What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs North Qld @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 5: Wests Tigers v North Qld

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WA Tiger

Bench
Honestly though.... how can you blame Magde for that debacle ? He is probably more pissed off then all of the supporters combined . Today had zero to do with structure,game plans, mistakes or refs... it was down to effort heart and commitment .. the 2nd half was just a chuck it and see ,nothing to lose downhill ski which made the score seem relatively close ,,, but they were f**king garbage regardless of the scoreline.
AND f**k YOU PASCOE . Hope you cashed in with the ticket scam. .. praying its f**king empty next game .
I hope they let you know before you arrived that you had been transferred to the cheep seats ..I mean even if they did that would have been bad enough..

That's all true but the effort ..heart and commitment part is still on the coach ...it's absolutely his job to instill that.

As an accredited and authorised Madge-watcher, I think he knows he’s close to Valhalla.

He could barely contain his contempt for his group.

I don’t blame him for these homicidal thoughts.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’m seeing a lot of posters lay into the social media team. I get that these guys have a job to do, and they aren’t the ones missing tackles and dropping balls, but seriously read the f*#king room.

The post after today ‘We’ll get through this together’

Are you actually fcking serious? I’ve been a season ticket holder since 2003. 3 of my clothes drawers are full of West Tigers jerseys/jumpers/hats/scarves etc. Over the years I have missed friends/families Birthdays, left work early, numerous social occasions, weddings etc to attend games. I organized a tv to be at my own wedding as we had a game on (luckily my wife’s family are all WTs fans). Every day game I go too I’m missing time with my daughter. I estimate I’ve spent over $20k/$25k of my money over these years to support this team.

Now no one is forcing me to do this, it’s entirely my own choice, I certainly know I’m not on my own in this and there would be people who have committed way more time and funds to this club then me.

I can 100% tell you that we are NOT fcking in this together. This is entirely a one way relationship. The club is contributing zero good to any supporters lives, frankly if you didn’t exist I would be a lot happier.

We have 18k members and today sold out the ground to an out of state team. We have made the finals 3 times in 21 years in a comp where 50% wins get you there. That is absolutely disgusting.

As a club you don’t deserve a single one of us. Any other club would be struggling to get 10k members with those results.

Pandering this ‘we’re in this together’ shit? That made me as furious as the result did today. Seriously get fcked. Done.

Das Hassler

Bench
I’m seeing a lot of posters lay into the social media team. I get that these guys have a job to do, and they aren’t the ones missing tackles and dropping balls, but seriously read the f*#king room.

Are you actually fcking serious? I’ve been a season ticket holder since 2003. 3 of my clothes drawers are full of West Tigers jerseys/jumpers/hats/scarves etc. Over the years I have missed friends/families Birthdays, left work early, numerous social occasions, weddings etc to attend games. I organized a tv to be at my own wedding as we had a game on (luckily my wife’s family are all WTs fans). Every day game I go too I’m missing time with my daughter. I estimate I’ve spent over $20k/$25k of my money over these years to support this team.

Now no one is forcing me to do this, it’s entirely my own choice, I certainly know I’m not on my own in this and there would be people who have committed way more time and funds to this club then me.

I can 100% tell you that we are NOT fcking in this together. This is entirely a one way relationship. The club is contributing zero good to any supporters lives, frankly if you didn’t exist I would be a lot happier.

We have 18k members and today sold out the ground to an out of state team. We have made the finals 3 times in 21 years in a comp where 50% wins get you there. That is absolutely disgusting.

As a club you don’t deserve a single one of us. Any other club would be struggling to get 10k members with those results.

Pandering this ‘we’re in this together’ shit? That made me as furious as the result did today. Seriously get fcked. Done.

Which leads me to Madge's ( not for the first time) .." This is not what Wests Tigers are about". ....really?....actually it EXACTLY IS what Wests Tigers are about ....hence the 3 / 21 and no finals in 10 years part !!

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member

Vic ... well said , i can honestly say i have always respected everything you have to say about WT's & rugby league in general but its very very rare that you would write with that much negativity and disdain toward the club. Im guessing you are at a crossroads now with the club ?
I canceled a long term membership last week , although they want their shitty chinese merch back before they return my money its finished , 4 regulars to matches Gone and they didnt even fight to try keep me ... just accepted it within a second .. pretty much as weak as the team we throw our money toward.
Anyway its a blessing in disguise , the club has now shown its filthy greedy hand and made it very easy to finally disconnect my committment to this shithole.

stryker

First Grade

Very good post Vic.
Passionate and strongly worded.
I feel the pain of you guys who go to the games and in a small way I can relate. I myself cannot make it to games due to my location but as an out of state member for many years now, I ask myself “why bother?”
Coincidently I go to 3 or 4 Cowboys home games most years and they are my second team. I wasn’t unhappy to see them play so well in the first 40 which was a stark juxtaposition to my feelings towards the Tigers and their efforts.
This club is a joke. The merger a failure. The famous traits of Balmain and Western Suburbs all but a distant memory. This club stands for nothing. It has no culture. It preys upon its supporters/fans and tells us it’s raining when in reality we are being pissed upon. The players are mercenaries, either securing their last pay check which no one else offered, or using us as a springboard to a decent club. You watch young Laurie piss off before his contract expires...
Players break contracts willy nilly and then bag the joint out publically.
It’s almost becoming a comedy and I also cannot see an end in sight. Rock bottom hasn’t been realised yet, but it is well and truly overdue and on its way.
It’ll be hard to get the spoon off the dogs this year as they don’t look likely to win many but we’ll be thereabouts.

WA Tiger

Bench
Which leads me to Madge's ( not for the first time) .." This is not what Wests Tigers are about". ....really?....actually it EXACTLY IS what Wests Tigers are about ....hence the 3 / 21 and no finals in 10 years part !!
I just watched madges post match interview and he’s a shell of a man/coach… he didn’t answer questions when he should have …he couldn’t identify anything about what went wrong apart from vague and generalised statements like ‘defence’ and really nothing and no idea how to fix it except “the 2nd team is doing ok at the moment” FK OFF MADGE THIS IS ALL YOU MF!!!

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
Weststigers club officials need to get their heads out of the official forum and have a read here with the unbiased opinions without heroic childish puppets dictating the agenda

It's evident that after today when we hit rock bottom, we get the jackhammer out. Any time these merkins are expected to live up to the hype they fold like a cheap suit.

It doesn't matter if we sack Madge. It won't change. We have been through five coaches now since we last saw finals footy and the results are the same.

I stopped renewing a few years ago. A combination of reasons but this determination to be as average as we can possibly be on field has been one of the major factors in not renewing.

In a competition that is designed to spread the talent and ensure teams should see finals footy at least once every few years this club have to take it to the next level and prove that it is indeed possible to miss the finals for a decade.

Finally, in a game that was meant to honour a bloke who epitomised toughness, resilience and playing for the love of the game we hand the cellar dwellers 22 head start into the second 40.

They ought to be drilled all week at training. f**k the softcocks and their eggshells. If they sook, work them harder. Could have fielded a 17 out of the forum members here and they would have aimed up for the occasion.

macnaz

Staff member
Weststigers club officials need to get their heads out of the official forum and have a read here with the unbiased opinions without heroic childish puppets dictating the agenda

Vic Mackey

Referee
I canceled a long term membership last week , although they want their shitty chinese merch back before they return my money its finished , 4 regulars to matches Gone and they didnt even fight to try keep me ... just accepted it within a second .. pretty much as weak as the team we throw our money toward.
Anyway its a blessing in disguise , the club has now shown its filthy greedy hand and made it very easy to finally disconnect my committment to this shithole.

Cheers for the kind words mate, right back at you.

That is completely shocking to me. Did they not even make a phone call? Like surely there needs to be a system where the call is escalated and someone higher up calls to see what can be done?

stryker

First Grade
The memberships department has always been low grade incompetent but fair dinkum you don’t just roll over when a member quits.
They should have pestered you to change your mind. Sorry to hear they couldn’t have given a shit.

Latest posts