What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

MugaB

Coach
its crap, not appealing to children, sponsors, fans,
an old man face in an old leather helmet, give us a break. get real
Are you taking about the original bombers logo, or what I've adjusted to show the jets bids could be?
Either way you're a bit of an idiot, coz its not a real logo as we are in the mock up section of the forum

Nuke

Staff member
Haha I almost said in my post that I would turn the plane the other way. Then I wondered whether it would look...phallic
I wouldn't think it'd look obviously like that, personally.

This is a logo I did a few years back for the (failed) relaunching of an old WA club. No pun intended, but they didn't get off the ground again.
Their initial logo was in the same style as the REALLY old logos of Newtown, Glebe, Newcastle, ect, so I kept that essence in there but tweaked it, adding a jet to the Jets logo.

Anyway, the point is, the plane's going up, and to me, it doesn't make think of knobs..!

Attachments

• images.jpeg.jpg
    images.jpeg.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 17

I personally think a Jets logo is a difficult brief. They’re cold, metallic objects lacking any emotion and no logo, anywhere in the world I’ve seen, capture the feeling of power and energy which is always going to be difficult in static 2D. So a pilot is a much better direction for me as it brings that obvious human element. However you’ve gone for a design that’s more reminiscent of the golden age of flight. It feels nostalgic and if that’s the look you’re going for, you nailed it but I’m not sure that’s the right fit for a club embarking on a new era. I’m not sure how kids will relate to it. Always a difficult task. What they think is cool now won’t be in five years. I know it’s a mock up and all but I think you might lose some detail if it ever went to embroidery stage or thumbnail size. The Canucks figure would reduce very well for example as the face is basically two simple shapes- forgetting the grey tone line. Great effort, though and you’re definitely capable.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
I personally think a Jets logo is a difficult brief. They’re cold, metallic objects lacking any emotion and no logo, anywhere in the world I’ve seen, capture the feeling of power and energy which is always going to be difficult in static 2D. So a pilot is a much better direction for me as it brings that obvious human element. However you’ve gone for a design that’s more reminiscent of the golden age of flight. It feels nostalgic and if that’s the look you’re going for, you nailed it but I’m not sure that’s the right fit for a club embarking on a new era. I’m not sure how kids will relate to it. Always a difficult task. What they think is cool now won’t be in five years. I know it’s a mock up and all but I think you might lose some detail if it ever went to embroidery stage or thumbnail size. The Canucks figure would reduce very well for example as the face is basically two simple shapes- forgetting the grey tone line. Great effort, though and you’re definitely capable.
Its not my design tho, this is the bombers bid logo.
There was a few folk here who just wanted to see what it could look like as the merged brisbane jets bid logo, so all i've done is change any orange/red to green and change the "Bombers" text to "Brisbane" then add jets at the bottom
20210412_102120.jpg

Last edited:
Its not my design tho, this is the bombers bid logo.
There was a few folk here who just wanted to see what it could look like as the merged brisbane jets bid logo, so all i've done is change any orange/red to green and change the "Bombers" text to "Brisbane" then add jets at the bottom
View attachment 47508

I see. Done well. I’ve looked back at past posts. Agree with the colour and name change. I don’t agree with making Brisbane the dominant word, though. In this case, I would hero the monica which is the first differentiator against their more established rival. When they play against Broncos, both sets of fans aren’t going to be yelling, “go Brisbane!” for example. I still think, regardless jets/bombers, they should be going for a more modern look. Just my thoughts.

Off track. I still think the white bunny logo is the benchmark. It sits just as comfortably on kids lunch boxes or daggy pencil cases as it would on the back windshield of a BMW or Range Rover.

I hate Rusty but introducing that Piggins retro jersey with the half rabbit is the single best piece of marketing genius I’ve seen in the game so far. People who wouldn’t know the history, would’ve been compelled to at least ask why there’s a half rabbit. Then a conversation begins. That’s what you can do when you nail a logo. The high water-mark for me

Last edited:

hrundi99

First Grade
Winnipeg Jets?

1200px-Winnipeg_Jets_Logo_2011.svg.png

thumb.jpg

wazdog

Juniors

This is not specifically feedback on the concept, but I don't get why there needs to be a smaller Brydens Lawyers logo above the Blues logo in addition to having Toohey's new on the front when its already on both sides. The Brydens logo would be barely visible on TV and the Tooheys New sleeve logos already would get enough visibility.

I would also put The Star logo where the Puma logo is and then put the Puma logos on the upper sleeve on both sides similar to how manufacturers do it on club jerseys. Removes the clutter from the front of the jersey.

On the back why is there a need to put The Star logo in a box? The Star also sponsor Sydney FC and they don't seem to do it on that jersey.

Last edited:

hrundi99

First Grade
This is not specifically feedback on the concept, but I don't get why there needs to be a smaller Brydens Lawyers logo above the Blues logo in addition to having Toohey's new on the front when its already on both sides. The Brydens logo would be barely visible on TV and the Tooheys New sleeve logos already would get enough visibility.

I would also put The Star logo where the Puma logo is and then put the Puma logos on the upper sleeve on both sides similar to how manufacturers do it on club jerseys. Removes the clutter from the front of the jersey.

On the back why is there a need to put The Star logo in a box? The Star also sponsor Sydney FC and they don't seem to do it on that jersey.

It's for head and shoulders media interviews.

Latest posts