What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome Fitzy

Well, if you want another job somewhere else, you suck it up and get on with it, show your worth. He's got 20+ rounds of footy to do so.
I said the exact opposite but your point is very valid.
There are 14 or 15 players playing for a contract, 1 x head coach and a couple of assistants in the same boat.
Could they pull together and create an "us against them" attitude?
If it was the Flange I certainly think they could, Bomber I'm not so sure if he could keep it going for more than 4 or 5 rounds.
The secret would be to start winning regularly and galvanise into a team that have nothing to lose.
First step: A video session watching this

club movie.jpg

Hello the full movie is on YouTube

Last edited:

Stake Removed

First Grade
I see Bomber along the lines of Nathan Brown's time at STI. Could get them playing ok, but never to reach its height.
I do not see Fitzy along the lines of Bennett, but I do see him being the beneficiary of Bombers work, and hopefully building on that, he has been involved in a lot of GF's so to transpire into those results would be what we'd all want.
Bomber is good comparison to Brown, they are needed by you club at some time.
I still can't get past finals 2019 when he should have had them prepared we should have rolled eagles but he didn't have them ready.
And since then never beaten a top 8 club.
For each player Bomber has improved we have seen a few go backwards Uele this year, Ramien as well, Chad is the prime one

Bomber is good comparison to Brown, they are needed by you club at some time.
I still can't get past finals 2019 when he should have had them prepared we should have rolled eagles but he didn't have them ready.
And since then never beaten a top 8 club.
For each player Bomber has improved we have seen a few go backwards Uele this year, Ramien as well, Chad is the prime one
Rubbish. You talking shit again. Chad hasn’t gone backwards, he just hasn’t gone forwards..... ever

We, the members, put them in charge...unless you’re not a member.
Fair point... Also will be fair to put them out if this proves to be a monumental Andersonesqe type stuff up .I confess to being one who beleived Management should be business people rather than Ex football stars But also think they need to be smart enough to take on board the football knowledge of the players and coaches and recognize what resources they need to win.

Ps , Im not a member , havent been since two massive hailstorms in one season wiped out my crop and damaged trees so severely im only starting to recover financially . Course Global warming had nothing to do with it. I had been a member and spent enough money to have an opinion ,worthless though it may be.

Stake Removed

First Grade
The players so many off contract this is a good time to appoint Fitzy.
If they dummy spit any club looking at them will see it.
For Bomber it happens to most, wasn't his manager at Eagles last week sounding out Penn.
And just this morning Maguire got full support of board at Tigers, if they have to pay him out, I could see Bomber walking straight in

Frailty

First Grade
If Morris is smart, he avoids the Tigers or Manly like the plague.

He should take Fitz's assistant coach gig at the Roosters.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Yep, it'll only improve and prepare him more for when a HC role pops up again. Though it's s competitive market out there, might be years before he's considered again.

Fair point... Also will be fair to put them out if this proves to be a monumental Andersonesqe type stuff up .I confess to being one who beleived Management should be business people rather than Ex football stars But also think they need to be smart enough to take on board the football knowledge of the players and coaches and recognize what resources they need to win.
Hmmm I guess it depends where the advice is coming from. I seriously doubt this is just a bunch of board members thinking, hey wouldn’t it be a master stroke to replace a rookie coach, with let’s see...... I know a rookie coach! Yay let’s vote. Hands up. Decision made.

Has to be more to it

Stake Removed

First Grade
I said the exact opposite but your point is very valid.
There are 14 or 15 players playing for a contract, 1 x head coach and a couple of assistants in the same boat.
Could they pull together and create an "us against them" attitude?
If it was the Flange I certainly think they could, Bomber I'm not so sure if he could keep it going for more than 4 or 5 rounds.
The secret would be to start winning regularly and galvanise into a team that have nothing to lose.
First step: A video session watching this

View attachment 47509

Hello the full movie is on YouTube

I have watched that movie many times, and when they tell jack Thompson they want to sack him, even though he is a good coach and line maybe you are the 2nd beat coach but I am the best director something like that some it up

Tiger Shark

Bench
Interesting choice. First time coaches aren't exactly going gang-busters at the moment. We're a good example. Look what we had to endure under McGregor and Price for years.

True but every coach has been a first time coach at one point, and some have been very good at it. Only time will tell which one they are.

imasharkie

Coach
Yep, if you listen to TKs podcast with Fitzy from last year he even says it just comes with being a coach that you're likely to get sacked. Doesn't take a genius to see what happens across the league with coaches.

Hopefully Morris sees out the year and sees it as a way to improve his credentials for other clubs. It's still valuable HC experience, and if we end up having an OK year then all the better for him.

Still want him to stick around but that seems unlikely.
Could be a gig coming up at the Tigers ( his old club). I reckon Madge is on shaky ground.

Latest posts