What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5: Eels v Dragons GAME DAY THREAD @ BankWest Stadium 11/4/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eelogical

Referee
We were blown away from the onset. Dragons showed up our deficiencies and good for them. So much for our 'patience' philosophy.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
First, horrible game, attack not defence cost us. Very disappointing!! Dragons wanted it more! Nothing good from the game except no injuries.

But not concerned just yet (waiting for sack BA posts ....), losses like this happen (Roosters lost to manly, south’s to broncos, Raiders to knights first 4 rounds last year), next week will show where we are at ......but we do need a big attitude adjustment!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’m not too concerned to be honest. Saints have been tremendous and we are a bit off.

I’m also drinking gin which makes me more relaxed.
Yep it's just one game. No team is up every week. I'm confident we'll have a good season but I thought the Dragons were a good chance this week. I just won $80 and might buy a watch.

IFR33K

Coach
First, horrible game, attack not defence cost us. Very disappointing!! Dragons wanted it more! Nothing good from the game except no injuries.

But not concerned just yet (waiting for sack BA posts ....), losses like this happen (Roosters lost to manly, south’s to broncos, Raiders to knights first 4 rounds last year), next week will show where we are at ......but we do need a big attitude adjustment!!

Which year did roosters loss to manly?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Well we made more offloads, more metres, same line line breaks, all with 20 less runs...,shows how frantic we were and how our halves didn’t take control .....

Chipmunk

Coach
At the start of the season we were likely to finish somewhere in the top 6 and go out in week 1 or 2 of the Finals.

After 5 weeks, we're likely ikely to finish somewhere in the top 6 and go out in week 1 or 2 of the Finals.

There isn't too much to get enthused over either way to be honest.

lucablight

First Grade
I don’t think we’ve been great this season aside from the Storm game. Struggled against last years wooden spooners, struggled to put away the sharks who had no bench for the entire second half and fell over the line against a poor Tigers team that lost to the Cowboys. Our record has been very flattering and this was a good reality check.

Avenger

Immortal
Again they don’t aim up when there’s a big game on the line. Dragons were going to bring the heat and we just weren’t in the game. Coaches fault for not getting them up for the game
Come on Jake. We were well on our way to come back when that try was taken away from us. This is not BA’s fault. They just started better and when we got back into the game our only focus in attack was Gutherson.

It was again a game where a smart halfback gets you back into the contest and the only thing he can do is bomb. FFS compose yourself and get a repeat set. Dylan Brown is better than Moses and he is only 20.

I’d be seriously looking at Adam Reynolds or even Shaun Johnson before waiting for a 27 year old halfback to finally hit his peak.

Moses is so overrated it’s not funny.

T-Boon

Coach
That and out enthused. We would be at long odds to even come near the Raiders next week based on that performance and our history in their wasteland.

yeah I don’t even watch ouR Canberra away games, I traditionally schedule go karting with the boys. As a club we make a point of not turning up there. It’s tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts