What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome Fitzy

Tiger Shark

Bench
You could really see a team with Bomber's attack and Ftizy's defence causing teams serious pain.

Doubt Bomber sticks around

taipan

Referee
One thing for sure when it comes to CEO and coach merry go rounds, we are the Royal Easter Show Dreamworld and Disneyland thrown into one.
If Fitz does get the gig,I'd personally like to see Bomber stay as assistant coach or development manager, for 1 02 years, maybe I'm a dreamer.

Craigshark

First Grade
One thing for sure when it comes to CEO and coach merry go rounds, we are the Royal Easter Show Dreamworld and Disneyland thrown into one.
If Fitz does get the gig,I'd personally like to see Bomber stay as assistant coach or development manager, for 1 02 years, maybe I'm a dreamer.

would love to see him stick around but can’t see it happening unfortunately.

Frenzy.

Immortal
So, domino 1 in place.

If all the other dominos fall people here will be both elated and pissed off at the same time.

PJ

First Grade
Be nice but won't happen.

A) he's just been demoted, effectively told management don't think he's up to it. How many hang around a place after hearing that?

B) if media reports are true Fitzy demanding total control on who support staff are. Can't see him wanting the bloke he replaced hanging around.

snout

First Grade
The perfect solution would be bellamy.
He beings a culture and attitude shift.
He brings his mojo and high expectations.
He brings his gandolph like qualities and his angry butt kicking accountability.
He brings his recruiting power and his ability to get his players to perform to their max.

He oversees it from GC. He zooms the monday video session from there. He flies down the day before game day for final run and tweaking and pre-game / halftime.

Bomber runs bellyaches program during the week. Bomber gets that experience. He is smart enough to administer that and he is loyal.

This is still not dead in the water by the way.

Theres been a few smokescreens in all this.

Weaponhead

Coach
He brings his gandolph like qualities and his angry butt kicking accountability.
He brings his recruiting power and his ability to get his players to perform to their max.

He oversees it from GC. He zooms the monday video session from there. He flies down the day before game day for final run and tweaking and pre-game / halftime.

Bomber runs bellyaches program during the week. Bomber gets that experience. He is smart enough to administer that and he is loyal.

Like it.

Morris seems like a genuinely good bloke with ability in a super tough gig. Its fine for the Board to set an expectation but they haven't provided top 4 resources. That's their job. If they got Bellamy to oversee then Morris would be reasonably expected to deliver to that level.

Craigshark

First Grade

this has been my preference all along since they reported we were after Bellamy.

It seems a more sensible solution .You would be absolutely blind to not realise Morris has done pretty amazing job with what he has to work with . Bellamy would bring a bit of nous about spending money and picking up key players , that Morris has never had experience to develop...... Still reckon Bennets got better credential even at 70 but dont know if hed be interested

Craigshark

First Grade
Article on nrl.com saying cronulla are meeting with Morris’ manager tomorrow. Text message quoted in the article from Dino saying “Morris is our coach. we haven’t signed anyone else.”
SMH article doesn’t say we signed Fitzgibbon it just says he has agreed to terms. hmmm

Don Tweddle

Juniors

IIRC McFadden lost the Warriors head coaching job and then continued as assistant for a couple of years. It happens very rarely but I'd also like to see Bomber stick around if possible. Clearly he has strengths in developing young players.