What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R5 eels

Dragon David

First Grade
It is so good to follow a team with some heart. If they make mistakes so be it but now we know what they are capable of.
Now we just need to be able to bet the refs. We actually got away with some decisions.
Those 6 agains close to our line wasn't much chop for us. Overall though, we got much of the rub of the green for a change. Even the pass from Clune to Dufty for the try was a bit dubious.

carltonsouth79

First Grade
I just got back from the game. I couldn’t tell if I was watching the dragons or Melbourne play. Wow. What a difference a new coach and a couple of good centres make. These boys are playing out of their skins...quick question...were there any injuries? I saw Clune leave the game early.
Blake reportedly has a cork so hopefully ok for next week. Adam went off for HIA after second dubious tackle from Gutherson. Not sure how he pulled up:fingers_crossed:

blacksafake

First Grade
Great win & I’m always ecstatic when we beat the eels.
No point getting carried away but the signs that they were improving have been there since round 1 & tonight showed how much they have. The confidence the boys get out of tonight will be immense.
I really enjoy sitting amongst their supporters & listening to them whinging & bagging their own players.

qld redvee

Juniors
probably been mentioned earlier but how f ing great is it to watch the mighty dragons play with heart and committment makes you proud to be in that number !!!!!!!!!!!! compared to the trash that was dished up when no name was in charge ..
what a difference a coach makes ... and a very astute pick by hook to have gentle as defence coach hasnt he done something great ...
lets hope for JDB and mcguire to come thru ...

OH WHEN THE SAINTS ........................

blacksafake

First Grade
This win feels good since every expert and podcast was tipping us to lose this, giving us no chance. In the top 4 where we belong boys.
Don’t worry all those so called experts will say that the eels were poor & give very little credit to us. I’m fine with this, less expectations the better.
Under the radar.

redv13

Bench
Great win & I’m always ecstatic when we beat the eels.
No point getting carried away but the signs that they were improving have been there since round 1 & tonight showed how much they have. The confidence the boys get out of tonight will be immense.
I really enjoy sitting amongst their supporters & listening to them whinging & bagging their own players.
Hope you enjoyed every minute of that mate. Cracking performance

redv13

Bench
Gutherson try was bullshit. My understanding is a second attacking player cannot assist in putting the ball down. Moses was the one who drove the ball into the ground. Don’t want to be greedy but should have been 26-6
Yep you’re right. He was held up until Moses gets involved and even then it was a really ugly put down. But f**k em, the boys pumped them from wo to go!! Fantastic performance

matPORTS

Juniors
For me that was one of the best efforts since the Wayne Bennett era.

The coaching staff provided a game plan which was well executed.
We scrambled well in defense.
We looked calm and in control for the full 80mins.
Notables & Mentions - well every player had a say in the victory, even Tariq getting himself a sin bin is only going to help further build our defensive resolve (under Mary I've no doubt we would have crumbled tonight having gone down at a man).
Our less experienced players continue to develop into very astute footballers - Ramsey, Rava, Clune.

Despite us getting the rub of the green with some of the calls, I thought Parra also had their chances to try and get back into it. The game was camped down the northern end for most of the second half. Unfortunately Parra's undoing over the last couple of years was also their undoing again tonight. They don't look good unless they have the scoreboard ticking over.

First time out at Bankwest. Great stadium and will also get out to the game there against the Tigers in late May. Yep, I also was warned that the Eels fans would be whingey. Some Eels supporting mates snuck me into one of the members bays. When Tariq got binned and they were all heckling I just laughed, and then laughed some more as they made all their errors during the bulk of that ten minute passage.

Looking forward to getting back out to Kogarah next Sunday !