What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Drew-Sta

Staff member
The Burns / Blacker deal is I think an interesting one.

Burns obviously behind other edge players who have slotted into the system as you want. From what I’ve seen he’s green but is first grade quality.

Blacker is a potential NAS / Ryles clone. Massive body, offload and has good speed when moving. He lacks smarts at the moment and has some attitude / fitness issues. He’s a good three years off, IMHO.

The trade works for both teams. We need edge depth of first grade quality and Burns gives that. You have to plan for the future without FH / Leota, and Blacker is a potential player who could take the FH beast role.

If he fails, you’ve simply spent minimum wage on a kid and can move on to the next. If he succeeds, he has the potential to be something huge.

Good business by both teams TBH.

Last edited:
Cameron Ciraldo on his way to the Sharks if Rothfield can be believed. I hope we sign up everyone we want to keep or it'll be another raid.

Now it’s Ciraldo? Yesterday it was Fitzgibbon

Edit: just read it’s for Fitzgibbon’s assistant position, which is weird. Ciraldo should be one of the next in line to coach FG, odd he’d leave for an assistant position.

Last edited:
Sounds odd. Is an assistant but leaves for another club to still be an assistant.

Just read that he lives in Cronulla, could be as simple as a travel thing. But for his career prospects as a FG head coach, I would’ve thought it’d make more sense to stay here until a job opens up.

franklin2323

Immortal
Makes no sense he'd go for the same job

Plenty of ordinary teams. Just wait until a coach is fired and take that job

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
We could do worse than trying to bring in John Morris as an assistant, he’s done a pretty good job with the sharks. Assuming he can’t pick up another head coach role of course.

Webster was the defence coach at WT. so that leaves open.

Move him defence if only attack coaches are on the market.

What was Morris under Flanno?

WestyLife

First Grade
Doesn't make sense to me unless they're giving him a pay rise. Surely Panthers is better for his career.

franklin2323

Immortal
Doesn't make sense to me unless they're giving him a pay rise. Surely Panthers is better for his career.

Pretty much. Sharks likely lose a few players which will see them drop to Manly or Warriors level instead of borderline Top 8.

Stay at a successful club and you can choose where you go.

There are a few more pieces to the puzzle in regards to the Sharks, we all feel for Bomber, but this plan is getting leaked bit by bit for a reason.

unKwn

Juniors
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...p/news-story/cd426a0146346806b8e40c89b6ee5298

Ciraldo, 36, formally told Penrith officials of the Sharks approach on Monday afternoon. This was confirmed to The Daily Telegraph by Panthers management.

Fitzgibbon has told friends he wants to coach alongside Ciraldo.

Ciraldo still has another year to run on his current Penrith contract with close friends confirming he is torn about whether to stay or leave.

Fitzgibbon and Ciraldo have been firm friends since working together with Country sides several years ago. The pair have long held a private ambition to coach together.

While he has a passion to coach with Fitzgibbon, it is known Ciraldo would genuinely struggle to leave the Panthers.

Negotiations between Ciraldo and Cronulla remain in their infancy. Ciraldo has no desire just yet to become an NRL head coach. He will move back to The Shire at the end of this year for family reasons.

With premierships looming at Penrith, Ciraldo may reject Cronulla and remain at the Panthers.

Ciraldo nurtured and helped develop numerous members of the current Penrith side through the club’s junior program. He is now seeing the rewards of his time and efforts.

One source close to Penrith said: “It would be hard for Cameron to walk away but he also knows he can’t stay at Penrith forever. I don’t think he has ruled out any move to Cronulla or ruled it in.”

With sustained future success almost assured at the club, Panthers officials remain confident Ciraldo will stay.