What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Targets

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I’m sure there’s a few of these older guys in line for that same sort of conversation. Like I said before.... if they find a better offer elsewhere good luck to them. We need some coin to upgrade Toby...WK... Talakai etc. and some money left over to attract others.

Nellshark

Juniors
Chambers is being targeted as Dugan refuses to go below $500k for 2 years and we refuse to meet it.
Shooting himself in the foot if he believes he is worth that.
That’s good by us... I would take duges at 300 for 2 years and not a dollar more

R-15-3

Juniors
With Dugans constant head knocks he may be lucky to play next year full stop. If I was him I’d sign anything ASAP.

I wouldn’t sign him on anything now, is to risky and not offering anything currently

Stake Removed

First Grade
With Dugans constant head knocks he may be lucky to play next year full stop. If I was him I’d sign anything ASAP.

I wouldn’t sign him on anything now, is to risky and not offering anything currently
And remember if we was to sign for 1 year even at 400 and has to medically retire you don't get any of that cap.
He is too big a risk

So is chambers for next year if its a dugan replacement? He's 33 next month and was pretty ordinary towards the end of his time at Melbourne. Pass.

cb4

First Grade
There are talks that some of the players will go with Morris, that's fine. The way some are playing they will end up at Manly or the Tigers.

I have a feeling the Fitzgibbon signing is the start of a chain reaction that will shake and shape the club.

roboshark

Coach
There are talks that some of the players will go with Morris, that's fine. The way some are playing they will end up at Manly or the Tigers.

I have a feeling the Fitzgibbon signing is the start of a chain reaction that will shake and shape the club.
Wanna keep sj, talakai, Kennedy and toby. What u think

cb4

First Grade
Wanna keep sj, talakai, Kennedy and toby. What u think
I think the only priority is Toby out of that lot. Kennedy a slight second if we don't find a substantial upgrade.
SJ should be a priority but will need to take a considerable drop.
My feeling is Talakai is the most expendable given we have Teig, Wade and Nikora all on longer term deals and have Josh Finau as a huge prospect.

cb4

First Grade
I hope the deadwood walks.
But, in all honesty in this business, if they don't have a coaching clause like we gave Fergo, then it's not really an issue.
I personally can't see too many people following him out the door, as he won't have a HC job, and I don't see too many suitors for a lot of our players.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I think the only priority is Toby out of that lot. Kennedy a slight second if we don't find a substantial upgrade.
SJ should be a priority but will need to take a considerable drop.
My feeling is Talakai is the most expendable given we have Teig, Wade and Nikora all on longer term deals and have Josh Finau as a huge prospect.

I do like the look of Finau.