What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5: Eels v Dragons GAME DAY THREAD @ BankWest Stadium 11/4/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I’d even be tempted to buy Dufty and play him at fullback, Gutho at 6 and Brown at 7.

I know plenty will disagree but Milford needs a change, can play (at fullback) , BA may just be the man....has the x-factor we are missing ...and cheap

Bandwagon

Staff member
Dragons deserved that win, but, I reckon if not for the bullshit call on Paulo we run with momentum and take that.

Anyways, next week.

JokerEel

Coach
We were to sideways tonight especially when the Dragons wingers were covering us..

On to the next game...

We need to have Hipgrave on the bench next week instead of Stone and Smith assuming Matto is back as well..

T-Boon

Coach
I thought the refs were fine. I think poupou is right you need to be prepared to concede 6 packs in exchange for quick line speed.
But we have never been that high octain, enthusiastic kind of team under Arthur.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I know plenty will disagree but Milford needs a change, can play (at fullback) , BA may just be the man....has the x-factor we are missing ...and cheap

Sorry mate, but this is the worst post in the history of posts that were posted.

Milford is broken. He has less heart than Darius.

Eelogical

Referee
I agree we are missing an X factor but when we have too many with two Y chromosomes in our team things won't change much. Amirite Hiney?

T-Boon

Coach
Lane is such a useless sloth of an edge forward that teams basically give him space and what look like linebreaks because they know he cannot make anything out of them.

eels_fan

First Grade
They just wanted it more.

When we had chances we showed no patience which was at quite a contrast to how we played the last 3-4 weeks.

The Gutho no try was absolute BS, and I think they were lucky not to down to 11 because even after Sims was binned they gave away another 2 set restarts, but the ref was too gutless to make the correct call.

It’s a big wake up call though, think the boys got a bit ahead of themselves.

Come on Jake. We were well on our way to come back when that try was taken away from us. This is not BA’s fault. They just started better and when we got back into the game our only focus in attack was Gutherson.

It was again a game where a smart halfback gets you back into the contest and the only thing he can do is bomb. FFS compose yourself and get a repeat set. Dylan Brown is better than Moses and he is only 20.

I’d be seriously looking at Adam Reynolds or even Shaun Johnson before waiting for a 27 year old halfback to finally hit his peak.

Moses is so overrated it’s not funny.

disagree we were 18 nil down and not even in the game. Coach didn’t have the team prepared for the game. Blind Freddy could see that the dragons were going to come out and bash us. And we just let them. Totally outplayed and out coached. It’s typical BA in big games. He fails to motivate the players.

Delboy

First Grade
Just back from the game, to be honest the better team won and we were far too slow from the start.

Having said that, with Atkins as ref and the incomparable Perenara as video ref, that just about nailed it. Dragons just did enough, slowed very play the ball down to test the ref, and got away with some awful video ref decisions. I thought Klein was bad in that role, Henry has got him covered easily. Said when Gutho,scored off the Brown pass, that we would still lose by 2, haven’t seen the replay as the game will be difficult to watch, but on the way home they called the no try awful and the turning point of the game.

Needs a a massive attitude change ahead of the Canberra game, as any drop on enthusiasm will see us nailed to the mast. Can see why they are reluctant to up Fergo, had opportunities that would have been tries 2 years ago, and his game has deteriorated each season, won’t get paid big bucks by anyone I would think.

Pugzley

Condolences, fellas. And now, there’s one.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.