What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Another solid victory. The first 10 minutes couldn't have been worse with young Walker learning some defensive lessons.

I just like how after the first 2 tries we didn't panic and grinded out the next 50 minutes whilst winning the battle in the middle and the points came due to some wonderful poise by Walker. Anyone who doubts our decision to let Flano go need look no further than last night.

Jared was immense apart from the silly penalty and I really like Liu at prop too. I think that is his future given rads will be lock.

Defence was great after the first 10 minutes with the only other try being rather fortuitous. I'm really liking what I am seeing from a team with a huge injury toll whom is just finding a way to win whilst the combinations get worked out.

3 JWH
2 Walker
1 Liu

Anyone else looking forward to next week? At 4-1 this is a free hit in a game we arent expected to win. It must be our longest odds in a game since 2016 and I reckon we are a better show than the odds suggest albeit I don't think we will win. Either way it will be another step in the development of Walker.

The hooker position has reached a crisis point. If they can't get Marschke off Robbo has hinted at an SG Ball player given lussick is gone. I don't think that is the wisest decision against Melbourne and we have no choice but to put Hutch there with Manu at 6 and Ikuvalu in the backs.

3 JWH
2 Walker
1 SST

I think it’s been a while since Jared got top honours but you couldn’t deny him last night. Whether he likes it or not, coming off the bench is the best thing for him at this stage of his career. Love the big merkin. I struggled with points after him cos everybody stood up. Rads, Liu, Sitilli, Toops got through a mountain of work or yards. Hutcho’s try got us back into the game and SST’s kicking kept us in the hunt but Sammortal’s last twenty minutes was something to behold. Couldn’t stop smiling all the way home.

Valheru, I think you’re right with your positional changes re Marschke’s possible suspension btw, does anyone think he’s a little unlucky? We’ve seen a few times this year where the attacker spins and backs into defenders and fall, with the next defender coming in a crusher is inevitable, you’d think. Don’t know what can be done in that situation.

Can’t see us winning next week but that’s okay. Just hope we give a good account of ourselves - especially in defence and Sam’s education proceeds without too many psychological bumps. Robbo has already started the mind games declaring that Storm will likely target Sam.

Happy rugby league

I think what happens at hooker may depend on whether Lindsay Collins is available. If he is, it could be Collins to prop, Lui back to lock and Rads to hooker. That is another option.

I hope Rads stays where he is. He’s got a good thing going with the halves atm and we need as much stability that area as possible, although it is an option.

Headless Chook

Juniors
3. Jared
2. Sam Walker
1. Angus

As Val has identified I’m tipping they’ll go the way of moving Hutchison to 9 and Manu to 6 to partner Walker. Manu will obviously get his hands on the ball a lot more there than he has of late which should create opportunities to run the ball a lot more. I guess the concern is what sort of kicking game we’ll see. Hmmm?

I don’t give us much of a chance next week, too many interruptions. But if any coach can get a team up it’s Robbo.

H.H

Juniors
3 - Radley
2 - JWH
1 - Walker

Rads won us the game. Everything Walker did game off the back of the space Radley created for him. Criminally underrated as a player.

Headless Chook

Juniors
3 - Radley
2 - JWH
1 - Walker

Rads won us the game. Everything Walker did game off the back of the space Radley created for him. Criminally underrated as a player.
Rads has returned refreshed and fit which is a blessing considering our injuries, both long term and terminal. Something to smile about.

I think the media’s fascination with his defensive aggression overshadows just how good he is with the other things he does during games which I agree goes largely unnoticed.

'Rads' deserved to get one of the Dally M votes in my opinion.

He is going to have to be at his very best and most influential if we are to be any chance tomorrow night.