What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs South Sydney @ Stadium Australia

Who will win? Round 6: South Sydney v Wests Tigers

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They will have a dig after all the stuff that has been flying around, but sadly it’s like putting your Rodeo up against a V8 at Bathurst...your not going to win unless they run off the road.

Our forwards have the potential to mix it with every pack, our backline would not mix it in the reserve grade comp. If we play out of our skin we will hold them to about 35, if we turn it up again like last week...70 is on the cards. Hopefully with all the negative press re blowouts the ref is given instructions to keep it competitive and we get 30 six agains to there 1

One hour to the team is announced, you would think Madge will make some changes but who knows

Maybe a chance for redemption but I doubt it.

I think it will be blood on the team sheet streets as senior management will want profound changes.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I don't like Joffa on an edge, for me he is a middle, but I guess if we aren't happy with Garner there is basically no one else in the squad apart from MCK that can play second row.

Tiger05

First Grade
Simpkin getting a start is good but dropping Liddle completely to me is an overreaction. I prefer Joe O at lock or the middle.

Garner has been pretty good though.

Das Hassler

Bench
Kapaoa at 4 with Talau outside him and the roommates over on the other side ..this may be the season's highest full-time score by halftime...as always i hope not but this really is bambi v godzilla...bunnies complacency is the only hope for under 50...and yes off course they'll try hard but..

Expect the “Its not what the WT are about “ line from Madge again, the truth is, it is what we are about ,we are f##king hopeless, it’s like this club has been cursed, it wouldn’t matter if we had the 17 best players in the NRL we would still come 9th at best.

Expect the “Its not what the WT are about “ line from Madge again, the truth is, it is what we are about ,we are f##king hopeless, it’s like this club has been cursed, it wouldn’t matter if we had the 17 best players in the NRL we would still come 9th at best.

Nice expression benched, true blue. Sums up my thoughts on this life tragedy we are all put through.

Tigers1986

Juniors
The fixes are to drop Liddle completely and bring back that goof Kepoa? Oh my lord, they are going to get BELTED.

stryker

First Grade
Simpkin getting a start is good but dropping Liddle completely to me is an overreaction. I prefer Joe O at lock or the middle.

Garner has been pretty good though.
Liddle does nothing but he had many friends.

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
So looks like Liddle paid the price for last game? I thought there were a few others who would consider themselves lucky.

Was at Sunday’s game and said to my mate Liddle is playing like a busted bus. One set he made it to D/H to throw the ball once. Anyway I hope he makes it back into the top grade after all the set backs but Madge made the right call. Shame Nofo did not suffer the same fate

I’d be wanting to throw the big kid Simpkins into this game if he’s fit. He’s too young to be intimidated!

I’m happy to play a defensive game mainly to stop Latrell who will be used as a battering ram. We will need extra cover.

It’s not really a game for Tommy or Keps.

Some good grudges out there courtesy Doogie, Roberts, Amone, Muz will all have a point to prove hopefully.

We can’t really move Laurie anywhere, but he’s going to struggle if they get close, or one on one with their might and power-there’s not much of him.

As bad as he is, Brooks is the only one remotely qualified to play at half.

We need a lot of courage and bodies on the line. Basically a spoiling and wrestle for as long as possible, at every opportunity. Scrap it out.

As soon as they settle down and exploit our evident weaknesses we are f**ked, so the whole focus should be on surprise and gross punishment.

We can’t afford to adopt any kind of conventional footy in this game. I don’t care if we kick on the first, if it’s a good kick and we cream the recipient and keep them downfield, pray for the error, that’s ok.

As good as they are, they can get frustrated.

Some bodies in motion in attack would be a novel idea. A couple of scrum moves.

Mix up the hooking roles, hopefully cini in at the last minute.

bj is good at f**king around but if we tell him to actually play that way, he will let us down and come out and play a factory game.

Courage Tigers Courage

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Was at Sunday’s game and said to my mate Liddle is playing like a busted bus. One set he made it to D/H to throw the ball once. Anyway I hope he makes it back into the top grade after all the set backs but Madge made the right call. Shame Nofo did not suffer the same fate

Can't see Nofo being dropped considering how dire our winger depth is.

Vozzy

Juniors
As bad as we were on the weekend I think doing small changes gradually is better long term then say having 5 debutants. As bad as we are Madge would be trying to win not just check out young guys for the sake of it. I still think there are promising young guys in the reserves especially in Tuilagi and Kiah Cooper. Also with Blore back in a few weeks I think these 3 could have impact. It's annoying cos we obviously don't have the right players still for this year but the young guys coming through have potential to be better then what we are seeing in first grade at the moment. I think Madden has a good future it's hard to know how Madge thinks of the next crop coming through. Maybe for some of them like Madden he wants him to add some weight which he will naturally in a year.

This job is tough and whether Madge is the answer or not if someone else comes in how long do they have because judging by this year most of the new coaches are struggling anyway.

Tigerm

First Grade
As bad as we were on the weekend I think doing small changes gradually is better long term then say having 5 debutants. As bad as we are Madge would be trying to win not just check out young guys for the sake of it. I still think there are promising young guys in the reserves especially in Tuilagi and Kiah Cooper. Also with Blore back in a few weeks I think these 3 could have impact. It's annoying cos we obviously don't have the right players still for this year but the young guys coming through have potential to be better then what we are seeing in first grade at the moment. I think Madden has a good future it's hard to know how Madge thinks of the next crop coming through. Maybe for some of them like Madden he wants him to add some weight which he will naturally in a year.

This job is tough and whether Madge is the answer or not if someone else comes in how long do they have because judging by this year most of the new coaches are struggling anyway.
Yep, I think the Cows game would have been a good game to debut some young blokes, not against Souths though.

Latest posts