What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Girds89

Bench
It’s not so much losing him it’s who he takes from our juniors that’s the worry

If Penrith agree to release him 1 year early from his contract than I'd be putting clauses in place for an early release. No approaching panthers players being #1.

Sime_11

Juniors
Do we see Ciraldo as the successor to Ivan? i hope he stays - im loving the promote from within Attitude thats been happening at Panthers with the players - it would be good for the Coaches to experience the same.

Pomoz

Bench
We had better not lose Ciraldo. I never rated Baz but Cam Ciraldo has been successful in all his coaching endeavours with us and would be a huge loss. I remember when he first took a coaching role thinking he would be bad at it because of how average he was as a player. But he has been absolutely amazing for the club.
Bellamy, Gould, Sheens, Robinson and Maguire were all pretty average players but have all won premierships. You see this all the time in other sports like soccer. Players like Jurgen Klopp, average German player but world class coach, winning everything at club level in two different countries.

Wally Lewis on the other hand was a brilliant player, one of the best ever. His coaching career was pretty ordinary. A 16% win rate. Ouch.

Do we see Ciraldo as the successor to Ivan? i hope he stays - im loving the promote from within Attitude thats been happening at Panthers with the players - it would be good for the Coaches to experience the same.

Ivan is looking at a 3-4 year extension if he wants it. So whilst Ciraldo seems like a good option as a successor, it could be 6-7 years away.

Can Penrith prosper without Ivan or can Ivan prosper without Penrith?

Yes, and not sure.

The success we’re having now is mostly down to a brilliant junior class, credit goes to Phil Gould mostly. I’m not saying Ivan deserves no credit, but I don’t think he’s the most important cog.

betcats

Referee
Yes, and not sure.

The success we’re having now is mostly down to a brilliant junior class, credit goes to Phil Gould mostly. I’m not saying Ivan deserves no credit, but I don’t think he’s the most important cog.

If I had to pick one person out those at the club currently it is Matt Cameron. He is the guy that will ensure the juniors keep coming through, he had the biggest say in the rebuilding of those junior systems under Gould. I’d be more worried about losing Cameron than I would be worried about losing any individual player from the team right now.

betcats

Referee
To highlight just how good our junior production is right now look at the 2018 sg ball team. 3 years after that 2015 nyc team which was an incredible group our 2018 sg ball included Charlie Staines, Stephen Crichton, Matt Burton, Spencer Leniu, Shawn Blore, Lindsay smith, Zac cini - all currently with fg contracts.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
If I had to pick one person out those at the club currently it is Matt Cameron. He is the guy that will ensure the juniors keep coming through, he had the biggest say in the rebuilding of those junior systems under Gould. I’d be more worried about losing Cameron than I would be worried about losing any individual player from the team right now.

and Jim Jones the talent spotter.

maple_69

Bench
Cleary in his two stints has had a great deal to do with the culture and standards in the squad. Obviously not the only one who’s contributed to that but you look at other rebuilding clubs and that is the single hardest thing to change once losing and mediocrity is ingrained.