What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Penrith games

age.s

First Grade
I'm happy for Hook. For all the shit he got here the core of this incredible team either debuted or played the majority of their formative career under him. He may not have been the guy to take us to the next level, but his paws are all over the success we're having now and I'm not surprised he's improved the Dragons considerably.

maple_69

Bench
I think the current way the game is played really suits Hooks style. The Dragons are fit, aggressive and disciplined. They don’t have the roster to compete with the top 4 but those qualities alone will set them apart from the rest of the chasing pack. Great coach for where they’re at and hopefully he’s more open to getting help this time and might actually stick for them.

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm happy for Hook. For all the shit he got here the core of this incredible team either debuted or played the majority of their formative career under him. He may not have been the guy to take us to the next level, but his paws are all over the success we're having now and I'm not surprised he's improved the Dragons considerably.

Never got the hate. Debuted plenty of guys here but never had a stable spine and had Gus whiteanting him.

If he gets this rabble into the 8 should be coach of the year

franklin2323

Immortal
I think the current way the game is played really suits Hooks style. The Dragons are fit, aggressive and disciplined. They don’t have the roster to compete with the top 4 but those qualities alone will set them apart from the rest of the chasing pack. Great coach for where they’re at and hopefully he’s more open to getting help this time and might actually stick for them.

There is got to be more to that. Like did he get told you have x person assisting you rather then choosing himself

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m not sure why anyone would be surprised by Hook turning around the Dragons fortunes.

He got us to three semi finals seasons in his time with us.

Fair achievement even if some think he should have done better.

Im not surprised in the least the Dragons are travelling OK. It’s early days, five games in.

betcats

Referee
Well done hook.

Eels must getting over Brad Arthur, they are such a frustrating team on regards to their form. Why bring carty on down 12 nil? Why pick him at all tbh but f**k me 12 nil is the worst time to throw him on. Carty is done after that performance, all the talk of him training the house down again was bullshit, he plays the exact same as he did at the Titans.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well done hook.

Eels must getting over Brad Arthur, they are such a frustrating team on regards to their form. Why bring carty on down 12 nil? Why pick him at all tbh but f**k me 12 nil is the worst time to throw him on. Carty is done after that performance, all the talk of him training the house down again was bullshit, he plays the exact same as he did at the Titans.

Arthur is the worst coach in the comp. it is the same thing over and over. No hard workers and it is why they are where they are

mxlegend99

Referee
Seems Hook can beat Top 4 sides
He hasn't beaten a top 4 side for 2021 yet though. Panthers. Storm. Souths are pretty much certainly in the top 4.

Roosters, Raiders and possibly Titans will be fighting for that 4th spot.

Eels aren't a top 4 side this season. Eels have a couple of wins due to luck with opposition injuries and a soft draw. Their win over Storm is the exception. Broncos were smashing them in Round 1 before injuries piled up and forced a reshuffle. Eels belong on 6th or 7th.

Dragons look like the Panthers of old. Will beat the shit teams most weeks. But I don't see them matching the top 3 sides atleast. The fight for the last top 4 spot is a bit weaker though with the Roosters injuries opening things up.

Dragons fans will rightfully be happy for the first year. But eventually they'll want to be a title contender and not just happy scraping into finals and going out in the second week.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well done hook.

To be fair there wasn't much chance of Moses creating anything. Mr flat track bully really doesn't have it in him to turn a game around.

Carty made a couple of mistakes but genuinely looked more likely to make something happen than his halves did. 113m gained off the bench, 38 tackles for only 2 misses. He was among their more effective players. Eels made 14 errors but Carty only made one of them and gave away a penalty that was extremely unlucky to be honest.

He wouldn't fit in our team anymore. But he was far from Eels worst.

franklin2323

Immortal
He hasn't beaten a top 4 side for 2021 yet though. Panthers. Storm. Souths are pretty much certainly in the top 4.

Roosters, Raiders and possibly Titans will be fighting for that 4th spot.

Eels aren't a top 4 side this season. Eels have a couple of wins due to luck with opposition injuries and a soft draw. Their win over Storm is the exception. Broncos were smashing them in Round 1 before injuries piled up and forced a reshuffle. Eels belong on 6th or 7th.

Dragons look like the Panthers of old. Will beat the shit teams most weeks. But I don't see them matching the top 3 sides atleast. The fight for the last top 4 spot is a bit weaker though with the Roosters injuries opening things up.

Dragons fans will rightfully be happy for the first year. But eventually they'll want to be a title contender and not just happy scraping into finals and going out in the second week.

Eels were top 4 last year. Roosters won't be so it is between them and Canberra for 4th spot

It is stepping stones really. You need to build up something and the roster is still being sorted so until they get in the premiership window just beating teams on effort is enough. 3 or 4 years later is a different story

Nealo 12

Bench
To be fair there wasn't much chance of Moses creating anything. Mr flat track bully really doesn't have it in him to turn a game around.

Carty made a couple of mistakes but genuinely looked more likely to make something happen than his halves did. 113m gained off the bench, 38 tackles for only 2 misses. He was among their more effective players. Eels made 14 errors but Carty only made one of them and gave away a penalty that was extremely unlucky to be honest.

He wouldn't fit in our team anymore. But he was far from Eels worst.
Carty made his return for Parra last week in cup and offered nothing , he was worse last night. Can’t see him in Parra squad next week.
I think Super League is his next gig

mxlegend99

Referee
Eels were top 4 last year. Roosters won't be so it is between them and Canberra for 4th spot

It is stepping stones really. You need to build up something and the roster is still being sorted so until they get in the premiership window just beating teams on effort is enough. 3 or 4 years later is a different story
Last year is irrelevant this year. Eels went out in straight sets and weren't in the final 4 teams standing. They won't be top 4 thisyear or in week 3 of finals.

Roosters have enough class to do both even with injuries. But Rsiders and Titans can give them a fight for 4th spot. Eels i cant seedoing so.

The_Frog

First Grade
Hard to beat someone you haven't played yet. He's not that good.

Last year is irrelevant this year. Eels went out in straight sets and weren't in the final 4 teams standing. They won't be top 4 thisyear or in week 3 of finals.

Roosters have enough class to do both even with injuries.

Roosters went out in straight sets too.

martielang

Bench
Hooks personality will bring it all crashing down the the end. No one can work with the bloke

He may have learnt some things from his time here but I know he's (currently) very well liked at the Dragons. My source is rock solid like Katoa's rig.

Even without the inside word, he seems to have more than a few former players wanting to play for him at the Dragons.

franklin2323

Immortal

Roosters have enough class to do both even with injuries. But Rsiders and Titans can give them a fight for 4th spot. Eels i cant seedoing so.

Roosters went out in straight sets last year too. Why is that different?

That is all you have to go for until the season plays out

franklin2323

Immortal
Hooks personality will bring it all crashing down the the end. No one can work with the bloke

Sowie is on his coaching staff

Merrin, Ellis, Hunt, McCulloch soon to be McGuire are all back for more.

You will never win over all the players but a few chunk have no issue going back and they would know better than us

Latest posts