What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome Fitzy

You would hope so You would even think so. I worked for a company that rapidly expanded, and after big plans made , shoved in place with little or no consultation to people actually getting the job done , Implementing those plans Hiring big talking people and even some high profile sports champions for marketing , taking the big talkers to USA on "research and development to latest equipment , Came back with a catalogue of American machines which our "designed from ground up machines ,began too look just like . Ended up falling as rapidly as they rose ... Still talking up plans the day before they shut doors and appointed administrators put them into receivership . I only just got my own tools out before they locked us out . Was my second similar experience so didnt fully beleive the crap.. Its easier to do things under cover secretly than out in open light so I was looking for telltale signs and got my tools out. In subsequent debtors meetings .Disgruntled debtors were telling lots of secrets. Heard stories of lot of decisions made Many just ego driven,many out of competing with bosses rival ,not really sound business reasoning. Some of you may have used the machines I talk about .may have thought it was a popular icecream . The guy doing drawings for the machines(supposedly designing them from ground up too Haha) was owed couple hundred thousand and was blowing the whistle loud as he could to anyone who would listen.I lost few thousand super and holiday pay.

If Morris was kept on and successful He'd most likely get most of credit for Clubs success. If Dino brings in his own team He will be the genius who rebuilt the club. Not saying thats case here but it wouldnt be the first time an egomaniac made decisions just to steer the glory in his own direction . All speculation of course but that's all outsiders can do when they operate in secrecy. Itll be done and dusted before anyone can protest too much.
You are a down to earth bloke, Battered but down to earth. I have seen plenty of crap go down in business to mate. Often you can see it coming but can’t do a damn thing about it.

Having said that, given where this club has been and the opportunities it now has ahead, I am kind of glad the front office is focussed on the football club and developing an uncompromising approach to achieving success.

it is uncronulla like given the self interest and rubbish that has plagued the joint in the past.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am unimpressed with all of this.

Two years invested, now another 5 year plan.

Oh well there is always 2016, another 40 odd years to go.

John Morris Cronulliafied.

I have no issue with Fitz, just whatever, another rebuild...

Maybe next year hey....

No faith in the decision makers here.

When the 5 year plan fails, bring back flanno...............spews.

Ads

First Grade
I am unimpressed with all of this.

Two years invested, now another 5 year plan.

Oh well there is always 2016, another 40 odd years to go.

John Morris Cronulliafied.

I have no issue with Fitz, just whatever, another rebuild...

Maybe next year hey....

No faith in the decision makers here.

When the 5 year plan fails, bring back flanno...............spews.
Rebuild was on regardless. Big squad turnover was coming.

AJB1102

First Grade
How is 3 years for Fitz a 5 year plan?

But sure, no faith in the decision makers. Couldn't "count" on them.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Sure ok another 3 years, yah!

Will turn into 5.

Or he gets booted after two after building something, then another "three" year five year plan.

Hit that panic button now!

PJ

First Grade
I feel sorry for Morris, and do think he is a good coach who deserved more time with a full cap and a team he wanted.

Having said that the current board seem to be running the place far more proffesionally than I can remember since Lang/Richardson days.

Sponsorship seems good, the Kareela deal seems smart. I'm hopefull they've got this right as well.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
If he punts Chad for Trindall, I am in.

Still unimpressed with the way it happened,

I would not work at such a place myself, they think Morris is what is not attractive, no mirrors in that boardroom.

Some players threatening to walk out? Bahahaha.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

In all seriousness we are actually a long way off from being a top 4 team.

We haven’t even beaten a top 8 team for one season and 4 games.

Oh and if anyone says the Dragons this year FMD they are a false dawn.

Think of the genuine top 4 teams and all their genuine super star young talent propelling

them forward and compare them to a lot of what we thought would be now doing the

same for us. They aren’t. Not even close. Nikora lazy and not stepped up, Ramien

undisciplined and erratic in defence etc. etc. etc.

The Panthers, Roosters, Storm and Rabbits have all the best ELITE young talent coming

through at the moment and they are making the step up to that next level.

We have a lot of players currently on our roster who have played their best football many,

many years ago. Moylan, Dugan, Fifita, Johnson, Townsend & GRAHAM etc and are on

huge dollars. They are also very delusional about how their careers are currently going.

As for Morris. Great clubman, great bloke but only a good coach. He hasn’t taken this

team forward. We are going sideways. Making the same dumb mistakes and we have no

ruthlessness in closing games down and still haven’t learnt how to play smart after 2

seasons and 4 games.

Will the next regime be a success? Who bloody knows. But at least Dino and the board

are not settling for mediocrity and are making moves. I love what Dino is doing with the

Club financially and it’s assets and I love that they are looking at coaches and possible

coaching director from Clubs that happen to be 3 of the top 4 Clubs I mentioned before.

We need a big clean out of a lot of the older generation and some of the weak minded

younger generation. Keep Brailey, Uele, Rudolf etc. and get more consistent class

around them who are trending up and play smart and play hard for 80 minutes. We have

a lot of players who have flashes of brilliance but are just not consistent 80 minute

players. That does not equate to being a top 4 team. That is where Premierships are won

from.

Ads

First Grade
If he punts Chad for Trindall, I am in.

Still unimpressed with the way it happened,

I would not work at such a place myself, they think Morris is what is not attractive, no mirrors in that boardroom.
Is it really any different than signing a player to replace an off contract player? I don’t get the fuss.

Sharkorff

Juniors
The Sharks have the best sponsorship in years - maybe ever. The on-field success does not, will not and cannot match that level. It simply can’t continue with a fingers crossed to just make the 8 mantra.

I like the tenacity of the club on this. John Morris is undoubtably, a terrific bloke. The Fifita call was acceptable, only as long as he was joined by other 2016 Sharks players. Granted, all of the hurdles he’s had placed in front of him, the blind faith and loyalty towards those players has cost him dearly.

We move on, like we have, many, many, many times before but in a much stronger position to rebuild and improve.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Is it really any different than signing a player to replace an off contract player? I don’t get the fuss.
You keep the ones you want.

Hey next few years also rans again.with a new coach ready to hit that panic button.

No fuss, no problem, Cronulla, such footy brains.

Maybe next year.....................................or the year after..............

This year is a write off, coolio.

snout

First Grade
...far from it.

This week doesnt only affect Morris.

Any player with common sense higher than a dog turd surely can see he is next for the chop if he doesnt resemble a guy who could be part of a winning team.
If Chad or woods or duges et al are sitting at home tonite thinking poor bomber - he was the problem. Its too late.

Mace and dino. Theyre starting at the head...will work thru the body and havent even thought about what to do with the arse end yet.
But itsa comin.

So many guys off contract.
So many performances which have been shy of accetpable.
So many wasted dollars on mediocre players.

If l wanted to be anywhere near a sharks jumper nek season l would having my best game for years thia Friday night.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
You are a down to earth bloke, Battered but down to earth. I have seen plenty of crap go down in business to mate. Often you can see it coming but can’t do a damn thing about it.

Having said that, given where this club has been and the opportunities it now has ahead, I am kind of glad the front office is focussed on the football club and developing an uncompromising approach to achieving success.

it is uncronulla like given the self interest and rubbish that has plagued the joint in the past.
***have seen plenty of crap go down in business TOO mate***

Sorry....just had to do that lol.

Ads

First Grade
You keep the ones you want.

Hey next few years also rans again.with a new coach ready to hit that panic button.

No fuss, no problem, Cronulla, such footy brains.

Maybe next year.....................................or the year after..............

This year is a write off, coolio.
Hate to break it to you but this year was a write off before it started. We’ll be in a much better place with a stronger coaching team and new signings. Then you’ll forget Morris even existed.

Strange though that there’s no petitions for the great bloke and club legend that is Andrew Fifita being shafted to Newtown and probably England mid contract.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I have a long memory.

This crap takes years to recover from.

Oh ah, new attitude, oh ah, new culture, oh ah, new roster.

Also rans for another couple of years, then sack the coach.

Fish stinks elswhere IMO.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Trindall for Chad,...may watch.

Not gunna bother this year unless Pele plays.

Have fun.

I am going to do equations, Wade have a holiday man, it ain't worth it.

Ads

First Grade
I have a long memory.

This crap takes years to recover from.

Oh ah, new attitude, oh ah, new culture, oh ah, new roster.

Also rans for another couple of years, then sack the coach.

Fish stinks elswhere IMO.
Used to stink that’s why we’d cop years of apathy. New guys aren’t happy to stand still it seems. If it works then they’ll be lauded. If it doesn’t then it’s back to the status quo at the sharks.

Latest posts