What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Morris Quits

davi

Juniors
John Morris has quit as head coach of the Sharks after being advised that Craig Fitzgibbon will take over at the Sharks next year. Assistant coach Josh Hannay will take over in the interim. It was probably better for Morris to walk away, it he thought the situation would get worse. Anthony Griffin and Nathan Brown took it in their stride and finished out their tenures though.

For Morris though the future still remains optimistic. Brown as former coach of the Dragons went backwards and then forward's again and is head coach of the Warriors. Morris just needs to bide his time and continue with his craft. Its still possible he may get another shot down the track if he's eager.

https://www.espn.com.au/nrl/story/_...unce-craig-fitzgibbon-coach-john-morris-quits

Last edited:

Slackboy72

Coach
fAqd0sd.gif

Perth Red

Post Whore
Must have been very peeved at the decision to walk out. Castleford need a coach for next year, wouldn’t hurt him to have a couple of successful years in SL until the next coaching merry go round period comes up in nrl.

davi

Juniors
why quit, just coach out the season

He could have left clean and finished out his tenure. It does have the possibility of going very sour if you stay. Eels had signed Michael Hagan as coach for the next season while Brian Smith was coach of the Eels. Gus Gould advised Smith to walk away. He didn't and things went from bad to worse and he ended up quitting mid season.

Exsilium

First Grade
why , he had a gig this year

You’re right, he did.

I think he should have stayed on, taken them to the finals and flipped the bird on the way out but this didn’t need to be played out in the media. Wait till the end of the year.

I think it’s poor form when you consider he’s being replaced by a bloke who’s a great assistant. Jason Taylor was a good assistant. Stephen Kearney too.

Slackboy72

Coach
You’re right, he did.

I think he should have stayed on, taken them to the finals and flipped the bird on the way out but this didn’t need to be played out in the media. Wait till the end of the year.

I think it’s poor form when you consider he’s being replaced by a bloke who’s a great assistant. Jason Taylor was a good assistant. Stephen Kearney too.
Steven Price was a premiership winning assistant twice.

Bazal

Post Whore
You’re right, he did.

He's a bit damned either way IMO. I can understand it, he's basically been made an interim coach by the decision, he's got f**k all upside to staying really and the potential for it to go pear shaped is high. So is the potential for a full season of media blowtorch shitf**kery on the club, the players, him...

You’re right, he did.

Morris was an assistant coach for one year before he was made head coach by default. Fitzy has been an assistant coach for eight years to arguably the best team of the past decade. Actually, Morris was still playing while Fitzy was coaching.
Some perspective if you please.