What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome Fitzy

And that is
I suspect in this case Management know a lot more than we do about the strategic plan than we do
ALWAYS the standard reply , which I used to accept without question But at 65 yrs old I have seen a lot of so called" strategic plans "come to Shite , and the obvious questions about them Never explained

And that is

ALWAYS the standard reply , which I used to accept without question But at 65 yrs old I have seen a lot of so called" strategic plans "come to Shite , and the obvious questions about them Never explained
Well I guess it’s trust Dino or follow Bomber if he does leave.
Personally, I’ll wait for all the missing pieces to fall into place before I make any wild judgements.

Well I guess it’s trust Dino or follow Bomber if he does leave.
Personally, I’ll wait for all the missing pieces to fall into place before I make any wild judgements.
Im not making Wild judgements either. But if they are so confident that they are making right decisions ,set some KPIs for themselves and if they fail , Fall on their swords ..... NEVER see that sort of thing happen. Its just a "wait and see " till it fails and we can find someone else to blame and some more excuses why our decisions came to shite.

Last edited:

Eion

First Grade
Im not making Wild judgements either. But if they are so confident that they are making right decisions ,set some KPIs for themselves and if they fail , Fall on their swords ..... NEVER see that sort of thing happen. Its just a "wait and see " till it fails and we can find someone else to blame and some more excuses why our decisions came to shite.
They’ve made a call that bomber is not a top tier coach, and that Fitz will be. I happen to agree that bomber is not at top tier level yet, maybe he will be in a few years, but not yet. I simply don’t know enough about Fitz to have an opinion, though a lot speak highly of him.

That’s why the board are are in their positions, to make those calls.

If it’s a clusterf**k then the board will answer to it at re-election as always. At least they’ve got the ambition and cajones to have a crack and not accept mediocrity.

They’ve made a call that bomber is not a top tier coach, and that Fitz will be. I happen to agree that bomber is not at top tier level yet, maybe he will be in a few years, but not yet. I simply don’t know enough about Fitz to have an opinion, though a lot speak highly of him.

That’s why the board are are in their positions, to make those calls.

If it’s a clusterf**k then the board will answer to it at re-election as always. At least they’ve got the ambition and cajones to have a crack and not accept mediocrity.

And who put them in those positions and WHY ? Michael Ennis doesnt seem too impressed with whats going on ... Like I said What da F**k do these board members have in their resumes to give anyone confidence they would know didley squat what it takes to win a game of park footy ,let alone an nrl grand final ? I wait with baited breath to see reaction of the squad and the coaches .

When you are headed in the right direction You dont turn around cause some iriot with personal agendas says he is the messiah . If you want biblical quotes about what to beleive I think paul said ... Believe that which is proven ! Hold fast that which is good .

Ads

First Grade
When you are headed in the right direction You dont turn around cause some iriot with personal agendas says he is the messiah . If you want biblical quotes about what to beleive I think paul said ... Believe that which is proven ! Hold fast that which is good .
What direction are we headed under Morris though? Seems he’s standing still a bit. Not bad, not great. There’s been all kinds of talk he can’t attract talent by agents and media (who knows). Still yet to beat a top team and now 2 from 5 to start the year. He’s not really pushing the case to re-sign him. The problem for him is his contract is up. If he had another year they wouldn’t sack him cause again he isn’t doing a bad job but at some point decisions have to be made and we have some ambitious people in charge and they are going to try something else. Bring it on. This club has a history of apathy and this is anything but.

Eion

First Grade
And who put them in those positions and WHY ? Michael Ennis doesnt seem too impressed with whats going on ... Like I said What da F**k do these board members have in their resumes to give anyone confidence they would know didley squat what it takes to win a game of park footy ,let alone an nrl grand final ? I wait with baited breath to see reaction of the squad and the coaches .
We, the members, put them in charge...unless you’re not a member.

Craigshark

First Grade
What direction are we headed under Morris though? Seems he’s standing still a bit. Not bad, not great. There’s been all kinds of talk he can’t attract talent by agents and media (who knows). Still yet to beat a top team and now 2 from 5 to start the year. He’s not really pushing the case to re-sign him. The problem for him is his contract is up. If he had another year they wouldn’t sack him cause again he isn’t doing a bad job but at some point decisions have to be made and we have some ambitious people in charge and they are going to try something else. Bring it on. This club has a history of apathy and this is anything but.

I am completely on board with the opinion of no longer accepting mediocrity. I feel as much as he was a snake in the end a big part of us winning the comp was because of Lyall and his acceptance for nothing but winning attitude. I was over the whole attitude of “well we made the finals so that’s a good year” a longgg time ago.

the slight difference I feel in this case is that Morris has had a pretty shit squad with salary cap problems, injuries, drug scandals etc and still managed to keep the team competitive and limp in to the finals. A goal kick here and there and we’d never hear about this not beating a top 8 team thing. I feel like most probably wanted to see him at least given a chance with his own squad without all the distractions which I feel he has earned. What he has done with some of our young players has been nothing short of amazing. I’d like to find out who else has knocked us back because Morris may be the coach cause if a player of Shaun Johnsons caliber speaks highly of him that kind of says something. In 2 years if we still haven’t improved, we move on. It’s not like there is ever a shortage of coaches hanging around waiting for a job. Fitzgibbon is a huge risk given where he is coming from and what he is use to. Hopefully it doesn’t backfire, guess we’ll have to wait and see.

I am completely on board with the opinion of no longer accepting mediocrity. I feel as much as he was a snake in the end a big part of us winning the comp was because of Lyall and his acceptance for nothing but winning attitude. I was over the whole attitude of “well we made the finals so that’s a good year” a longgg time ago.

the slight difference I feel in this case is that Morris has had a pretty shit squad with salary cap problems, injuries, drug scandals etc and still managed to keep the team competitive and limp in to the finals. A goal kick here and there and we’d never hear about this not beating a top 8 team thing. I feel like most probably wanted to see him at least given a chance with his own squad without all the distractions which I feel he has earned. What he has done with some of our young players has been nothing short of amazing. I’d like to find out who else has knocked us back because Morris may be the coach cause if a player of Shaun Johnsons caliber speaks highly of him that kind of says something. In 2 years if we still haven’t improved, we move on. It’s not like there is ever a shortage of coaches hanging around waiting for a job. Fitzgibbon is a huge risk given where he is coming from and what he is use to. Hopefully it doesn’t backfire, guess we’ll have to wait and see.
Get where you are coming from Craigshark. But in all seriousness, is Bomber going to attract the talent the Sharks need now or in the future to take this club to the standards of the top 4 squads? I doubt it to be honest.

Can Fitzy do that? That is the really interesting part in all this. To some degree he probably can, but what is the club putting in place to further support that?

interesting times ahead

Take a hit for us all BBB and report back. No sense us all going down into the mine shaft.
100% it’s difficult to climb back out after you go there

He’s going to be painful as usual
He has twisted his narrative to be more about the club being transparent with Bomber and how it is disrespectful etc.
He tried to use the approach to Bellamy as an example. We all know that he's still dirty on missing out on that story when it's his club, without mentioning how well the club kept the story quiet.
All to be expected. He sounds like he's about to cry as he has now realised he is out of the loop of the Sharks going ons. That De La connection must've been lost, not to mention the Flange conduit.

He has twisted his narrative to be more about the club being transparent with Bomber and how it is disrespectful etc.
He tried to use the approach to Bellamy as an example. We all know that he's still dirty on missing out on that story when it's his club, without mentioning how well the club kept the story quiet.
All to be expected. He sounds like he's about to cry as he has now realised he is out of the loop of the Sharks going ons. That De La connection must've been lost, not to mention the Flange conduit.
Thanks BBB

Craigshark

First Grade
Get where you are coming from Craigshark. But in all seriousness, is Bomber going to attract the talent the Sharks need now or in the future to take this club to the standards of the top 4 squads? I doubt it to be honest.

Can Fitzy do that? That is the really interesting part in all this. To some degree he probably can, but what is the club putting in place to further support that?

interesting times ahead

hopefully Bellamy.

Weaponhead

Coach
The subtext appears to be the Fitz is one part of the solution to attract quality talent. Need to see the other parts come to fruition to assess.

Morris has been a good development coach but can he build a squad to contend? Can Fitzgibbon do that? Both are unproven.

By setting a top 4 expectation, its on the board to provide resources and personnel to deliver. Without those in place, expectations are just wishes.

Latest posts