What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.6 v Broncos

CCJohnC

Juniors
Pleased to see the same team chosen. Was worries about Leota as was possibly
carrying an injury..
Very happy Crichton still at fullback. Just re-watch via Canberra and he played well except for the two errors.

WestyLife

First Grade
Crichton has played more fullback than Staines at NRL level.

2 and a half games or something like that. He's not exactly Billy Slater.

In a perfect world they use both throughout a game while Edwards is out. No one will challenge Crichton under a high ball and very few can challenge Staines speed and fullback skills. Also would be just plain confusing for teams already struggling to keep up.

Pomoz

Bench
2 and a half games or something like that. He's not exactly Billy Slater.

In a perfect world they use both throughout a game while Edwards is out. No one will challenge Crichton under a high ball and very few can challenge Staines speed and fullback skills. Also would be just plain confusing for teams already struggling to keep up.
Sorry Westy, under the rules of the Geneva Convention that would constitute cruelty to horses and is illegal. There are Broncos' fans out there praying that Ivan doesn't read Westy's posts!

WestyLife

First Grade
Sorry Westy, under the rules of the Geneva Convention that would constitute cruelty to horses and is illegal. There are Broncos' fans out there praying that Ivan doesn't read Westy's posts!

Lol I wouldn't want an issue with the RSPCA or anything.

It'd be a non issue if the nrl would ban injuries.

Jane Murray

Bench
Matt lodge has come out in a interview and said there are more young talented players at the broncos than Penrith
Thank you Matt like last week the raiders claiming to be a better forward pack this will be used as motivation by the boys
It is beyond my comprehension why Matt Lodge was not incarcerated for his cowardly act in the US? I hope he gets a wake up call tomorrow night.

John Hamblin

Juniors
It is beyond my comprehension why Matt Lodge was not incarcerated for his cowardly act in the US? I hope he gets a wake up call tomorrow night.

He was also there with the Fifita brothers at a junior league game when Fifita abused the referee after the game and I think also broke his MOB. Just an absolute GRUB.

The_Frog

First Grade
Seems on a par with Jack Wighton, and similar outcome as well. No-one mentioned Jack's matter before the game last weekend.

Putting young blokes with issues in prison never helps.

Last edited:

Girds89

Bench
I think the broncs will be fired up and won't be easy beats. Every team will be looking to smash us now. They pack is back fully fit. Lodge, pangai, haas, all good players. There pack is quite good.

Dearden and croft are the seriously weak points. Kikau and capewell need to get qt them very early and just run at them all game.. if we can get them 1 on 1 with either close to the line it should be try time.

I'll just be happy with the two points and no injuries. Be nice to see Charlie continue his development. Slowly improving every week so far which is nice to see. Also hope Martin backs up last week with another strong performance.

Need to see more from critta this week. I don't care if he doesn't do anything fancy in attack, just want to see him getting to all kicks first and show some urgency bringing the ball back and not jog it back.

Black Magik

Juniors
Dearden and croft are the seriously weak points. Kikau and capewell need to get qt them very early and just run at them all game.. if we can get them 1 on 1 with either close to the line it should be try time.
Deaden is a very good 1 on 1 tackler.

Girds89

Bench
Deaden is a very good 1 on 1 tackler.

Agreed, he is. But doesn't matter how good he is one on one, kiks is different.

Kiks is another beast and is 32kgs heavier than him. One on one close to the line and he's realistically no chance of stopping him. I think Brisbane will be aware and it's going to create a lot more opportunities for luai or Burton cause kiks will draw extra attention this week given dearden is one of the smallest half's in the comp.

That's one of kiks biggest assets..even when he's having a quiet game, opposition is still worried about him and he draws numbers. Creates space and time for everyone else.

He's been really fired up the last few weeks. Hope it continues tmoz night

betcats

Referee
You aint stopping Kiks one v one close to the line. Its not just the individual halves they have playing its also the defensive combinations. Their edges in the centres and halves has been changing a fair bit. Young Niu is physically strong but does not read the defence well.

Latest posts