What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
1138677.jpg

TheDMC

Bench
They remind me of a group of lads at a train station who abuse you as you walk past them then when you turn around jump up and scream ‘What the f*#k are you looking at?!’

and then they beat the shit out of you?
they run away?

Seems to me your analogy is missing an ending.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Hard earned arrogance?

They havent won anything.

Well that's not quite accurate. We won the J.J.Giltinan Shield for winning the minor premiership. It is true that very few people respect that achievement in rugby league (in my opinion it should be valued more, similar to how it is in the A-League in which the minor premiers are called 'premiers' and gf winners 'champions') but it is still technically winning something. That's not to say I'm happy losing the Grand Final or would be happy to lose more finals or grand finals.

age.s

First Grade
I don't like them because of Ivan Cleary.....but the majority of people don't hate them for the same reason.

I can respect that. I'm still deathriding the Roosters over Freddy.

Tbh the next best reason to dislike us is because we HAVEN'T broken the Storm/Roosters hegemony yet. I dont think we'll get endless chances at it like money clubs either.

Wizardman

First Grade
I can respect that. I'm still deathriding the Roosters over Freddy.

Tbh the next best reason to dislike us is because we HAVEN'T broken the Storm/Roosters hegemony yet. I dont think we'll get endless chances at it like money clubs either.
That will be the big challenge for Penrith. A club like the Roosters will never be too far away with their resourses. Penrith on the other hang have a sensational crop coming through at the same time. When that crop is past their peak, Im not sure if Penrith will sustain what they are doing at the moment.

No worries about riding that wave though Penrith fans!

Penrith fans think the hatred is coming from success:

1) The current team whilst obviously a bloody good side hasn’t won anything yet

2) It’s because your players carry on like entitled f**kwits

I have no issues with the fans being cocky. If my team ever starts winning games I’d be the same. And I throughly enjoyed the Viking clap the other night.

Care to explain the “carry on like entitled f**kwits” comment?

franklin2323

Immortal
That will be the big challenge for Penrith. A club like the Roosters will never be too far away with their resourses. Penrith on the other hang have a sensational crop coming through at the same time. When that crop is past their peak, Im not sure if Penrith will sustain what they are doing at the moment.

No worries about riding that wave though Penrith fans!

u17's came 2nd

Flegg is undefeated
NSW Cup is undefeated

There is more coming... So you can hate for a few more years yet

maple_69

Bench
When that crop is past their peak, Im not sure if Penrith will sustain what they are doing at the moment.

Our 20s and Cup are undefeated as well. There’s some really good kids pushing through and they’ll come into a winning environment when we have to shed current first team guys. I think we’re pretty well set up for a long tilt but it’d be a significant departure from our typical terrible management so could very well screw it up yet.

The_Frog

First Grade
He is well ahead of walker already
Indeed. Walker for years drifted from club to club in reserve grade before finding his feet, making his first grade debut at 26. He's now 31 and while still sharp, will soon enough find that Old Father Time is undefeated.

Luai debuted at 21, but had to wait a couple of years while James Maloney held the 6 at Penrith, and didn't become a regular until 2020 when he was 23. He's seven years younger than Walker and already hitting his peak. He is the future.

Latest posts