the best in the comp right now

Abacus

Juniors
None of that will happen. May can and does cover most positions except maybe front row. Buron because he's signed elsewhere along with Kenny will drop down to cup.
Probably not. I'm not sure why people are enamoured with May. Yes he "covers" positions but maybe only 5/8 with any degree of competence. He's poor defensively and shouldn't be anywhere near dummy-half. I feel like we'd get more with Kenny on the bench & shift Capewell if we lose an outside back mid-game.

Where Burton plays in 2022 should have no bearing on team selections in 2021.

franklin2323

Immortal
Probably not. I'm not sure why people are enamoured with May. Yes he "covers" positions but maybe only 5/8 with any degree of competence. He's poor defensively and shouldn't be anywhere near dummy-half. I feel like we'd get more with Kenny on the bench & shift Capewell if we lose an outside back mid-game.

Where Burton plays in 2022 should have no bearing on team selections in 2021.

May did a decent job at FB and hooker when covering.

If Burton wasn't so tall and could play hooker then May would lose his spot but no chance otherwise

Girds89

Bench
Cam Smith didn't have the explosive x factor either. Didn't stop him being the best

30 try assists in the last 2 seasons is right up there with the best in the comp right now

You are comparing a hooker to a half? Having x factor has nothing to do with being the best in the comp.

Cam Smith could read the game better than anyone. Pretty essential for a half to have a good alround kicking game. Luais long kicking game is by no means bad but he's definitely not up there with the best in regards to that part of his game.

In that same time cleary has had 20 try assists and two more tries than luai..

And he plays 1st reciever, has less time on the ball, attacks mostly on the right (our weakest attacking side).

Luai has the benefit of playing on our strongest side, more time and space and he has kikau who probably half his try assists are through.

Compare things apples for apples mate.

Cleary is the best player in the comp right now. Luai is on fire and is probably in the top 5 but not quite at naths level