What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Crowd Watch

Valheru

Coach
Given they draw crowds from Manly to Cronulla as well as the inner west, 29k is pretty shit. And let’s not forget the SCG is rubbish for rugby league

Every man and his dog knew we would struggle with getting a crowd to the SCG over the 3 years but the club took the hit as they still wanted to play in our traditional area.

That new stadium should be fire, especially for the corporates.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Bahaha didn't the swans get 29k at scg. Well done roosters fans
Interesting they got a bigger crowd against us on a Sunday night last week. You’d think this game would be a bigger draw. The scg is not a good ground for rectangle sport we can judge the roosters crowds properly when they have the new one up. I mean if I were a fan I’d go every week because this team is sooo damn entertaining.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Interesting they got a bigger crowd against us on a Sunday night last week. You’d think this game would be a bigger draw. The scg is not a good ground for rectangle sport we can judge the roosters crowds properly when they have the new one up. I mean if I were a fan I’d go every week because this team is sooo damn entertaining.
They probably got a bigger crowd last Sunday night because Monday was a public holiday...

Warriors Fever

Juniors
As for the dogs crowd who can blame? this team has been uncompetitive for years. not just struggling but simply uncompetitive. We need a strong bulldogs as they are potentially the third or even second biggest Sydney team in terms of support if they are competitive.

T-Boon

Coach
Every man and his dog knew we would struggle with getting a crowd to the SCG over the 3 years but the club took the hit as they still wanted to play in our traditional area.

I could understand that if they had a fan base there that traditionally turned up in good numbers. The numbers are unimpressive. They should have used the opportunity to expand.

I bet we won’t be able to count the bump in crowd on here though. If roosters didn’t have Anzac Day and a shiny new stadium...

The_Frog

First Grade
Surely the Warriors move back to Auckland. Are there any restrictions to travel or crowd size over there now?
Phil Gould was saying the other day they'd remain based in Australia for the time being but will take selected games to Auckland. The risk is that a flare-up could see them in quarantine mid-season.

Valheru

Coach
I could understand that if they had a fan base there that traditionally turned up in good numbers. The numbers are unimpressive. They should have used the opportunity to expand.

I think there was a lot of consideration for the corporate side of things in the decision.

I would have liked to seen a few more taken elsewhere but to be fair the club had plans for NSO and Perth but COVID ruined that. Additionally they were a home team for magic round in 2019 and are again this year.

I agree though that a couple more at Gosford this year wouldn't have hurt.

T-Boon

Coach
I agree though that a couple more at Gosford this year wouldn't have hurt.

I actually cant stand the idea of the Roosters trying to take over central coast. I just cant see the connection. The Knights should take over the CC.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
I actually cant stand the idea of the Roosters trying to take over central coast. I just cant see the connection. The Knights should take over the CC.
In what way? Juniors? Games there?
Plenty of knights fans who live there or based from there that I know of

Could be issues getting people in. Or Covid restrictions with hills meant they can only sell so much
nope
Penrith was @ its pre covid capacity of 21K on friday night

there are no restrictions
tigers members have been included in the sellout ... but haven't turned up

the crowd might be 12 to 13K max
very disappointing

Warriors Fever

Juniors
nope
Penrith was @ its pre covid capacity of 21K on friday night

there are no restrictions
tigers members have been included in the sellout ... but haven't turned up

the crowd might be 12 to 13K max
very disappointing
Ah tigers members :thinking: that would be it. LeichArdt has only two entrances so might be taking a while to get everyone in. Having said that if you’re a tigers member and you haven’t gone today of all days, why?

Latest posts